HD 2600XT + Valve Black Box (TF2 + EP2 + Portal) $98AR + shipping @ newegg.com

pxc

Extremely [H]
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&Description=2600xt&bop=And&Order=PRICE

There are several cards that have the offer:
GIGABYTE GV-RX26T256H Radeon HD 2600XT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail $104 + shipping

POWERCOLOR 26XT 256M/D3 HDMI Radeon HD 2600XT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail $98AR + shipping

HIS Hightech H260XTF256DDN-R Radeon HD 2600XT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail $100AR + shipping

MSI RX2600XT Diamond Radeon HD 2600XT 256MB 128-bit GDDR4 PCI Express x16 OC Edition HDMI HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail $115AR + shipping

etc.

Pretty decent deals, IMO. The MSI GDDR4 one is the fastest at 850/2300 vs 800/1400 for the regular 2600XT GDDR3 models (or vs 800/2200 for the regular 2600XT GDDR4 models).

How is a stock speed GeCube HD 2600XT GDDR4 (800/2200) faster than the overclocked MSI HD2600XT GDDR4 (850/2300) I linked above? :p

HWZ poking fun at GeCube: http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view.php?cid=3&id=2322
Yes, we all noticed the OC Edition on the package but guess what, this card comes at the standard clocks, a fact that we triple checked with GeCube.

MSI's price is too much
Then post a cheaper GDDR4 HD 2600XT that comes with Valve Black Box. :p I couldn't find one. This is as cheap as it gets right now. Not only do the GDDR4 models come with faster memory (2200MHz stock vs 1400MHz stock for the GDDR3 models), it also comes factory overclocked with a better cooler.

i thought the black box got axed by gabe newell?
It was dropped from retail. There's probably little reason for not including the Black Box package on Steam other than to bleed a few more bucks from current HL2/EP users who want to play the new games *right now*.

Yep, I knew that LOL. MSI looks better anyways.

LOL... No.

I don't think you buy a graphics card for looks. It'll look real bad when your good looking graphics card gets beat by a not so good looking graphics card that is the same model with a higher clock which also happens to perform better.

LOL... No.

I don't think you buy a graphics card for looks. It'll look real bad when your good looking graphics card gets beat by a not so good looking graphics card that is the same model with a higher clock which also happens to perform better.

Are you on crack? I wasn't implying that you buy graphics cards strictly for looks, any sane person knows that.
MSI is faster by a small margin compared to Gecube, but even if it wasn't I'd still choose MSI because it looks nicer.

Are you on crack? I wasn't implying that you buy graphics cards strictly for looks, any sane person knows that.
MSI is faster by a small margin compared to Gecube, but even if it wasn't I'd still choose MSI because it looks nicer.

Again what is this looks nicer?

Slapping this card in Crossfire mod will yield better performance then 2900Pro ?

maybe they meant "Orange County Edition" and shortened it to "O.C. Edition"

Grab a dictionary MORAN!
Nicer: Having a pleasant or attractive appearance.

Maybe Moran knows why looks is so important in terms of getting performance hardware. I think Moran is looking into getting a 8800 for the performance instead of the ATi. Moran also enjoys the 'nicer' in-game graphics of the ugly looking 8800 because it can actually handle it on max AF and AA. Moran, my friend, is no moron.

moran.jpg

roflmao!! okay big deal,, I spelled Moron wrong..

lloose here's one more quote for you courtesy ebolamonkey:
"I don't think you buy a graphics card for looks. It'll look real bad when your good looking graphics card gets beat by a not so good looking graphics card that is the same model with a higher clock which also happens to perform better."

Also anyone understood his last post?

Any benchies showing a worthy difference between 256 and 512MB of RAM on these cards? There is a HIS 512MB card w/black box for $114.99 AR and was wondering if that would be worth the extra $$$ over the 256MB versions. (>=1280 res)

Back