Finally bought a 360!

djoye

2[H]4U
First off, I love my PC, see the specs below, she's the sweetest person, BUT SHE'S SLOW AS FUCK! Seriously, I'm tired of this chickenshit bullshit. I'll upgrade it in a few years when I can afford to play Crysis at a reasonable price. Until then I'll be playing games on a 42" WEGA at 1080i without any lame ass hitching.

I bought Dead Rising with it and I'm looking forward to RE5, GTA4, Forza 2, and more. I got a lot 0731 Premium but I don't really know what means. I was a little pee'd at first since the original AV cable with the optical out was blocking the bloody HDMI port but I used a multi-console AV cable I had and plugged it into the AV port to get digital optical audio and was able to get the HDMI cable into the port since that third party cable was thin. I don't remember the brand of the cable but I got it from GameStop. It's got PlayStation, Xbox, and Xbox360 connectors on it.

hope you have fun with it. There are a ton of good games out for it now, and this fall/winter mighe break your pockets.

Your PC doesn't seem that bad and your 360 will probably be in the shop in the next 6 months.

(Just going by the numbers)

lol....

i see another thread coming...

"RROD on my 360 need help!!! ASAP"

and they are demanding too..:D

yea.. i bought a 360 last December.. and surprisingly loved it..

i won't be doing any PC gaming for a while now

My pc is not much faster than yours and I can run bioshock maxed out at 1680x1050...

UPDATE YOUR XBOX 360 THROUGH XBOX LIVE. lol, I hate old firmware Xbox's.

just don't play it more than an hour a month.......that way maybe it will last you a year.

Your PC is probably more powerful than your 360 looking at your specs!

I went down the same road as you last year. My xbox hardly ever gets played whilst my PC (just built this new one) now gets all my play time again. Just one reason - I love shooters, and I love KB/M, and I love the online ease of PC. MS LIVE and their slow peer to peer gaming solution sucks donkey balls. Whilst the 360 controller is good, its only viable to play those duck and cover shooters. A straight FPS is an exercise in frustration. People will tell you that you will adjust but you will always find it slow, inaccurate, and to be honest a kludge solution.

And try playing new RTS games on the 360 like World in Conflict.. You cant yet !

Other game types on the 360 rock though - driving games, puzzle games, old arcade games, flight games. Just not shooters! (Which the 360 has an abundance of for some bizarre reason)

You will love it for a while, and then you will either switch back or send it back to MS in a Coffin with RROD stamped on the top!

Your PC is probably more powerful than your 360 looking at your specs!
Incorrect. No way that rig could even run Obliv with an outside enviroment over 30fps with the quality settings that the 360 version runs.
You will love it for a while, and then you will either switch back or send it back to MS in a Coffin with RROD stamped on the top!

He has a recently manufactured 360, RRoD aint nearly as much of an issue with them. Granted they can still fail, just not as offten.
Most of the RRoD problems are with the older units. Stop trying to scare him.

MS LIVE and their slow peer to peer gaming solution sucks donkey balls.
I've had no problem connecting to online games with Live. Not all online 360 games use P2P, some do have dedicated servers. One can say the same for PC games, plenty of people host games as they play, and 90% of the dedicated servers out there are provided by the players themselves, for Clans and such.
I've also had no problem downloading 1GB+ demos in no time over my 10Mbit cable connection. Their DL servers are usually very speedy, unless its a brand-new demo with everyone jumping on to download it.
I'm quite pleased with the Live service myself.

First off, I love my PC, see the specs below, she's the sweetest person, BUT SHE'S SLOW AS FUCK! Seriously, I'm tired of this chickenshit bullshit. I'll upgrade it in a few years when I can afford to play Crysis at a reasonable price. Until then I'll be playing games on a 42" WEGA at 1080i without any lame ass hitching.

I bought Dead Rising with it and I'm looking forward to RE5, GTA4, Forza 2, and more. I got a lot 0731 Premium but I don't really know what means. I was a little pee'd at first since the original AV cable with the optical out was blocking the bloody HDMI port but I used a multi-console AV cable I had and plugged it into the AV port to get digital optical audio and was able to get the HDMI cable into the port since that third party cable was thin. I don't remember the brand of the cable but I got it from GameStop. It's got PlayStation, Xbox, and Xbox360 connectors on it.

Enjoy! Dead Rising is freaking awesome.

LOL, you guys are ridiculous with your RROD if you play more than XX time. I have had my 360 for almost a year and a half, and have played over 500+ hours on it. Some three-five hours at a time. I haven't had one overheat issue, game freeze, or artifacting, and guess what? i am on my first xbox that I bought a year after the release of the 360. Amazing how proper ventilation can extend your playtime. However, playing Heavenly Sword on my PS3, I had the game freeze on me to where I had to hard reboot the system. :rolleyes:

Grats on your new 360 :D

Wow...looking at your specs they are nearly identical to mine (only a single 7950GT now). I haven't really tried any pc gaming in the year or so I've had my 360 but it sounds like time has passed my rig by if your can't run current games at a good clip.:(

Go to Toys R Us and get the buy 2 games get 1 free deal before it ends.
Hmm, thanks for the heads up. Had no idea about that.

My pc is not much faster than yours and I can run bioshock maxed out at 1680x1050...
At what? 25FPS? I know everyone has their opinion on what "runs" but I consider 60FPS solid "running" when it comes to PC games.

UPDATE YOUR XBOX 360 THROUGH XBOX LIVE. lol, I hate old firmware Xbox's.
Got that taken care of. OMG NOW M$ IS SPYEING ON ME! ;)

Wow...looking at your specs they are nearly identical to mine (only a single 7950GT now). I haven't really tried any pc gaming in the year or so I've had my 360 but it sounds like time has passed my rig by if your can't run current games at a good clip.:(
Yeah man, my PC has a hard time with Bioshock at max details 1280×1024, 30-50FPS and usually gets choppy when there are many enemies at once. Quake Wars is choppy and I'd hate to see what Crysis runs like. Oblivion is decent and it's really not bad in outside environments but it ain't great.

With what I've got I'd need a motherboard, CPU, RAM, and video card (~$900 total?) to play games that probably still won't run a solid 60FPS at max details. I HATE playing games at lowered detail just to get speed and I hate playing at choppy frame rates and for the people that say game play is more important than graphics then stop buying $500 video cards so prices come down.

At what? 25FPS? I know everyone has their opinion on what "runs" but I consider 60FPS solid "running" when it comes to PC games.

average of 30 fps, which is fine for me in a game like bioshock. Thats why there are graphic options that you can turn down.

Back