annaconda

[H]F Junkie
Newsetup:

Q6600 @ 4050 mhz (for now)
Asus P5K Motherboard (this time)
Crucial Ballistix PC6400 @ 1080mhz

Q6600 @ 4.1 GHZ (Perfectly Stable ) pervious Results

Batch# L727A918

Asus P5K Deluxe Motherboard (New Motherboard replacing XFX 680i Sli Motherboard)

Watercooling 2 seperate loops: for complete system pictures click HERE

Cpu Loop:
MCP655 -> MCR320 -> MCR320 -> D-tek Fuzion-> MicroReservoir.

LOOK @ the temperatures, i am getting better with the lapping :D

Asus P5K Deluxe Motherboard P35 Chipset

4050-8236401.jpg

30.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Previous Thread Shots: Motherboard was XFX 680i Sli Motherboard, i am keeping it for comparison.

4.1.jpg

4050ghz.jpg

sandra4050.jpg

sadra4050MultiMedia.jpg

Sandra4050Memory.jpg

Nice work Annaconda!!!

I am waiting to get my P5K premium and see if I can get higher clocks out of mmy C2Q. I am out of FSB on my 680i.

The G0's are awesome hey!!

PS what are your Prime small FTT load temps of say 30 minutes plus???

Just did a 10 minutes on Everest Ultimate Tourture Test. I thought if this baby can handle this torture test it will be good, because Everest is the worst tourture test out there. If you don;t belive me try it.

My Fuzion is definately not flat, as i see Core1 has more temperature under load.

VCORE = 1.65 in Bios and 1.55 in Windows is a big Vdrop, but i am working on it to see how far can i go.

Torture.jpg

CPUz 1.41 has been officially released. I was just wondering if it finally reports core voltages correctly on your board? Incredible OC, especially for an nvidia board. :cool:

I can go higher but i did not tried. :D I am more than satisfied with these results.

Gimmie 4 hours and I will believe you then... :)

Not trying to be a dick, but thats the truth. Heat saturation in your loop is a real problem.

Show us 8 hours Quad prime95 just to quell any doubts as to stability. Nice temps btw, I really need to lap mine now. I am getting those temps with 1.4v and 3.6ghz.:mad:

8 hours lol, i don;t have that free time man. I am going to use it to see how it performs in the day to day taks. Like watching HDTV broadcast, GAMES, Video Editing, etc.

But i will try to get some time for 4 hour stability test.

You can't let it run overnight stress testing?

My computer is only 2 feet away from my bed. If i let it run overnight i cannot sleep, but like i said i will try as soon as possible, but it is working fine right now, i am doing lots of multitasking to make sure it is stable.

lol, good one Hurshai. Ok what is the safe Voltage for Q6600, i am runing it @ 1.6125 in BIOS and in windows it is at 1.57-1.58

nice oc man, but to make it fully legit to be stable you have to run some form of stress testing program for a period of time. Other then that man, nice OC.

nice oc man, but to make it fully legit to be stable you have to run some form of stress testing program for a period of time. Other then that man, nice OC.

Agreed. We need some solid (at least 6 hours) of Orthos or Prime95 for it to be dubbed "fully stable."

i am work right now. I might try it tonight, but you guys did not answer me. I mean what will be the safe VCORE.

I had it @ 1.6125 in BIOS, but windows show 1.58-1.57 then under load it drops to 1.55 or might be 1.52. I don;t want to burn the CPU, can i go higher in VCORE, like 1.655 ?

i am work right now. I might try it tonight, but you guys did not answer me. I mean what will be the safe VCORE.

I had it @ 1.6125 in BIOS, but windows show 1.58-1.57 then under load it drops to 1.55 or might be 1.52. I don;t want to burn the CPU, can i go higher in VCORE, like 1.655 ?

You are already well past the "safe" voltage, which I've read as 1.5v for watercooling. I believe Everest suffers the same temp underreporting as Speedfan, so you are likely well outside the safe temp range as well. What does Coretemp say? If Everest is underreporting, I'm betting your load temps under P95 are going to be above 80C.

