Crisis DELAYED till 10/26/07

It is the most anticipated PC game of the year and they're still tossing around with it. Fuck that.

Thanks for the MP beta of Crysis, FilePlanet :D! Nice perk of an otherwise awesome subscription service ;).

It's not too bad. The game needs work still trust me. Runs ok with an 8800GTX but just ok.

This is bullshit. I didnt do the Beta because I knew the demo was around the corner. WTF EA you can suck it along with all those Halo 3 fans. Its like morons maybe announce that BEFORE you have a beta come on man. Next thing will be Oct 26th demo released and Nvidia announces no new video card until 2008.

Just another in the large pile of disappointments in dates. There's just no use to trust any date at any time for any game from any game company. None.

The question is what are we gonna do about it?! Nothing. Actually we'll give them our money once they're done dragging us through the date torture machine. Joy.

EDIT: There's no way they release this game on Nov 16th. I look forward to someone quoting me back when Crysis is on my HDD Nov 17th.

Just another in the large pile of disappointments in dates. There's just no use to trust any date at any time for any game from any game company. None.

The question is what are we gonna do about it?! Nothing. Actually we'll give them our money once they're done dragging us through the date torture machine. Joy.

I rather have a finished product than a product that acts like a beta (which happens all too frequently). I agree though, devs should just keep their mouths shut. :)

EDIT: There's no way they release this game on Nov 16th. I look forward to someone quoting me back when Crysis is on my HDD Nov 17th.

QFT. There's no way this game is realeased in nov. I predict mid december. (completely baseless claim pulled out of my a$$)

Yea, I wasn't really expecting them to get a demo out the door a month and a half early after experiencing the Bioshock debacle.

edit: You guys get pissed waaaay too much about this sort of stuff. They're giving you something for nothing; take it easy.

People, settle down. They delayed it one day.

It's ok. You'll survive.

They already ruined their chance of getting me to buy it by choosing EA as a publisher.

People, settle down. They delayed it one day.

It's ok. You'll survive.

One month and one day :eek:

But I am kind of glad, getting a demo of this game almost two months ahead of the official game would burn me out of all the North Korean killing, deforestation, and turtle smashing and could handle. Thus killing all the hype.

But they did state that they will add the Crysis Sandbox 2 in the demo :eek::eek:

You got the most advanced game to come out in friggin history of games to date, in almost every aspect, and your mad because they cant just crank it out in time?

I actually think farcry 2 will be a better game, but only time will on that one.

You got the most advanced game to come out in friggin history of games to date, in almost every aspect, and your mad because they cant just crank it out in time?

I can't speak for anyone else but for me it's the final straw on my camel. I feel stupid for trusting game companies for so long. Only now can I rest in the peace knowing that no date is a real date. It's all fluff. Until the game sits on my HDD I refuse to be excited.

EDIT: Oh yeah ... and l3ender... Be sure to post that link of the Crysis demo on September 26th. ;)

Oh well. Why are people so pissed about this again? This is completely different from the BioShock fiasco.

These are disapointing news no doubt. I was so excited to get my hands on the Crysis demo. I find it weird though, that only a few days, before the actual demo release date, did they say something. But it's no big deal. The demo was set to be released 2 months before the full game, which was far too long to wait. So even though disapointed, I'm ok with it. I just hope there are no more delays.

And yes, this is nothing like the Bioshock debacle. And it's also nothing compared to what Valve or Epic did. At least and as far as we know, Crysis is set to be a PC exclusive for a while.

And btw OP. You should change the title of this thread. It should be "Crysis DEMO Delayed".

Looking at the state of the beta (ie. crap performance with all but the most uber rigs with AA and graphics issues) its obvious the game engine needs work. Must be true of the single player experience as well.

Beta's these days are double edged swords. The TF2 beta is generating a hell of a lot of good publicity for valve as well as pre order revenue. It was a solid beta, and they knew it. I call that one a PR-beta which oozed success.

The crysis beta has defused the myth that Crysis will be the 2nd coming of christ. Whilst I saw potential whilst playing it, I certainly didnt think that it would be my 'most played game' this christmas. The feedback on forums has been mixed.. lots of complaining about performance with people screaming 'what do you expect.. its a beta'.... Well people expect TF2 level beta's these days really.. ie. almost finished games, and the Crysis beta is a long long way from being finished in my opinion.

So in summary... if the single player demo had gone out this month, it would have only succeeded in putting people off buying the game. lets hope that by October they have tweaked it to almost perfection. Make no mistake though.. they delayed the demo due to the hostile beta feedback and saw it as a PR nightmare if the demo in its current form had gone out!

If they get it to run well, the wait will be totally worth it. What I have seen so far is the best looking, sounding game ever.

Fuel of War is also going to own btw. Cod4 is coming too. Going to be a great year.

No need to be mad, a game is released when it's done. You should be thankful that they ARE putting effort into optimizing it. If anything, the closed beta is giving them a ton of feedback on literally thousands of issues ranging from poor fps to downright BSODs.

Tracking down and fixing bugs in a program is NOT an easy task, and in a game where millions of lines of code is possible, it's downright frustrating.

Quit griping you pansies.

I was about to upgrade my vga, but well, i still have some time.. Waiting time.

I'd rather wait longer and let'em get it right. I probably won't play Crysis 'til Nvidia releases their next-gen card, anyway. I'm keeping myself entertained with Bioshock and some older games I'm re-playing.

I say take their time and get it right, I don't want another POS rushed to
production game.

FFs change the topic its the demo thats delayed yeah but having played some this game needs badly optimization if playing full details online its near impossible to get stable 30fps.

FFs change the topic its the demo thats delayed yeah but having played some this game needs badly optimization if playing full details online its near impossible to get stable 30fps.

I can only imagine the amount of bitching that would've ensued if the demo played like the beta. :eek:

At least it was only delayed a month. Rockstar delayed GTA:IV about 5-6 months.You should expect stuff like this on anygame that is creating a tottaly new engine. Hopefully we will be able to test crysis on the next-gen NV card keke.

Yea, just what I want to play COD4 and UT3 both on consoles as well. COD hasnt been good since it left the PC for the console as its priority. I am not buying another console FPS port again after the shit Shadowrun was. Crysis was the way for the PC community to rally around watching all those console losers wait in line for Halo 3 and we can't even do that next week /sigh

Back