So I cant do 3

locutus24

[H]ard|Gawd
Just to ensure that I am not incorrect but is it not possible to hook a tv up to my 7600gt with two monitors already plugged in. Because I can only get it to see 2 screens at once, and was just hoping I could do three at once

Yes you can do triple with matrox's Triple Head 2 Go. You only need one video card.

Yes you can do triple with matrox's Triple Head 2 Go. You only need one video card.

Genius, thats not what he asked. He's asking if his 7600GT can do both two moniters and TV out at once to which the answer is "no."

what kind of tv is it??
why would you want to hook it up to a tv along with 2 monitors?? using it for desktop view? the only way you could is to buy a cheap pci card i believe.

Cant do it. You need a 2nd video card. Best Buy has the 5500 for only 79.99!! Such a deal for a PCI card.

In all seriousness though, pick up a 6200 or whatever on the cheap for pci

Genius, thats not what he asked. He's asking if his 7600GT can do both two moniters and TV out at once to which the answer is "no."

Then why recommend him to buy a second crappy video card?
I'd love to have one of those VGA to Composite switch.

Managed to find a 3dfx Voodoo didn't even think that would even be able to support 1280x1024 on my Dell 19" but it works great

Managed to find a 3dfx Voodoo didn't even think that would even be able to support 1280x1024 on my Dell 19" but it works great

Just about anything will support up to 2048x1536 in 2D mode, really. Anything made in the last decade anyway.

Similar question... My 3007WFP-HC is ordered and in the mail and it'll be driven by a single 8800 Ultra. I also have two Samsung 191T 19" LCD's that I'd like to flank the 30" with. I was just wondering what the best video card for this purpose would be? To clarify, the flanking LCD's will -only- have 2D content on them (most likely, a browser window, IRC, AIM, Winamp, etc.).

I found a few posts on WSGF that suggest that mixing and matching different series of GPU's can be problematic (due to having different driver sets). Is this the case or should I be fine with any run-of-the-mill dual single-link DVI card to drive the two Samsung's? Or should I stick with using the cheapest 8-series card to drive the flanking LCD's?

Also, should I be connecting the two 19" LCD's to the cheaper card, or should I connect one of them to the Ultra? Or does it not matter?

I found a few posts on WSGF that suggest that mixing and matching different series of GPU's can be problematic (due to having different driver sets). Is this the case

Your going to get a lot of mixed responses to that question.

My experience mixing video cards has been bad...bad bad bad. Driver conflicts up the ass and big stability issues.

I have seen many here who have had no problems. I tend to think it depends on the exact driver combinations your using.. but of course, that's just what think.... who knows.

And in your situation, I would run the 19"s off the lesser card. Just my opinion.

Similar question... My 3007WFP-HC is ordered and in the mail and it'll be driven by a single 8800 Ultra. I also have two Samsung 191T 19" LCD's that I'd like to flank the 30" with. I was just wondering what the best video card for this purpose would be? To clarify, the flanking LCD's will -only- have 2D content on them (most likely, a browser window, IRC, AIM, Winamp, etc.).

I found a few posts on WSGF that suggest that mixing and matching different series of GPU's can be problematic (due to having different driver sets). Is this the case or should I be fine with any run-of-the-mill dual single-link DVI card to drive the two Samsung's? Or should I stick with using the cheapest 8-series card to drive the flanking LCD's?

Also, should I be connecting the two 19" LCD's to the cheaper card, or should I connect one of them to the Ultra? Or does it not matter?

You could connect them however you like, but I'd suggest the 30" to the Ultra and the others to the secondary card. Grab an 8400 for like, $60 or less, you'll be good.

Hrm... Should I be looking somewhere other than the Egg? The cheapest dual DVI 8-series card I can find is 99.99 with $10 rebate, Leadtek 8500 GT 256MB. I'd rather pay a bit extra to stay with an 8-series card to avoid any potential driver conflicts, but at $99.99, it does seem a bit overkill in terms of the limited purpose it will be serving.

It seems that the 8400 GS is what I need, but is this card even out yet? Some Google searching seems to produce conflicting reports of its availability (of the dual DVI version). Or is the 8400 only available in DVI + Analog configuration? If the aforementioned 8500 really is the cheapest solution, would it be beneficial at all to stick with the same brand across the Ultra and the 8500? IE, should I spend the extra $10 and get the EVGA branded 8500 in order to complement the EVGA Ultra I'll be getting?

Brands with Nvidia cards mean very little. All the cards are produced by the same company (Foxconn I think?). All that changes is customer service and terms of warranty.

As you won't be OCing the lower end card you shouldn't really worry about the brand. Also, unless you've already bought the Ultra there's a good deal on an XFX Ultra for $600 - $50 MIR with free shipping. http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=10005187

You could actually get a 7 or even 6 series card and just use modded inf drivers like what people use with laptops. It's not like the 6/7 series cards /won't/ run on the new drivers. I'm running 16x.xx series drivers on a 6600 GO right now with my laptop. www.laptopvideo2go.com is your friend.

Back