Input lag

Make sure the shutter speed of the camera is quite high. Otherwise you'll get shutter lag

I will go to a retail store that have many LCD's connected to each other. I will ask if I can run that software there. Can this help?
And at what time should I stop the watch to compare?

it doesn't really work like that sadly, since if you stop the clock it will be the same on all screens. The way to capture the lag is by taking a photo of the screens on a high shutter speed, which will show that some lag behind others

In games, a delay of 16.7 ms equals a delay of one image

Exactly what is a delay of one image, two images and so on. I don't understand it with the delay of images, what images?

well you can disable the MagicColor profile (it's just a series of preset modes in the OSD for "movie", "game" etc), but doubt it would make any difference at all tbh

well you can disable the MagicColor profile (it's just a series of preset modes in the OSD for "movie", "game" etc), but doubt it would make any difference at all tbh

Input lag? A difference it makes. Just like the magictune for 226BW, without magictune activated the 226BW is really bad looking.

Input lag? A difference it makes. Just like the magictune for 226BW, without magictune activated the 226BW is really bad looking.

so you're saying that disabling the preset MagicColor modes from the OSD improves input lag?

anyone have similar input lag shots of the LG24 inch and the BEnQ 24 inch?

I have the LG screen and it feels like at least 1 frame lag... just enough to prevent pinpoint rail shots...

Here's a question:

I recall seeing somewhere that someone claimed their monitor (or LCDTV?) showed more input lag when running DVI->HDMI than HDMI->HDMI.

My understanding is that this should be a straight pass-through, and work out exactly the same, but...corroboration, anyone?

Here's a question:

I recall seeing somewhere that someone claimed their monitor (or LCDTV?) showed more input lag when running DVI->HDMI than HDMI->HDMI.

My understanding is that this should be a straight pass-through, and work out exactly the same, but...corroboration, anyone?
it is pass through, HDMI contains a DVI video signal together with a digital audio stream.

What I could pick up from the bad english translate, I got the touch that they refered with bad input lag, something because of the 6-bit panel technology. I could be wrong.

Speaking of input lag, does it really have that bad interference on on-line shooter?

A input delay of 60ms is by many seen as really bad and not worth buying even if its a really nice LCD.

Then how much is 60ms? It takes 1000ms for 1 second. So if your LCD does 10ms or 60ms it's still way fast regarding that they are not even close to a half second. Then imagine how fast 60ms is regarded to a half second that is 500ms.

Add that 60ms onto the 60ms of lag from a server, and you have a 120ms delay. You are getting near modem like cumulative response times there. I noticed input lag during gaming when I first switched from CRT to LCD, my aim with hitscan weapons took a sharp nosedive and I was confused as to why I wasn't hitting when I thought I should have.

If you are very used to gaming with low ping and no input lag, it WILL screw with you. I've adapted, but my aim never got to where it was with a CRT. If you aren't gaming, then the input lag won't make too much of an impact on you.

I have an old 2405 and it sucks horribly for gaming, it always feels behind... if I play for awhile I get a headache from it. So for a long time I used 2405 for desktop and a 15" crt for gaming.

226BW apparently has almost no input lag. I really want to get one but no longer at bestbuy. They now only have the 226CW which, for some reason, has way more input lag. This doesn't really make sense but I REALLY don't want to risk buying it.

Anyone know of any reviews of th 226CW testing its' input lag and getting good results? I'm guessing there must be some setting that causes it to be worse but I want to be 100% sure.

Back