FIRST retail box picture of a G92/8800GT, *everything* true!

GoldenTiger

Fully [H]
Since people say images speak louder than words... (official specs below) (some manufacturers will be releasing 670mhz core/1950mhz ram stock-clock versions as well, that one being an XFX)

It just came in minutes ago... here's the XFX I'm referring to: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150254

dsc01498sy2.jpg

GIGABYTE GV-NX88T512H-B GeForce 8800GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
Model
Brand GIGABYTE
Model GV-NX88T512H-B
Interface
Interface PCI Express 2.0
Chipset
Chipset Manufacturer NVIDIA
GPU GeForce 8800GT
Core clock 600MHz
Stream Processors 112
Memory
Memory Clock 1800MHz
Memory Size 512MB
Memory Interface 256-bit
Memory Type GDDR3
3D API
DirectX DirectX 10
OpenGL OpenGL 2.0
Ports
DVI 2
TV-Out HDTV / S-Video / Composite Out
VIVO No
General
Tuner None
RAMDAC 400 MHz
Max Resolution 2560 x 1600
RoHS Compliant Yes
SLI Supported Yes
Cooler With Fan
Dual-Link DVI Supported Yes
HDCP Ready Yes
Features
Features Supports Pure Video HD & H.264 decoding & VC-1 Technology
Free Hot Games: NeverWinter Nights 2

Way to highlight an old game :p

Cool though, a single slot cooler will be a welcome addition, as long as it doesn't run 90C ;)

Just bench it already! :p

EDIT: Yea, where did you find this, and how much?

Way to highlight an old game :p

Cool though, a single slot cooler will be a welcome addition, as long as it doesn't run 90C ;)

Yeah, I agree on the game thing... Asus is indeed bundling Company of Heroes though, Opposing Fronts, which is a new DX10 game :D.

EDIT: New picture upload since bandwidth ran out on the OP one:

dsc01498sy2lt5.jpg

ok, one thing comes to mind, assuming this is true

they had 320bit and 384bit before

now we will see 128bit of course, 256bit 8800GT, and then a 512bit monster high end card

oh geeze lucky...i cant wait to get one! i dont care if people do say its a first batch haha

i don't trust the picture, em...mind explain some more?
errr...better wait and see.

i was expecting this picture to be of a PNY brand since froogle shows a bunch of pny

well from the blurry background, i believe the products have asian writing on them.
also, judging soley from the picture, it's a store? unless someone's room just happens to have ALL that stuff lying around.

well from the blurry background, i believe the products have asian writing on them.
also, judging soley from the picture, it's a store? unless someone's room just happens to have ALL that stuff lying around.

It is a store, yes.

I thought the same thing. Looks like the back repair area of a store.

I see the newegg info only shows it as DirectX 10 not 10.1

someone get official benches... i need to know where it sits on the performance scale!

LOL This is just a wee bit better than the card in me sig!

Time to upgrade!

nösferatu;1031576260 said:
i don't trust the picture, em...mind explain some more?
errr...better wait and see.

The primary wholesale importer of Gigabyte into my country started listing the 8800GT 512MB, but not available until 29/10. I 100% believe this photo and it looks unedited and amature.

64 bit 128Mb/256Mb mem 8300GS $100
128 bit 256Mb/512Mb mem 8300GT (maybe called 8700GT?) $150
256 bit 512Mb mem 8800GT $250
512 bit 1Gb mem 8850GTX (the one that will make sure NV stays on top for some time to come) $350
all in PCI-E 2.0, they have been at it long enough with G80 to be able to deliver prices this good too, we all know it
is what i am thinking, maybe not all of them, but the 512bit monster i bet on

I just need to know how it compares against 8800gts 640 at my resolution. Cause the gtx/ultra is beyond my wallet, and it wont fit in my case anyway. Although at 9" i think it should fit my case, tightly...

I just need to know how it compares against 8800gts 640 at my resolution. Cause the gtx/ultra is beyond my wallet, and it wont fit in my case anyway. Although at 9" i think it should fit my case, tightly...

A good bit better... waiting for more results, testing is underway.

Arent launches so exciting? :D
Ya know... if this card does turn out to be a little under the GTX and it's only $250... I might just forget about all things I said about SLI being silly.
lol!

PCI-E 2.0 is not a REQUIREMENT right? I plan to buy a P35 motherboard and two of these cards to use in an SLI configuration.

I thought the same thing. Looks like the back repair area of a store.

yes, i noticed that too.
it's only a minor thing though, not to over-concern, can't wait till 29/10, the close-to-gtx-performance thing really a breath-holder
...or not.

PCI-E 2.0 is not a REQUIREMENT right? I plan to buy a P35 motherboard and two of these cards in SLI.

Seeings that the one review we have so far, on that Chinese site, was running a P35 board, I think your ok.
;)

I dont think it was ever advertised as 10.1.
I don't think it's a big deal.

PCI-E 2.0 is not a REQUIREMENT right? I plan to buy a P35 motherboard and two of these cards to use in an SLI configuration.

Not a requirement, but P35 boards are crossfire, not SLI. There is a power connector on this board.

Back