Challenge: I can RAMP better than anyone here! (AKA: Look ma, no labs!)

mavalpha

[H]F Junkie
Update:
15 October 2007, 1am:
Entries are closed. Best of luck to all, you're going to need it!
The challenge will conclude at the 1am EST update beginning Sunday (that's 1am between Satuday and Sunday), the 28th, so it's really almost three weeks.

Here's the deal:
I'm pushing myself to consolidate spare parts. I'm at around 2K PPD right now, and I think I can turn that into 6K+ in the next two weeks.

I'm so sure of it that I'm issuing a challenge: I've got tons of DDR2 RAM, more than I know what to do with. If anyone can put up their production more than me in the same timeframe, I'll GIVE them a 2GB set to put together another box- I'll even pay shipping, within the US OR CANADA.

So, does anyone here think they can keep up? Remember, your goal isn't just to break 4K- your average increase has to be higher than mine, so I'll work extra hard to make it 4.1K. :p If I fall short of my mark, your life is that much easier. :) (But I'll try very hard to make sure that doesn't happen.)

In the offchance more than one person does it, I'll try to dig up another set to spare, but I make no promises. I'm pretty comfortable saying I won't have to worry, though. :p

If you think you can take me on, take a screencap of your current [H] stats page and post it up in this thread for records-keeping. I'll post mine up soon, as soon as I can decide on a hosting service.

And regarding the title: If you can borg a lab, that's terrific! I just meant that I don't have access to any, so this is all me coming up.

Another edit:
If you are new, just let us know what name you are Folding under. You don't even need a badge, although you automatically get one after your first completed work unit.

Starting PPD

You mean something like this:
ramp.bmp

before I throw a C2Q on the fire?

That'll be a tough challenge for me because this week I'm going to be borging more labs and of course that'll up my PPD... I guess I'm all in after all of the LABS are done with.

Until then, good luck sir.

Count me in. There hasn't been a decent competition around here in ages.

Are we free to start ramping now, or do we have to wait until the start date?

trend.png

I want in on this challenge.

I would post my picture if I knew how !! :(

I've got most of the [H]ardware to add about another 4k PpD to my score.
Just need a couple of PSU's.
But just cannot afford to run it.
I'm pulling ~2 kW/h as it is.
I dont think the cottage's ring main will like 3 kW/h.

So I'm going to bow out of this one.

Luck ................ :D

ok then, im a way behind you in points but PPD is about the same.lets see what i can bring.

production_dayphp.png

you can see where i changed to SMP.

Tigerbiten: Come on, at least give us a better excuse than that! I'm 22 and paying for my own electricity, and I'm still pushing to ramp up! Be a man and take the hit! :p

Pocatello:

DeFex:

Has anyone pinged KingN yet to see if he can set up a gauntlet page for this?

Not yet, but just asked Kyle and Steve for some front page pimpage in the News. I doubt we'll get it, but we can certainly try...

We got pimpage!

mnscout: ppd 595
Sweet! :D
Where'd you get 595? I just checked [H] Folding, and you've got 481 there... :confused: I'll wait for another update before I officialize your starting numbers, might be a discrepancy between two servers.

Edit:
Yay, my first sticky! :cool:

Ninja edit, answering next post:
You got it, I'll give you the lower score. You'll need all the help you can get, and those extra 100-odd PPD just might come into play later. :p

I got it from extremeoverclocking.com. You can use the hardfolding ppd.

I'll probably get utterly destroyed in this competition - but its for a good cause so I'll go ahead and join up :)

Just registered at hardfolding and I have no idea what my starting PPD is - I haven't done any folding since 4/07... :/ (f@h name is the same it is here, though).

EDIT: Yup, 0 PPD for me :)
starting.jpg

I'm in... Could somebody cap my PPD? I've forgotten how to do that... -_- Many thanks.

doh! i had a core2duo and a core2quad both got that work units which finished early and did not credit me. they seem to be ok now but i lost a whole days worth of points. it will hit my average :( shame it didnt happen just before the challenge!
ill just have to bring the other one up sooner!

looks like one made it just in time!

you're on.

My entire farm is currently offline (heat issues). I'll fix it up and bring it online. Team 6, right?

User Lopoetve.

OK I'll bite. I haven't folded in a while.

Last Work Unit: 2006-12-06 09:14:45
PPD: 0

Well see how crazy this gets. I dont have a farm of 200 to start up.:D So the highest increase in PPD as of the ending time wins? What kind of RAM is this? DDR? DDR2?

Back