8800GT VS 8800Ultra scores out!

cookerjc

n00b
g92.jpg

Today we've got more result of 8800GT. In this time we are using 8800 Ultra to compare with. The test bed is similar to yesterday's, but we've change the CPU to Quad Core Q6600. We think changing the CPU can avoid the battleneck problem the test bed may have.

CPU: Q6600 OC 400MHz X 9
Mobo: NV 650i Ultra
MEM: DDR2-800 5-5-5-15
GPU: GeForce 8800GT (512MB 256bit)
DRV: 167.26

3DMark06 1280X1024 4xAA and 8x AF:
8800gt_06.jpg

8800ultra_06.jpg

06_compare.png

We can see the G92 only lose about 17% comparing to the 8800ultra. The result suggests that G92 series are more better then G80. If you got a 88GTS 320bit or 88GTX and want a better card, you'd better sold it and wait for G92.:D

according to a manufactor, we knew that 512MB 8800GT will cost you about 1,999RMB(266.2 USD). Pls keep tuned to our original post.:)
original post: [FF warning:( ]http://news.expreview.com/2007-10-12/1192187831d3927.html
=================================================================================================

=================================================================================================
05.jpg

06.jpg

CPU: E6600 OC 400MHz X 9
mobo: NV 650i Ultra
memory: DDR2-800 5-5-5-15
graphic card: GeForce 8800GT (512MB 256bit)
driver: 167.26

[FF warning :(]http://news.expreview.com/2007-10-11/1192099246d3907.html

The result suggests that G92 series are more better then G80

i am no english teacher but i know that's not right :)

well i have been thinking of selling my GTS320 and getting a GTX. i might just wait now and see how these cards really perform.

Mac[X-D];1031532789 said:
i am no english teacher but i know that's not right :)

well i have been thinking of selling my GTS320 and getting a GTX. i might just wait now and see how these cards really perform.

What he meant to say is that the 8800GT is gooder then the Ultra which is the bestest card Nvidia has.

Coooool.... ..............wait---what??
8800 GT? when did this happen?
how come it only uses DDR2 memory? I thought DDR3 and DDR4 were becoming the norms?

what's the length of this sucker?
anyone got more info?

Must be a mistake because cards are already using GDDR3, even my 7900GT has GDRR3.

Coooool.... ..............wait---what??
8800 GT? when did this happen?
how come it only uses DDR2 memory? I thought DDR3 and DDR4 were becoming the norms?

what's the length of this sucker?
anyone got more info?

where does it say ddr 2 :O?

Why the hell do we have two of these posts linking to the same 'info' but in different sections of the forum.

Looking at these benches, it would tell me that this card is a 64sp card and not the 112-128 sp people kept giving wrong info about. That being said, if it is 64sp card, than it is a more 'efficient' design than the G80.

When is the rumored release date for these cards? These just peeked my interest.

Anyone else sick of these threads which hold most likely pure BS and feature the same exact picture of the cards yet different #s?

Anyone else sick of these threads which hold most likely pure BS and feature the same exact picture of the cards yet different #s?

Short answer: Yes. Long answer? Still yes.

Hey, with a hex editor, NiBiTor, an 8800 GTS, an 8800 GTX, and a few hours time I can make special pre-release 'benchmarks' too! I better get on that...

Short answer: Yes. Long answer? Still yes.

Hey, with a hex editor, NiBiTor, an 8800 GTS, an 8800 GTX, and a few hours time I can make special pre-release 'benchmarks' too! I better get on that...

Hex? Plz, Photoshop FTW!

And OMG guys look what I found

9800GT (U2 edition, like the iPod!)

9800gtu2ky2.jpg

Hex? Plz, Photoshop FTW!

And OMG guys look what I found

9800GT (U2 edition, like the iPod!)

9800gtu2ky2.jpg

I am definitely waiting for this one!

:rolleyes:

Why the hell do we have two of these posts linking to the same 'info' but in different sections of the forum.

Looking at these benches, it would tell me that this card is a 64sp card and not the 112-128 sp people kept giving wrong info about. That being said, if it is 64sp card, than it is a more 'efficient' design than the G80.

There are supposed to be two cards comming out. The 8800GT (64 SPs, 256bit memory) and the 8800GTS 640MB (replacing the current one, keeping the same name - 112SPs good old 320bit memory).

People should stop posting BS and find a hobby to occupy them. I've seen one 8800GT "benchie" that shows the card on the heels of the GTX :rolleyes:. In reality I think this card will fill its intended purpose of the mainstream segment and perform as such. All the other BS needs to stop :eek:.

Put the TRES in there and you got yourself a joke.

unos dos tres catorce

hello hello

by looking at that picture why does it look like hte fan would be blowing back toward the dvi ports but in that card design it would work. Would it be blowing back in to the case? doesnt look like it gets much airflow through those slots

by looking at that picture why does it look like hte fan would be blowing back toward the dvi ports but in that card design it would work. Would it be blowing back in to the case? doesnt look like it gets much airflow through those slots

Yes, it's single slot, so it'll be exhausing back in to the case. Pretty much all single slot cards do.

i know they all do that but it looks like there is barely any kind of intake in the front of the card those little slots dont think they would provide a lot of air. Maybe the card wont use so much power and will run a lot cooler

i would like to see them release full 8800 but main problem would be HEAT that only water cooled would make it usable

i would like to see them release full 8800 but main problem would be HEAT that only water cooled would make it usable

A GTX level 8800 could be released with a single slot cooler and run fairly cool at load,if it was on say 65nm.

There are supposed to be two cards comming out. The 8800GT (64 SPs, 256bit memory) and the 8800GTS 640MB (replacing the current one, keeping the same name - 112SPs good old 320bit memory).

That would be the most logical of the speculation which has surfaced so far, but we still don't know anything for truth. Truth comes from nvidia on launch day, not from vr-zone, or inq, or faud anytime before said date.

Its a giant ad for that website, thats it. Its BS to the extreme attempting to be passed of as real.

Nvidia rarely assign their model numbers at random, it's a good bet that this'll be in roughly the same position as the 7800GT did compared to the 7900 series cards.

What's interesting from my point of view is that it's rumoured to be a single slot design (again would fit previous model numbers), and therefore looks to be a good bet to upgrade my g.f's SLI rig.

Back