Latest drivers
Auzentech Prelude

SPDIF toslink -> onkyo ht-s790
audio default output: spdif

foobar plays mp3 fine.
system sounds are ok.

now Bioshock:

- I can hear sound in the game menu.
- however, no sounds in the game itself.
- I can hear sounds when I try to hack one of those terminals (the pipe game).

hints? bug? other games are ok.............

please advise.

thx.

How about Asio, does it work in Foobar ?

Ps: i am not sure whether Asio needs to be used in Foobar to sound good with this sound card, any advise ? :confused:

noob question: what is onkyo ht-s790 ?

I had to disable EAX in Biotech...

vista 64 + auzentech prelude = no EAX.........

HT-S907B.jpg

onkyo ht-s970

Try EAX with analog sound instead of S/PDIF, the prelude was designed for analog output anyway

Yeah so if Eax works when your in analog, i guess that confirms EAX won't work over Digital :( But if that is the case, then why is that ? Is it a driver or hardware issue ?

I think it's a creative thing as I don't think EAX works over any digital output. Maybe auzen can get it working once they implement DDL support, I'd imagine DDL would take analog output and convert it but guess this goes on the wait and see list

That would be stupid if they converted digital to analog and back to digital again. Stupid and pointless, you may as well just use analog if that is the case.

I really doubt it is though, they would have to physically connect the DAC's to the ADC's, and since the ADC is only capable of stereo and not any kind of surround, you'd only get stereo which would make dolby digital completely useless (and have a side effect of your microphone being able to go directly to spdif.)

Only a brain dead engineer would try something like that.

It is a bit worthless to speculate at this point though, unless somebody who actually has the card is willing to trace the PCB to find out if the hardware is setup to allow a signal to pass from the DSP to the spdif controller instead of just the DAC's.

Back