G92 IS the next top of the line = 9800GTX in November

Zorachus

[H]F Junkie
http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2939&Itemid=1

G98 is for the entry level

There has been a lot of talk about G92 and many sites reported that this chip is a mainstream part. Our well informed sources have confirmed our previous allegation that G92 is a high end.

It should be a faster clocked revised version of the G80 core at 65 nanometre and it should launch in mid November. The G98 is also the real codename and that is the 65 nanometre version of the G86 the 80 nanometre entry level chip. 65 nanometre will help Nvidia to make its production cheaper and the chips cooler.

There will be one more G9x chips on 65 nanometre and we believe that G96 is the name. Time will tell.

Good news. This is what I was thinking all along. There's no way Nvidia would go through this Christmas season without releasing a new flagship.

I heard rumors months ago before the new ATI 2900XT was released, that the 8800Ultra would be out in May/June and just a tad faster, but that nVidia true next generation VidoeCard's would be out one year after the official 8800 series launch, which would put it in November of this year

FFS. Quit posting shit from fudzilla. That stupid fucker has gotten so complacent that he won't even bother to post anything beyond a paragraph long, much less site ANYTHING. Fud was kicked off of INQ for posting up bullshit... why would you want to listen to him? Thats like a toilet kicking out a piece of shit because it was too stinky even for the toilet.

People will believe anything they are told, except that god doesn't exist.

I really hate how this guy can say ANYTHING, and people will take it face value.

I still have yet to see any info from a credible source about this card, except for the possibility of xbit labs, but it seemed to be pretty much a copy and paste of what everyone else has been saying.

I don't think the actual truth about w/e nvidia is working on will be known intill 2-3 weeks before the launch of this card, thats when they become leaky.

Tech speculation used to be cool, intill people realized they could increase there ad revenue with it, now you get fabricated benchmarks, specs and such all the time.

Am I saying this info is false, no. But people put too much weight on this stuff, and put too much faith in its credibility.

<snip> intill </snip>

I hate to be a grammar nazi...but intill?!?! That's not even close to being a word. You make some good points, but most of the weight behind your post is lost when you make stupid grammar errors like above.

Personally I really *want* to believe that G92 will be a top end card. However, I won't be getting my hopes up on anything fudzilla puts forth. I am hoping to buy a high end card for Crysis, so I was really looking forward to a high end replacement.

nvidia is probably laughing their asses off. this is probably exactly what they want. people confused as to whether its a high end card or a midrange card. ATi probably doesnt have a clue either.

maybe its all BS and their is no such thing has a G92 to begin with. just some number that one of you guys made up

Faud is far from 100% accurate, but actually when it comes to nVidia product releases, he's not half bad. I remember him being the first source I saw confirming the release date of the 7800 GTX 512 (bought two of those suckers).

I think that its pretty much a given that there will be a new high end part coming out by end of year. nVidia NEVER goes a whole year without releasing a new high end part.

There will be a 9800 GTX or whatever they'll call to replace the 8800 bu year end. No doubt.

I hate to be a grammar nazi...but intill?!?! That's not even close to being a word. You make some good points, but most of the weight behind your post is lost when you make stupid grammar errors like above.

Okay, want a cookie?

Back