FutureShop online pre-order for Crysis game (somebody's last day at work?)

In case it gets edited:

Futureshop said:
Releases 13 Nov/07. Earth, 2019. A team of US scientists makes a frightening discovery on an island in the South China Sea. All contact with the team is lost when the North Korean Government quickly seals off the area. The United States responds by dispatching an elite team of Delta Force Operators to recon the situation. More Info
WebID: 10074190
Mfr. Part Number: 123456
Instruction Manual Language English
Operating Language English

More Information

As tension rises between the two nations, a massive alien ship reveals itself in the middle of the island. The ship generates an immense force sphere that freezes a vast portion of the island and drastically alters the global weather system. Now the US and North Korea must join forces to battle the alien menace. With hope rapidly fading, you must fight epic battles through tropical jungle, frozen landscapes, and finally into the heart of the alien ship itself for the ultimate Zero G showdown.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

* Optical Drive: DVD-ROM
* CPU Speed: At least a 2.8GHz processor. Try something with Dual Cores - that should help. Maybe cut some speed holes in the case and add some fans. Ooh, and some of those neon lights. And stickers - they make it go faster.
* Disk Space: 1.0GB for local play. 6GB for play on the "tubes" (they're not like a truck, you can't just put things on them.)
* Display: Just buy a new video card. Seriously. (Oh, alright: At least an Nvidia 6600 or an ATI x1600 with Shader Model 2.0 - See, told you). It'll do some pretty stuff with DirectX 10 so you might want to upgrade to Vista and a DX10 video card while you're at it. Yes, we finance.
* Memory (RAM): A Hojillion GB (1GB should be good. You really can't have too much RAM though).
* Operating System Compatibility: Windows XP and Vista. Vista is required for all the DX10 prettiness. Not Mac Compatible (well, you could always get a new iMac and dual boot. It's not a bad choice.)

Glad you copied it here cause it's changed now :(

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
Optical Drive: 16X CD/DVD Drive
CPU Type: Intel
CPU Speed: 933MHz
Disk Space: 2.0GB
Display: AGP Video Card with 64MB or more of memory + NVIDIA GeForce 3 or greater or a ATI Radeon 8500 or greater
Memory (RAM): 256MB
Operating System Compatibility: Win98/ME/2000/XP, Not Mac Compatible

Still seems fake though.. 933MHz CPU? 64mb video card? 256MB ram?? :eek:

Probably an emergency edit to get rid of the offending (and yet far more accurate) "snarky" requirements. It's the middle of the night, so they probably won't get it completely squared away until later...

hehe, yup someones last day alright ;)

The new system requirements are way off, they're obviously just a bandaid rather than having the area blank.

its sad but that gave me a chuckle when i was reading it, but the guys requirement list is almost accurate to the dime for crysis's requirements though he added some sweet commentary.

Good call IcedEmotion, wouldn't have seen this if you didn't copy it.

"Memory (RAM): A Hojillion GB" lmao :D

Someone should build a rig to the exact specifications (the revised version) and then try to sue Futureshop when it won't work. (or return opened pc software which is just as difficult) ;)

Someone should build a rig to the exact specifications (the revised version) and then try to sue Futureshop when it won't work. (or return opened pc software which is just as difficult) ;)

I've got one that has nearly those exact specs.
Just need to underclock it a bit and take out some ram. lol
winxpsp2.jpg

So....
They're saying this game will run on my computer?

Thats some coding. I mean, shit man... NOTHING new has worked in 3 years... :(

Glad you copied it here cause it's changed now :(

Still seems fake though.. 933MHz CPU? 64mb video card? 256MB ram?? :eek:

No you read it wrong. Those are the system requirements for running a POWERPOINT file with screenshots of the game and slides explaining what the actual system requirements are.

Edit: My mistake. Those are actual system requirements. You can run the game with those specs on a special extra low setting and it looks like this:
iw.png

This is obviously a joke. Not to mention one that was posted here awhile back. I'm not sure if it was the same place or not, but another had similar crappy specs like that.

Back