Official smack talk thread

Xilikon

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2008
Since it seems ppl is regaining the desire to make and take challenges, i'll start this thread for all the smack talk everyone would make :)

Please keep it civilized since we want to avoid the smack talk from Kyle himself :eek:

So, how many "official" smack talk threads do we have these days? 5? 10?

I'm thinking a weekly/monthly smack talk thread would make more sense. :) Monthly would be nice, i.e. "Post your October Smack Talk Here!" Could keep things rolling along.....

So, how many "official" smack talk threads do we have these days? 5? 10?

I'm thinking a weekly/monthly smack talk thread would make more sense. :) Monthly would be nice, i.e. "Post your October Smack Talk Here!" Could keep things rolling along.....

There are more smack talk in the last 2 weeks than between april and september :eek:

Let's start with this one and if it degenerate in big threads, I'll divide.

relic, I hope you have enough Mojo to drown your pain after I run over ya in 2-3 weeks.

Someone will bring some fire soon so bring marshmallows for all of us :D

Yeah, but I also think I'm gonna be the target for a lot of it. It'll be hard to dodge if I'm carrying marshmallows...

Then again, I guess I only need to worry about dodging if I'm worried about losing. :p

I think this should be named the defeat Mavalpha smack talk thread.

Oh yeah. I think it'll be hilarious, if I fire up that dual p3 board you didn't buy from me earlier this year and use it to defeat you.... :)

Though... I'll be lucky if it completes 1 WU before the end of this run....

%$*@ power surges, @$*# ! bad 2610 work units, and %$*& 2652 units that are only 1148 points. All hit me yesterday.

That is all!

Hmm, I guess this isn't smack but I needed to get that out. Can we have a &%*$ thread for typical problems?

%$*@ power surges, @$*# ! bad 2610 work units, and %$*& 2652 units that are only 1148 points. All hit me yesterday.

That is all!

Hmm, I guess this isn't smack but I needed to get that out. Can we have a &%*$ thread for typical problems?

Why have one since technically, you can do some smack talk toward Stanford :p

Why have one since technically, you can do some smack talk toward Stanford :p

Been there, done that, even have the T-shirt somewhere.

Do not bring up a bad points structure, Stanford will usually lower the points if you do.

Do not bring up Stanford’s entitlement mentality about our “spare” cycles and power usage.

Do not bring up that VJ now has his own blog site where he states he will not respond to comments.

Do not bring up the fact that the beta code we are dealing with should have been dealt with long ago.

Do not bring up the fact we have no Windows 64 bit SMP clients.

Do you see a pattern here?

Smack talk about Stanford is almost as heinous a crime as busting Hilleary on the Stanford Campus. They have the power to lower points;)

Today's the day Pocatello and MixManSC. Do you have any last words before you are pancaked? :cool:

Today's the day Pocatello and MixManSC. Do you have any last words before you are pancaked? :cool:

don't forget to take pics of the pancakes for all of us to cry (or laugh)...

Alrighty guys... Looks like I'm ready to claim mavalpha's RAM with the boxen that I just borged. I wouldn't be surprised if I trump his total PPD score in the next week.

It does take a while to explain how to install the SMP client to people that don't have passwords on their boxen. Oh well. At least they're Q6600's.

I'm glad that mavalpha's ram will go to good use - a friend of mine had all his rigs and laptops (plus others he was reparing at the time) burgled from his apartment, so now he doesn't have a respectable folding computer (nor gaming computer). He's had to outlay cash to buy people replacement laptops for the stolen ones, so your ram will go a long way in helping him get his own rig running again, which should be a Q that will be folding.

Ninja edit: Going bakc and reading this, its rather lame smack talk. But I thought you guys would need the facts.

Oh, I'm just getting warmed up. I started simple, overclocked my HTPC today. 2.1GHz 4000+ has just turned into a 2.8GHz (@ stock voltage :D) Folding machine. :) Never play your trump card too soon, don'cha know!

I was very vague about what I'm throwing on the fire, but lets just say based upon my points projections, I should not only beat your ramp, but also top your total ppd with a few k to spare.

vtec13.jpg

Yah keep them as they are at 0% .... Oh I'm scared...

I was very vague about what I'm throwing on the fire, but lets just say based upon my points projections, I should not only beat your ramp, but also top your total ppd with a few k to spare.

Quad-socket quads? :eek:

Yah keep them as they are at 0% .... Oh I'm scared...

As mentioned below, the picture is for smack talking reference only. For an additional helping of smack, I should be able to land in the top 10 of the [H], and surpassing your current ppd mark if everything produces as I have projected.

Quad-socket quads? :eek:

This is merely a representitive picture stolen from the Vtec thread that is wandering around out there. Given its age, its likely a quad socket dual Xeon w/ HT rather than a quad quad.

