What kind of Panel? -- LCD24WMCX

[edit] Hm.. at first I thought TN with such a low price, but looking at the NEC page, there's a 178 degree veiwing angle horizontally and vertically, so I'm changing my guess to S-PVA for the 24", unless they've found some new way to stretch the truth. The specs on the 22" look like TN.

the viewing angle specs suggest otherwise:

178 degrees Vertical / 178 degrees Horizontal at CR>5

:?

Looks like I edited my post right before you posted - I typed the TN thing first without reading the spec page, but edited my post right before you posted yours after reading the specs. See above.

Either S-PVA or some form of MVA. The 20" version of that will have a TN since NEC stopped using IPS for their consumer models.:rolleyes:

note that the spec is listed at CR > 5, as opposed to the normal CR>10....it might be an exagerated way of showing the viewing angles, the rest of the spec certainly looks like TN Film to me.

note that the spec is listed at CR > 5, as opposed to the normal CR>10....it might be an exagerated way of showing the viewing angles, the rest of the spec certainly looks like TN Film to me.

I considered that too, except the vertical viewing angle CR is the same as the horizontal, unless they are flat out lying, this means it's not TN. At 178 degrees, CR on a TN film is not even 5.

Back