AreEss' Abit IP35 Feature Comparison

AreEss

2[H]4U
Okay, since this is driving me absolutely crazy, I'm going to share it with EVERYONE so there's NO QUESTIONS as to what you get with the IP35 boards.

IP35-E
- Base Model
  • Intel P35 Northbridge
  • Intel ICH9 Southbridge
  • 4x DDR2 800/667/533
  • 1x PCIe 16x
  • 2x PCIe 1x
  • 3x PCI 2.2
  • 4x SATA-II by ICH9
  • 1x Gigabit Ethernet
  • 8x USB

IP35
- Next step up.
  • Adds - Intel ICH9R Southbridge, Matrix RAID AHCI + 0,1,5,10
  • Replaces - 6x SATA-II by ICH9R
  • Adds - 2x IEEE1394 Firewire
  • Adds - Heatpipe cooling including Vregs

IP35 Pro
- The ultimate.
  • Replaces - 2x 16x PCIe slots (1 at 16 lanes, 1 at 4 lanes)
  • Replaces - 1x 1x PCIe slot
  • Adds - 2x Gigabit Ethernet
  • Adds - 2x rear eSATA ports by JMicron
  • Adds - Rear EZ-CMOS reset switch
  • Replaces - Full heatpipe cooling for chipset with Silent OTES.
  • Adds - uGuru
  • Adds - Port 80h Diagnostic LED

You're welcome. :)

Nice work, AreEss! And thanks for looking out for your fellow [H] by sharing it. Someone else here in the [H] Forums put together a Google document when P35 was first introduced that compares all of the P35 boards, but it is hard to follow at times, so your work is a welcome addition. Again, thanks! :)

P.S. And yes... uGuru rocks!

Adds - 2x Internal SATA ports by JMicron (also handles rear eSATA)

Okay I am trying to decide I need the pro, or if I should just get the regular version. and just to be clear the pro doesn't have two more SATA ports, correct? It has six, the same as the regular.

Abit's site: said:
Serial ATA

- 6 x SATA 3Gb/s offer by Intel® ICH9R support Intel® Matrix Storage Tech(AHCI & RAID0/1/5/10)
- 2 x eSATA 3Gb/s through JMicron® JMB363 support 0,1JBOD RAID function

Great job. Should have the ip35 in a few days.. hope it OC's well and handles Vista x64 :)

[*]Adds - 2x rear eSATA ports
[*]Adds - 2x Internal SATA ports by JMicron (also handles rear eSATA)
the bit about adding 2 internal SATA ports is wrong - they are on the rear IO plane & as such aren't imo internal.

the bit about adding 2 internal SATA ports is wrong - they are on the rear IO plane & as such aren't imo internal.

Indeed it is wrong. Correcting that now. I'm not on my proper monitor, so I actually mistook a header for two SATA ports. D'oh.

I don't see a mention of the onboard power & reset switches either.

No problem Pepsi. I won't be doing one for new chipsets - because I just got a P35 board and won't be upgrading :) But if anyone want the layout, I can export it as a .xls for them.

No problem Pepsi. I won't be doing one for new chipsets - because I just got a P35 board and won't be upgrading :) But if anyone want the layout, I can export it as a .xls for them.

So which one did you end up buying?
also the link to your spreadsheet tries to open it in edit mode I think (ccc, instead of pub in the url), thanks for making it though

Back