Media Extender Software?

bigstusexy

2[H]4U
I know its not exactly a PC but as what I need is used on the PC and for other devices I thought this would be a good place and that you all would know.

I'm looking for the Media Extender software for Xp, not media center. I know there is such a program however when you visit Microsoft's site now, they direct you to the zune software.

I don't want to use the zune software I'd like to use the older pgoram. Does anyone know where to find it or know what the original install file is so that I may search? I've had it before but I can't find it now.

Are you sure you aren't looking for Windows Media Connect?

No I'm not sure, what I am sure of is that this program was for installing onto an XP non media center program and from there one could share their library with the 360. I'll try looking for that.

I found it, I see its built into WMP11 and I dont mind that and have it installed. I'll see how it goes when I get home, Thanks Vader.

Thanks that was what I was looking for. It allowed me to stream from my computer.

1 the Connection software crashed anytime I tried to use a different folder
2 Neither method supports files on the network.

At least I have it working, now to see if I can stream in a game PGR3 didn't seem to give me the option.

Thanks for all your help.

For anyone else looking for this, its simple to do with Windows Media Player 11, Right click your library and select share my library, it will then ask you a few other questions and you'll be done, the 360 will detect the service by your computer and you're done.

Back