Cooler Master RC690 Gallery

m3ta1head

CM 690 and CM 690 II owners, post your cleaned pictures here! This is my 690 after about 5 hours of thorough cable management.

cm690001ox2.jpg

cm690010fn6.jpg

cm690002zu0.jpg

cm690006uj9.jpg

cm690001qn2.jpg

cm690011vw4.jpg

cm690006rh8.jpg

cm690004fu5.jpg

cm690009tv6.jpg

cm690008oe9.jpg

Last edited:
MTA, mine arrived this afternoon. This should be a fun project. I spent some time looking the case over and planning carefully on how to wire this thing. The one question I had is I plan on replacing all the fan 4 pin molex connectors with 3 pin extension cable. I will be running 4 -140mm fans to the controller mounted in a 5.25" bay. Two on the top and two in the side panel. I am wondering if I could use a hot glue gun to tack the wires down in the channels of the side panel. The real question is a glue gun hot enough to melt the wires?

Your job gave me the inspiration to make this case as clean and tight as possible.

-Funk

MTA, mine arrived this afternoon. This should be a fun project. I spent some time looking the case over and planning carefully on how to wire this thing. The one question I had is I plan on replacing all the fan 4 pin molex connectors with 3 pin extension cable. I will be running 4 -140mm fans to the controller mounted in a 5.25" bay. Two on the top and two in the side panel. I am wondering if I could use a hot glue gun to tack the wires down in the channels of the side panel. The real question is a glue gun hot enough to melt the wires?

Your job gave me the inspiration to make this case as clean and tight as possible.

-Funk

I don't have any fans on the side panel currently, simply because I'd rather not have to deal with a tangle of wires when pulling the side panel off. Additionally, there really isn't a good way to hide wires from side panel fans, especially with windowed side panels.

I'm going to figure out how to mount a couple of 120mm fans in the drive bays-most of that space is empty, and could make for some solid air intake because of the meshed drive covers.

Nice!

How's the clearance with that Zalman 9500? Can you still fit the top side panel fan with it in the case?

Nice!

How's the clearance with that Zalman 9500? Can you still fit the top side panel fan with it in the case?

still have about 1/4" between the two plenty of room to for 2 fans up there.. i prolly need to buy another one when i find a 80x15 fan behind the mobo..

Here she is. I just replaced the stock front and rear fans with Yate Loon Super Silent 120mm fans, and installed YL SS 140mm in both top ports (exhaust), the bottom (intake), and the lower side panel (exhaust). They are seriously silent, except the front one is causing some noise but it is almost at my ear level (1-2 ft away).

NewComp001.jpg

NewComp006.jpg

NewComp007.jpg

NewComp008.jpg

Nitelife...it looks great :D Just goes to show that a little effort put in equates to some seriously tidy wires :D

Make this case all aluminum and offer a nice looking side window and I'd get it in a hearbeat.

NOTE** damn lian-li has spoiled me, and every steel case I see looks like crap!!**

Thanks, m3ta1head. Seeing your pictures when I began researching the CM690, convinced me to buy it over the Antec 900. I also mirrored your wiring scheme to keep it clean in there.

I'm not much of a lights and window case guy. Cooler Master did make a side panel with a window, shaped like a '7', but I think it looks like a$$. I don't mind the case being steel, I don't move it around, and its a bit of a work out when I do. I'd probably think differently if I owned an aluminum case.

I was contemplating the Cosmos for a minute, but my wallet brought me back to reality. I'd already spent more than enough putting the new rig together.

Woop, my AW9D-MAX died...that means I get to rewire the case for a shiny new IP35 Pro. Aside from the terrible, terrible placement of the firewire header, the layout of the board looks great and it should be a breeze switching over. I'll post pictures when it's all done. I might just not use the firewire header alltogether...I'll have to see once I drop the motherboard in the case.

I also got rid of the LED fan in front, removed the restrictive grille, and installed something with a little more oomph ;) Finally, I mounted a bottom intake and another intake in the drive bay (you'll see, its awesome.)

12448_567300623238_39708940_33282830_705447_n.jpg

12448_567300628228_39708940_33282831_6742802_n.jpg

12448_567300633218_39708940_33282832_2700968_n.jpg

Thats one fan sandwiched in between 3 gutted fans to make cpu cooling duct.

Last edited:
Nice, Psycho. I was thinking of doing a test of optimum fan placement. I think one of the review sites did a comparison using the three included fans in different mounting spots.

I figure I really need the 140mm intake from bottom (as the front 120 isn't getting much air past the HD bay, and the 140mm exhaust lower side to help my 8800gtx stay cooler. I'm contemplating getting one of those PCI slot fans too, as the VGA card stays around 57-59 C.

I bought 6 AC12025 PWM fans for 70$ and found I only needed 3. Then I decided to sacrifice a little quietness for some light and replaced one PWM fan with the stock led fan. I wish I knew that less would be more in the case of the RC690. With 3 slow turning pwm fans and no filters, the case will suck a piece of paper against the side and/or the front of the case.