Hey everyone, all of you can do better than this, weaklings :rolleyes:

Hey everyone, all of you can do better than this, weaklings :rolleyes:

Hey, I threw down the gauntlet. All I have to do now is sit back, relax, and start kicking all of your asses! Anything I do beyond that is just out of charity to you guys. :p

I declare myself the winner because you two guys did not pass me yesterday. As of right now, I am still ahead! ha ha ha! nanner nanner nanner! ;)

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_overtake.php?s=&u=142237

107 Cedrick_Battlewind 2,630 1,760 11,301 904,914 1 -3,473 1,637 10.13.07, 1pm / 2 Days

108 Pocatello 4,267 1,760 20,306 901,441 0 0 0 --

109 MixManSC 4,989 2,908 23,509 900,929 -1 512 -722 10.12.07, 4am / 24 Hours
110 aldamon 9,539 211 40,532 899,488 -2 1,953 -5,272 10.11.07, 7pm / 0 Hours

p.s. Ice 9 (aka cedric battled the wind) I'm coming for ya!

You escaped yesterday Pocatello, but you will not be so lucky today. Resistance is futile.

I am so embarrassed. After talking smack the proxy server at work died yesterday. SMP is too stupid to keep trying to connnect indefinitely!

And then after uploading I get another blasted 2652 on it. Arghhhhhhhh. 1148 points is only 148 more than running two standard clients. WTF Stanford????

aldamon = smacked.

Aldamon ---

you passed me by. I don't think an overtake is possible.

MixManXTC is having a harder time. His overtake time is currently at 1 month or so. Probably not correct... but that is what EOC says.

And then after uploading I get another blasted 2652 on it. Arghhhhhhhh. 1148 points is only 148 more than running two standard clients. WTF Stanford????

aldamon = smacked.

But in what time frame.
Even the 2652's give me around a x4 Points per Day bonus compared to 2 standard client.
That is as long as they dont b7 error out on me.

And as for all this smack talk.
NOBODY is in my rearveiw mirror and I've only got 9 computers in my home farm ..... :p
Somebody below me can at least have a higher PpD.

O'well onwards and upwards.
Will gain top 10 sometime next week ............ :)

Luck ........... :D

But in what time frame.
Even the 2652's give me around a x4 Points per Day bonus compared to 2 standard client.
That is as long as they dont b7 error out on me.

And as for all this smack talk.
NOBODY is in my rearveiw mirror and I've only got 9 computers in my home farm ..... :p
Somebody below me can at least have a higher PpD.

O'well onwards and upwards.
Will gain top 10 sometime next week ............ :)

Sorry, don't have room for 9 boxen. :( Small room, it's already packed between six computers, three surround sound systems and three compressors.

That said, I'm still poised to hit 6K. :p Just trying to get one of my "mini" clients working, for some reason it kept erroring out of an XP install onto a Microdrive last night. :(

It would be so much easier if there were an SMP network boot, like unhappy_mage's WRT_FAH server...

Ugh. One of my SMP WU's got B7'ed after it finished. So that was a waste of 2 days of folding for no points. It just deleted there results as ifit was no big deal.

In other news, one of the Q's i've borged is having some stability issues with everything @ stock... which is concerning me... at least the other is pacing to do 2000+ PPD....

This is gonna be fun... Just picked up an SLI board to accomodate my 2x X1900 siblings. :p

This is gonna be fun... Just picked up an SLI board to accomodate my 2x X1900 siblings. :p

Does this mean you're tracking for more than a 4k increase?

My current tally says I'll hit a10k/day increase if everything fires on as planned.....

Does this mean you're tracking for more than a 4k increase?

My current tally says I'll hit a10k/day increase if everything fires on as planned.....
I'm sorry, I'm not at liberty to discuss that information... It's G-14 classified. :p

Seriously though, it's short-term. For now, it'll be running a multi-GPU client (2x X1900) off a Celeron 3.2GHz. It'll probably find a permanent home as a quad-core with 8600GT SLI and a single X1900, for multi-monitor gaming in a month or two.

WEAK

The smack talk in this thread is weak. Just so ya know. That is all.

If a p2652 b7's then run qfix to see if anything is salvageable.

As for 2x standard vs 1x SMP then ..........
How long does it take you to run a 500 pointer.
I'm dropping around 9-10 SMP WU per Day off 10 clients.
Hence ~17,000 PpD.
With standard client I be limited to 2.4 PpHpG max since they cut the bonus to 50%.
So 2.4 PpHpG x ~70 Ghz x 24 hours = ~4,000 PpD max.
SMP clients are a no brainer.

Back