Finally... Some REAL benchmarks

The future looks very interesting with the 45nm Xeon Harpertown and a 2.5GHz AMD quad-core in the next quarter. AMD hasn't clearly hit a homerun this time, but at least they're playing in the same ballpark.

i think that pretty much sums it up...

when it comes to barcelona, with higher clocks comes better competition

Ok im a little confused on the whole Barcelona release. Did it get released and im just behind on my news? I also been hearing Phenom is getting soon, but thought that wasnt until November. Can someone clarify this for me.

The new Barcelona Opterons came out on the 10th. Phenom should be available before the end of the year.

I would assume that the first run all get bought up by OEMs, but they're out in the wild somewhere.

I would assume that the first run all get bought up by OEMs, but they're out in the wild somewhere.

Sept. 10 was the definition of a paper launch.

Barcelona is still nowhere to be found or ordered with a solid shipping date. On the other hand, Xeon MP (Tigerton) can be found at Dell, HP, etc.

Um, the IBM benchmarks state that you can buy a Barcelona equipped server by November .... I forget the date.

Sept. 10 was the definition of a paper launch.

Barcelona is still nowhere to be found or ordered with a solid shipping date. On the other hand, Xeon MP (Tigerton) can be found at Dell, HP, etc.

I haven't found Tigerton at Dell. Do you have the link and availability?

HP states "call for availability" for their two Tigerton servers http://h71016.www7.hp.com/dstore/Mi...=2635&BaseId=23381&oi=E9CED&BEID=19701&SBLID= and http://h71016.www7.hp.com/dstore/Mi...=2420&BaseId=23337&oi=E9CED&BEID=19701&SBLID=

None of those are in stock. The staticice.com page says the ETA is 5 days though on the 1.9GHz and 2GHz OEM processors. We'll see in 5 days if it's still unavailable. ;)

There are similar X7300 series Xeon MP preorder pages on other sites. Now that's a real race. :p

None of those are in stock. The staticice.com page says the ETA is 5 days though on the 1.9GHz and 2GHz OEM processors. We'll see in 5 days if it's still unavailable. ;)

There are similar X7300 series Xeon MP preorder pages on other sites. Now that's a real race. :p

the austrailian / Czech were in stock when i first looked on tuesday.

it's not a paper launch when AMD already has sent cpus out to server makers for revenue build. I normally say that if you dont' have a product a month after launch, THAT is a paper launch.

Indeed, AMD was shipping Barcelona well before the official launch date of 9/11, back in August.

Back