new Samsung 226CW LCD O_o

Xenozx

2[H]4U
Well it looks like Samsung announced 2 new LCD's. a 24 inch, and the 22 inch 226CW. My understanding is it comes from a 226BW but they enhanced a few things. Basically a new form of back lighting and an increased color gamut. Pretty kool. I think I will hold off on buying the 226BW in hopes the CW is better overall. the only thing that kinda upsets me is the dot pitch.

226BW = .258

226CW= .282

all the rest of the specs appear the same.

1680x1050
1000/1 (3000/1 dyn)
300 nit brightness
160/160 viewing angle

what does everyone think?

i gotta question that difference in the dot pitch as a typo, shouldn't it be the same? they're both 22" monitors with the same resolution and therefore would they have the same # of crystals?

Yeah, dot pitch should be identical unless they are different resolutions on the same sized screen.

bah its gotta be a typo. i'm getting one as soon as FS gets them in anyways, i'll let u guys know;)

I wish I knew an exact date as to when they will be in stores. I've been planning on picking up a 226bw but I wont if the cw is coming soon enough.

I wouldn't get that one. They are also releasing another one with the same panel + wide gamut + it has a better all black case and a glossy panel. The 226bw case looks like shiat.

You are a very confused person.

If you think the 226bw case looks good you must be the dumbest person on this forum. It's got a black border which is good but there is an abrupt change to silver at the bottom that is very distracting by itself, combined with the fact it also has an extremely bright blue led light that you can't turn off and it's not height adjustable earns the case and all of your posts an F.

Case was obviously designed by a D student and if you are a forum noob with an IQ of 2 that voted for George Bush you might disagree.

Oh yea nevermind, you are one of those weirdos that gets angry anytime someone say something that doesn't sound like a positive infomercial about the monitor you own.

I pulled those #'s strait from Samsungs website. They have both models on www.samsung.com and they do list the dot pitch differently. I hope it is a typo, cause then I will most definately purchase one once I find it in teh states for <400 bucks :)

If you think the 226bw case looks good you must be the dumbest person on this forum. It's got a black border which is good but there is an abrupt change to silver at the bottom that is very distracting by itself, combined with the fact it also has an extremely bright blue led light that you can't turn off and it's not height adjustable earns the case and all of your posts an F.

Case was obviously designed by a D student and if you are a forum noob with an IQ of 2 that voted for George Bush you might disagree.

Oh yea nevermind, you are one of those weirdos that gets angry anytime someone say something that doesn't sound like a positive infomercial about the monitor you own.

No, I'm saying you're confused because this thread is about the 226CW and not the 226BW.....the one you would actually recommend (you wrote this in another thread; actually doesn't matter since you recommended the 226BW as well, touting it as one of the best monitors out there....if i remember correctly, you bought a HP w2207, then a 226BW, then the w2207 again just to buy a 24" LG after that. Yeah, quite the expert you are).

And just for good measure, you said that they're
R0achTheWarHero said:
releasing another one with...a better all black case and glossy panel
. Well, here's what you had to say about glossy panels, just a few weeks ago:

R0achTheWarHero said:
because the glossy screen tricks you into thinking the colors and contrast are better than they are and that trick does work while you're standing in the LCD showroom but when you have the monitor in ideal lighting conditions or no light at all, it looks like crap.

Oh and please lay off those constant unnecessary insults because even if i won't report you, someone else will at some point (anybody who knows your track record). And then we won't have anybody to laugh at anymore.

Quite honestly, in the whatever how many years I've been a member of this forum, i seldomly have seen someone posting quite as many comical and at the same time sad posts as you did here in the last few weeks. Most of your posts have no knowledgable information in it and the pitiful small amount that's left is full of insults.

Kinda old news, according to the behardware article the CW revision is just samsung's response to the 226BW S,A,C panel fiasco. The only real difference with the 226 CW is that supposedly samsung has promised to only use S-panels in them.

Thanks R0ach, I feel so enlightened. Seriously, after this sublime experience I don't know if I can look at the 226BW the same way anymore.

Edit* It's obvious that the latter part of my post is sarcasm but judging from your past writing, you need that special hint.

"because the glossy screen tricks you into thinking the colors and contrast are better than they are and that trick does work while you're standing in the LCD showroom but when you have the monitor in ideal lighting conditions or no light at all, it looks like crap."

The comment was about the w2207 panel. It doesn't look that great in lighting conditions that don't show it's glossy apperance because it relies on a huge white level and a crappy or mediocre black level in order to achieve it's contrast ratio. If the original 226bw had a glossy panel there would be no threads saying "I think the w2207 looks better". It allows you to cheat and display contrast and saturation that the monitor is not capable of while it's in flashy lighting conditions. Turn off all the lights and a 226bw S panel looks better because it can't cheat with the gloss screen then.

Kinda old news, according to the behardware article the CW revision is just samsung's response to the 226BW S,A,C panel fiasco. The only real difference with the 226 CW is that supposedly samsung has promised to only use S-panels in them.

According to that article, the real difference is that it has an extended color gamut. Because Samsung cannot buy extended gamut panels from another manufacturer (yet), you will by default be getting an 'S' panel (for now).

Mofongo

"because the glossy screen tricks you into thinking the colors and contrast are better than they are and that trick does work while you're standing in the LCD showroom but when you have the monitor in ideal lighting conditions or no light at all, it looks like crap."

The comment was about the w2207 panel. It doesn't look that great in lighting conditions that don't show it's glossy apperance because it relies on a huge white level and a crappy or mediocre black level in order to achieve it's contrast ratio. If the original 226bw had a glossy panel there would be no threads saying "I think the w2207 looks better". It allows you to cheat and display contrast and saturation that the monitor is not capable of while it's in flashy lighting conditions. Turn off all the lights and a 226bw S panel looks better because it can't cheat with the gloss screen then.

LCDs should not be used with all the lights turned off. Mr Expert. :s

Well I personaly love to play games with all the lights off.

Um... so.... I think someone should call Samsung and see if we can get an answer as to when this will hit stores.

Back