FIRST 8800 GT pictured at newegg.com

thats about some person, not newegg.com, moron.

Theres has already been a bunch of links to the newegg pages.

We don't really need a new thread for every little new detail about the 8800GT. But then again, it's pre-launch fiasco and everyone wants their piece of the pie.

Enjoy yours. ;)

He who brings personal insult into the matter only lowers himself. Congrats.

Are the 1G cards comming out monday as well or some time in the future?

1 GB of what card ? 8800 GT ? There is none. There are only two flavors of 8800 GT: The 256 MB model and the 512 MB model.

So, eVGA for the possible use of step-up or XFX for the resell on eBay because of the double lifetime warranty?

Here's what I want to know: Is there anything coming soon that will supplant the 8800 Ultra?

The best guess I've heard so far is that the GTS's will be phased out and replaced by a new GTS, which will be faster than the GT. After that, it would make sense to release a new high-end part.

Back to yelling insults if anyone even tries to mention something you may have overlooked, eh Lawgiver? And it's only been a day.

Anyways, new release cards are always fun, I can't wait to see how this one performs. Single-slot cooling is also a very big bonus. Hope it doesn't run so hot :p

ooo i might have to pick one of these up and step up to a newer higher part if it comes within the step up period :D

No prices on any of the links. However, the XFX one had pictures! All links dead now. Was fun this morning.

I guess Newegg realized they'd jumped the gun a bit and killed the listings. None of them showed prices or order buttons, before. Now they're all gone entirely.

I guess Newegg realized they'd jumped the gun a bit and killed the listings. None of them showed prices or order buttons, before. Now they're all gone entirely.

How do you jump the gun as a retailer? Either you have an item available for sale or pre-order or you do not.

Did they get things "ready" for live and accidentally hit the "upload to website" button?

Someone doesn't have their shit together at Newegg.

How do you jump the gun as a retailer? Either you have an item available for sale or pre-order or you do not.

Did they get things "ready" for live and accidentally hit the "upload to website" button?

Accidents happen. Why be so critical? Bitter?

maybe they're just testing their live website to make sure the listings look the way they're supposed to. Just some folks caught the page while they were up.

Newegg has done this for a lot of product launch in the past year or two.

Accidents happen. Why be so critical? Bitter?

Bitter? No. Why would I be?

Just saying I can't see how it could be accidental, putting up some info then taking it down.

Don't you design a full page THEN put it up?

Just saying I can't see how it could be accidental, putting up some info then taking it down.

Yes, but you also put it live and access it from a remote location to make sure there's no problems.

I saw the XFX 8800GT on Newegg this morning. The item was listed as deactivated with no price. :(

*Update* The page has been totally removed now. Lol.

Yes, but you also put it live and access it from a remote location to make sure there's no problems.

To be fair I am unsure exactly how the competitive retail market does it, but we are currently in the midst of having a firm create our work website. They are giving us mockups with no live website (just the UNDER CONSTRUCTION page).

In retail it may pay to put up half-working pages to be the first one to fill orders *shrug*. Sucks they had to yank em, I imagine alot of [H] folks have their CC's out and ready.

The pages were up, but they were not ready for orders or anything, they were deactivated items and did not show up in searchs afaik, just a few people found links to the pages and then posted them for others.

No worries man, it just kinda came off that way.

I've never had issues with newegg at all but I've read so many "F NEWEGG" posts since I started posting here that I tend to think alot of folks have become bitter towards the 'egg.

No worries man, it just kinda came off that way.

I've never had issues with newegg at all but I've read so many "F NEWEGG" posts since I started posting here that I tend to think alot of folks have become bitter towards the 'egg.

I lurv the 'Egg, personally. They've always had good prices, even better shipping, and decent support. I'll have a bitter attitude when they screw someone I know or myself over. The rants here about rebates and stuff aren't faults of Newegg, IMO. Though I do wonder if they take complaints seriously and pull vendors when they find out they're not honoring rebates. But for one person to claim the Egg sucks cuz they didn't get their rebate, well... yeah.

Back