Qpack2 Question

MC FLMJIG

Supreme [H]ardness
Have a really quick question.

I've been looking for an MATX case that can handle the HR01 by Thermalright. I have found a few but they are steel and weigh a bit to much. Some as much as 15-20lbs. I can lift tit but when all is inside it will weigh a decent amount. TOO MUCH.

Now I was giddy when I read this:

I tried assembling the fan after taking it off and sliding the motherboard tray in, but there just wasn't enough space. I ended up going back to the stock AMD heatsink for thermal testing. However, I was able to install my Thermalright HR-01 which is a huge plus in my book. I have not been able to find any case that would accept this tall passive heatsink.
http://www.overclockersonline.net/index.php?page=articles&num=1141&pnum=4

Now I had 2 Microfly's and they should be very similar if not identical to the Qpack2. I tried placing the HR-01 on an Abit NFM2 Nview but couldn't see how to place it. Maybe I didn't try hard enough.

I'm willing to cut half of the bar but not all of it as the HD's will be on that bar and I will be transporting often.

Has anybody tried with other tower sinks or the Thermy? Any pics and help would be appreciated!

Thanks

You say you will be transporting it often... just wanted to point out that while I liked the Qpack2, its unfortunately quite flimsy and you definitely should not trust that handle to hold $1000+ worth of equipment.

Thanks to Simon @ Overclockersonline.

I can see that with a tad of modding this can fit a 120mm fan and help it!!! Will lost the HD cage but theres always a way! Theres plenty of room on the other side for a bit of suspending!

Back