Gateway XHD3000 - 20 Sec clip of defect.

enyceexdanny

2[H]4U
You can view the video here.

On the video, the pulsing is from my fingers applying pressure on the surrounding area of the defect.
A simple vibration at the right frequency from a subwoofer also replicates this effect.

This is visible on both of the xhd3000s I have. I am shipping one of them off to Gateway's Anvanced Tech Services center for their engineers to take a look at this issue. Hopefully I'll hear back from them pretty soon with the results. Will let you guys know as I hear from them.

Site wanted me to install Korean characters, after clicking cancel I could view the video.

That defect is a bit worrysome..

Site wanted me to install Korean characters, after clicking cancel I could view the video.

Really? That's odd.. There aren't any embedded text in the swf file... hmm

That defect is a bit worrysome..

Well, on my replacement it's much harder to notice.
Even with the speaker on pretty loud it doesn't really show compared to the first one I received.

This was taken from my original one. And was just shipped to Gateway's Advanced Tech service center. I also gave them the link to the video and included a description of all the issues along with the monitor. So all of this should be resolved soon.

Really? That's odd.. There aren't any embedded text in the swf file... hmm
Well Mr. Coder you forget to check the meta tag;)

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=euc-kr" />

I also gave them the link to the video and included a description of all the issues along with the monitor. So all of this should be resolved soon.
Sweet!

Thanks for going the extra mile!

So, this begs the question, do you speak Korean? You must have that char set installed.

wow that looks horrible,, and I was planning on getting this monitor,, not anymore,, or until this it's fixed and publicly announced as a recall.

wow that looks horrible,, and I was planning on getting this monitor,, not anymore,, or until this it's fixed and publicly announced as a recall.
Same here, but I'm waiting for more buyers to report if this defect affects all units. There simply has not been enough people who have purchased this model yet to say without doubt it's a universal defect. If it doesn't affect every unit, it might still be worth the risk of purchase, providing one has a good return policy as a safety net just in case.

I have one and it is completely defect free.
I have pressed on it and played a lot of bass frequencys and it doesn't show itself.

I have one and it is completely defect free.
I have pressed on it and played a lot of bass frequencys and it doesn't show itself.
Thanks for the confirmation. So, it is as I suspected and not every unit is affected.

Well I fixed one with the defect.
I suspect that the mounting screw or pressure from the mount is pushing on the metal on the inside which in turn is pushing on a screw in the monitor. Should be an easy fix for Gateway and I bet they will have it fixed soon.

Well I fixed one with the defect.
I suspect that the mounting screw or pressure from the mount is pushing on the metal on the inside which in turn is pushing on a screw in the monitor. Should be an easy fix for Gateway and I bet they will have it fixed soon.

can you post some pictures or a short video for proof? of yours being defect free?

Back