Where do the 140mm's fit in this case
from the pics ive seen seems they could go any where with all the holes around the spots where the fans mount

I have one on the way from fry's

waiting on 6 green led antec 120's

i have a CM geminii sitting here i need fans for

thinking about picking up 2 of these for the case and using 2 of the antecs on the cooler

http://nexfan03.stores.yahoo.net/yate-loon-all-black-d14sm-12-140mm-real-silent-case-fan.html

pretty cheap

Thanks for letting me know where the 140's will fit

Just found out nexfan has some craptastic feedback on almost every search i came up with

Just bought 2 from yesbuy Ill give them a try

thanks again

I have had one for a while now, pretty good, just re did the cabling and waiting for the rma board a new dvd burner and hopefully some new fans! The stock ones make me wanna puke. Where can i get some white fans? Or just go with yates 5 regular fast speed and a blue led one fast speed? Or maybe get a white led fan? or green? Or red?

I have had one for a while now, pretty good, just re did the cabling and waiting for the rma board a new dvd burner and hopefully some new fans! The stock ones make me wanna puke. Where can i get some white fans? Or just go with yates 5 regular fast speed and a blue led one fast speed? Or maybe get a white led fan? or green? Or red?

Silverstone Fans

yap it's the sunbeam.. got it from here. http://www.svc.com/cw-bk.html
That might be worth an 'uprade' fro my CoolDrive 6s. I have 2 due to all the damn fans this case has room for. I'd love to go to a single-bay fan controller, to clean up the front of the case. I do love the software control of the CD6s though.

Anyhow, here's my CM690, with some compadres:

If it helps anyone, I have temp monitors all over my case, and the coolest air is always coming from the bottom intake fan. Mine is a PWM, same as the rear top exhaust - both are usually around 900rpm.

All told, my fan tally is high (bottom up, back-to-front):
1x120mm PWM intake (bottom);
2x80mm fans - Antec SP2-500;
1x120mm Yate Loon intake (front);
2x~60mm on Accelero S1 Turbo;
2x120mm Yate Loons on CM GeminII;
1x80x15mm exhaust under CPU socket;
1x120mm CM exhaust (rear);
2x~40mm intakes on 2xCM CoolDrive6s;
1x120mm CM exhaust (top);
1x120mm PWM exhaust (top).
=====
14 fans.

I don't use the side openings for fans, but they let plenty of fresh air flow right into the GeminII.

-bZj

was too bored and decided to move around some more wires to clean up my case a little more. then took some new pictures with my gts and installed the HR-03 Plus. drop my temp to 54c on idle running passive then found a fan that fits and it drops the temp to 46c on idle.. i say it works better with the fan..

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

man, that hr-03 is massive, haha. especially with the fan on it. If you've got the room, why not though. I don't think I could ever fit something like that, though, with my sound card and wireless adapter.

Nitelife...it looks great :D Just goes to show that a little effort put in equates to some seriously tidy wires :D
I am going to use the Corsair 520 also.
Were all of your supplied Power Supply cables long enough without any extensions ?
Your case looks outstanding, I hope that mine looks as good after I complete it.

Were all of your supplied Power Supply cables long enough without any extensions ?
Your case looks outstanding, I hope that mine looks as good after I complete it.

The 12v 8pin was a really, really tight squeeze, and it just barely reached the top of the motherboard. If your 4/8pin connector is not at the top of the motherboard, you may have to think of a different solution.

I was worried about the 8 pin connector, so I bought an 8" extension. I ended up needing it for my MSI P6N Platinum. You can see it running down the left side of the HSF (wrapped in black electical tape). That was the only gripe I had with that motherboard. It seems like it would be better placement to have it along the edge somewhere, like m3ta1head's mobo.

Here is a pic of mine, with my shiny new 8800gt =) Im going to take better pics in the morning.

Here is a pic of mine, with my shiny new 8800gt =) Im going to take better pics in the morning.

nice buy any new fans for it? how are the stock........ waiting for 140mm fans to come back in stock @ jabtech ;[ sigh.

The stock fans are quiet but don't move tons of air. I moved the front LED fan and put it on the bottom, I didn't really like the blue in the front. Now it just glows blue from the bottom kind of looks like its hovering at night. Over all the case is sweet sauce for the price.

Great looking cases so far guys. I really wish they'd make an aluminum version with a standard side window, it would make that interior look really sweet.

just got mine today, still waiting on some parts. but i have mobo/PSU.........how are you guys closing the back! i have a bulge where the main PSU cord goes through the back grrr :confused:

I wish they hadn't put the USB ports and whatnot on the top of the case...I can just picture it in my mind filling up with dust as the computer sits on my desk. Otherwise, I would consider replacing my Centurion 5 with this so I could mount the PSU below and have some exhaust fans on top.

just got mine today, still waiting on some parts. but i have mobo/PSU.........how are you guys closing the back! i have a bulge where the main PSU cord goes through the back grrr :confused:

wondering the same thing, get my case tuesday =]

Just purchased one from ZZF today so I'll probably have it next week. Can anyone recommend a decent motherboard (black PCB only) for a C2D setup?

Back