Auzen Prelude is out!

I'm about to order a Prelude. My PC audio system is a 2.1 (in sig) and I've no intention of going 5.1 or 7.1. Would I be buying a lot more sound card than I'll ever use?

Sounds like you have a AV-level 2.1 setup, so something like the Prelude might not be as overkill as you might think. Probably heavily dependent on exactly how you plan to hook things up, though.

I'm going to wait until I read some reviews on how the drivers function before I pull the trigger.

Not a bad price, really. About the same price as the X-Meridian, but with a much more powerful processor. Very interesting.

Just got my tracking number; the X-Prelude will be here tomorrow before 10:30 AM! :D

I'll let you all know how it goes...

Moofasa - I've ordered from Auzentech website, i will check my mail back home whether they shipped already.

Ps: did you order from Auzentech or NCIX ? :confused:

Moofasa - I've ordered from Auzentech website, i will check my mail back home whether they shipped already.

Ps: did you order from Auzentech or NCIX ? :confused:

NCIX and I have the actual sound card in my hands as we speak. :cool:

I'm just waiting for this last torrent to finish before I shut down and install the card (about an hour left).

Uh oh... I just read there's no Linux support for the Prelude. Can anyone confirm this?

Forgive me if this is a stupid question... but is this card still reliant on Creative's crappy drivers?

Uh oh... I just read there's no Linux support for the Prelude. Can anyone confirm this?

There is no X-Fi support in Linux; this would include the X-Prelude.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question... but is this card still reliant on Creative's crappy drivers?

Yes, as discussed a millions times already, Creative writes the drivers.

Well everything is installed and works fine (even with 4GB installed!) including ALchemy except...

the microphone input is ridiculously too soft. :( I have the microphone volume set to 100 (and amped it by +20db) and it is still very soft (the mic works fine on the Elite Pro). In fact, I had this very same issue with my X-Mystique over two years ago, *sigh*. It seems this issue still plagues Auzentech, even on a sound card based on a different chip (which makes me worry that it's not a driver issue but instead a hardware issue :(, perhaps Auzentech just uses weak microphone inputs). I sent them a support ticket; we'll see what they answer with.

nice. this is great for the HTPC. Unfortunately, I don't do a whole lot of gaming on my HTPC, or I would definitely be in for 1

How do you like the Prelude aside from the microphone issue?

It's works fine in all other regards, which surprised me a little because I figured I would have the 4GB issue. Right now it's essentially an Elite Pro with slightly better analog quality and different connection types on the card (ie: I don't have to use that huge breakout box just to use my microphone and I didn't have to get a converter to use the optical out).

The microphone issue is not too bad since I can use Ventrilo to amp it another +10 db (then people can hear me perfectly), but of course if the program doesn't have a built-in amp (which is like practically everything else besides Ventrilo, especially games), the microphone is utterly useless since no one can hear me. If Auzentech can get Creative to amp the microphone input by 10-15 db more in the drivers, it would be the perfect card. But currently it's the Prelude's Achilles heal.

*crosses fingers* This is the third time I'm trying to post this message; the previous two times the database crashed *crosses fingers*

There is no X-Fi support in Linux; this would include the X-Prelude.

Heh, what are the chances. Dan (works for Creative on OpenAL) posted this in the OpenAL mailing list today:

Dan said:
According to a schedule I saw it appears that a basic public beta Linux
driver (64bit only) may be available in Sept / Oct time-frame.

Dan said:
32bit support will be available - but will probably come later. I think
the priority for the drivers is being driven by OEM rather than retail, so
testing / development is focused on 64bit.

Not sure if that helps you out.

Hm... i've taken note of the mic issue you mentioned so i will test and see if i get the same result :x

Anyway i am not too worried about it since i don't use mic at all really :p

Any other thing you tested it on like music, games ? How is your experience ?

Also is it true EAX still doesn't work over digital ? ( i'm using analog speakers but curious regardless ).

And are the drivers strictly the same as Creative or are they modified. Is the Prelude drivers any better ?

Someone mentioned the part where you fit into the digital was long and very loose, could you confirm that ? And if so is there a solution for it ?

:cool:

Was yours shipped ? Last i checked mine it wasn't ._.;

Just wondering whether some punk who just ordered it later then me had his shipped before me too :mad:

I ordered about 6:30 PM EST, so I doubt that it was shipped out. More than likely sometime in the next few days, unless there was someone working there REAL late with a yen to ship out orders! :eek:

I just canceled my Prelude order and bought an X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatality Pro from ZZF that'll cost only $79 after a $50 rebate. I know the Prelude is a better card, but the Fatality will perform very well for me and the price is too good to ignore.

NCIX now has an extra Prelude waiting for a good home, so go get it!! :)

Ok so i checked this morning and i got a mail saying my Prelude was now being shipped to me.

Said it was coming from Canada or Us i forgot. Is the Auzentech Online store stock based there ? I was expecting shipment from South Korea since it's closer to my country so i ordered :d ...

I got mine yesterday installed and so far so good. Haven't listened to much yet, but it sounds pretty good so far. :eek:

Back