(G92)8800GT First review!

cookerjc

n00b
platform.jpg

First of all, let's see the HD playback test.

hd_useage.png

Now the 3dmark06 test.

platform.png

3dmark_01.png

3dmark_02.png

3dmark_03.png

for more test(heatsink, power consumption,futuremark,different game demo loops,OC of 8800GT) pls visit our orginal post:

http://topic.expreview.com/2007-10-23/1193114539d6255.html

(sorry FF users, the site only supports ie. the pending upgrade of our site will begin this week)

Seriously isnt there a rule against this sort of thing? This dude obviously works for EXPreview and posts all their shit here.

WTF is up with that site anyway how is it you guys supposedly have just about every upcoming piece of hardware at your disposal to review and are under no NDA at all?

I call bullshit on this.

Thanks!
We @ [H] prefer real-world gameplay results, but these are at least some indicators of how the card may perform. If these are true, then most rumors and pretty much confirmed, this card surpasses everything, except the GTX/Ultra, while not breaking the bank. Definitely a "best bang for your buck" contender.

hmmm, it must have more than 16 TMU. because if it only had 16 then there would not be such a large performance difference between it and the GTS cards, thats what I think anyways. regardless, it performs great.

wow nice review

maybe for the first time ever for gamers SLi makes sense with these cards.

240 wow cheaper then the gts yet better whats up with that

Are you complaining ? :p
@ 65 nm, they are cheaper to produce, so NVIDIA can keep a good profit margin, while not charging much for them. This card uses a 256 bit memory bus (instead of the 320 bit used in both GTS cards), which is also part of the reason, why it's cheaper.

if an 8800 gtx is jus slightly better then an 8800gt i would have juss wated for this. since the 8800gts is still over 500 at times.

OMG EVERYONE HIDE THERE WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ANY PROGRESS AFTER THE G80 CARDS OMG WERE ALL GONNA DIE.:D

face it, soon the GTX will be a $99 card you buy for "Moms" PC.:D

wow

By single-slot design restrictions, GeForce8800GT standby (idle) temperature is 62 ° C, loading load (Load) reached a maximum after 86 ℃, the players are not satisfied with the original radiator, I believe we should consider their own hands by.

I wonder what the temps would be like if they used a dualslot cooler though atleast its coming out intime for winter

I cannot get any images to load at all, i just get a blank white page in FF.:confused:

aww i just bought a 8800gts for $440

lol i might sell it for $300 and get this gt :p

but it won't really make a diff for wat i run lol

but looks sexy ;p

I have to say I am very impressed, almost as fast as my beast 8800GTX, but not a fan blower on her, and half the freaking price, while using much less power = better for the enviroment, and a nice quiet system

Thanks!
We @ [H] prefer real-world gameplay results, but these are at least some indicators of how the card may perform. If these are true, then most rumors and pretty much confirmed, this card surpasses everything, except the GTX/Ultra, while not breaking the bank. Definitely a "best bang for your buck" contender.

we have run about 5 games...but now the server is not that stable...NVfanboys are tooooo much:(
i will post it out later for your convinence

Those results are awesome at the price they are planning on selling these.

I will be definitely picking one of these up unless AMD comes out with something more convincing.

That's crazy sexy cool. I wonder if it will run well on the 4x pci express on my asrock mobo...

around $240 you can pre order at a bunch of sites already.

Which sites are you talking about? And when do you think the evga 8800gt will be out? I would like to use the step up in about a year or so. Also do you know if there will be a superclocked version available?

Thanks

nice card, price not to bad, wonder what the other camp has up their sleeve?peace

Someone email that guy, tell him to take the heatsink off, I got 5 dollars that it says "G96" and not G92, I say this because the inquirer is backing off of their position on that the chip is called G92.

But then again, the could just be making shit up again.

If you would have looked at the article you would see that they HAVE taken the heatsink off, they even put a 3rd party one on there for kicks. There are also EP2 benchmarks.

aww i just bought a 8800gts for $440

lol i might sell it for $300 and get this gt :p

but it won't really make a diff for wat i run lol

but looks sexy ;p

better hurry up on that, in a couple weeks youll be lucky to get $250 for a 640mb GTS.

If you would have looked at the article you would see that they HAVE taken the heatsink off, they even put a 3rd party one on there for kicks. There are also EP2 benchmarks.

Websites that don't support firefox aren't worth my time.

Cooker: Great Scoop! Thanks for the info.

Hey disbelievers who claimed they were fake pics etc. If you have a brain you can pick out the truth from the rumors. The VR-Zone info was essentially correct.

The card is identical to the first leaked "fake" pics.
The GPU is a G92, they have pics of the Die and GPU-Z output.
It is 112 shaders.
It is faster than GTS.
It is $250.

BTW Firefox works on that page. I am on Linux right now using FF, Scroll to the Right!

Cooker: Great Scoop! Thanks for the info.

Hey disbelievers who claimed they were fake pics etc. If you have a brain you can pick out the truth from the rumors. The VR-Zone info was essentially correct.

The card is identical to the first leaked "fake" pics.
The GPU is a G92, they have pics of the Die and GPU-Z output.
It is 112 shaders.
It is faster than GTS.
It is $250.

How many times did they go between 64, 96, 112, and 128?, they didn't stick to their story, which means their guess was as good as ours at the time, and I don't feel like indulging someone (vr-zone) with my page hit and ad impression if there just guessing, because I can do that to.

This page is taking forever to load, Makes me wonder when they say asia is ahead of us in broadband.

vr-zone, fudzilla, theinq all pretty much had it right with the "rumors". You will only hear bad things about these sites when once in a while they get something wrong.

This card is gonna kick butt, and makes me laugh at all the fools who bought $500 cards not long ago cry about the 8800GT being better than their card. :p

That +130Mhz overclock on the core.....wow, this thing is serious.

Summary for anyone not willing to wade through all the pages, it is a pretty sound trashing of the GTS by the GT.

Though in a couple of games the GTS 640 pulls ahead at high resolution (1920x1200). In PT boats the GT crumbles at high res or 4xAA, where it gets about about half the GTS 640 frame rate.

More performance, less power/heat, much more affordable price. (win,win,win).

yeah thats just on the stock cooler. but it was expected, seeing how well the 8600 GT/S cards overclock.

Back