Would you mind cropping, or at least resizing, your screenshots? Having to scroll when you are on a 1920x1080 desktop is kinda silly.

I thought the limit was 1.6V ? correct me if i am wrong.

The chip is speced to 1.372 (B3 & G0) by Intel. Temp varies from B3 at 62C and G0 at 71C. What I've read basically says:

1.4v -1.45v : good aircooling, medium watercooling
1.45v-1.5v: good watercooling to excellent watercooling
1.5v+: exotic cooling

Vdroop makes things screwy, but that is a good rule of thumb. Whether you judge the voltage before or after vdroop is between you and your chip. Just don't RMA it if you let the magic smoke out.

I have D-tek Fuzion + 2 x MCR320s with MCP655 just for CPU, so i call it Exotic. But still i think limit for Quad Core CPU is 1.6V right?

I have D-tek Fuzion + 2 x MCR320s with MCP655 just for CPU, so i call it Exotic. But still i think limit for Quad Core CPU is 1.6V right?

And not a fan on the lot. Exotic is peltier and phase change, maybe even chilled water, but definitely not large passive radiators. Not to say your cooling isn't good, as it certainly falls somewhere in the high end watercooling, but it isn't exotic.

As to what the "limit" is on the G0: nobody really knows yet. There are damned few people anywhere running above 1.55 (you and two other records I know of). It might be that the G0s end up being monster chips that love all the voltage you can throw at them, but I wouldn't bet on it. Sticking under 1.5v and 70C per coretemp after a couple hours of torture is something I feel safe with. Staying under the thermal limit alone might be good enough for your chip to live a few years.

I think you need to get Coretemp installed and do a one or two hour torture test to see what kind of temps you are actually getting right now.

Well i am runing VISTA64, and CoreTemp does not work with VISTA64 for some reason.

Well i am runing VISTA64, and CoreTemp does not work with VISTA64 for some reason.

You need to disable forced driver signing on startup for it to work. Press F8 before you boot into Windows to do this.

Well what do you expect from PC6400 5-5-5-15 @ 1000 mhz is not that bad. Is it ?

thats pretty good ,now I hope i didnt sound like an ass about its not really legit unless its stressed tested, but thats the truth. overall though that is a great oc and looks to me that you got a good chip. I would play around the 4ghz range right now to see how well that holds up.

Athlon XP, i did checked the Stress test last night for 10 minutes under Everest. But i will try it tonight for longer like an hour or so.

Athlon XP, i did checked the Stress test last night for 10 minutes under Everest. But i will try it tonight for longer like an hour or so.

TBH an hour isn't that long. It's a nice OC, but it doesn't mean it's (as you said) "perfectly stable" yet. At least 6 hours.

Nice overclock, hope your 6 hr prime95 testing goes well. prime95 imo is the most tortuous on quad cores.

Here's what the Intel datasheet says about maximum voltage for a Q6600:
http://download.intel.com/design/processor/datashts/31559205.pdf

2.5 Voltage and Current Specification

2.5.1 Absolute Maximum and Minimum Ratings

Table 3 specifies absolute maximum and minimum ratings only and lie outside the
functional limits of the processor. Within functional operation limits, functionality and
long-term reliability can be expected.

At conditions outside functional operation condition limits, but within absolute
maximum and minimum ratings, neither functionality nor long-term reliability can be
expected. If a device is returned to conditions within functional operation limits after
having been subjected to conditions outside these limits, but within the absolute
maximum and minimum ratings, the device may be functional, but with its lifetime
degraded depending on exposure to conditions exceeding the functional operation
condition limits.

At conditions exceeding absolute maximum and minimum ratings, neither functionality
nor long-term reliability can be expected.
Moreover, if a device is subjected to these
conditions for any length of time then, when returned to conditions within the
functional operating condition limits, it will either not function, or its reliability will be
severely degraded.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Table 3 shows absolute maximum = 1.55 volts.
Beyond 1.50 volts is considered to be outside "functional operation limits."

You are pushing the envelope annaconda. A little crazy but definitely good work! :D

Back