Holy crap my Crysis framerate!!

xp3nd4bl3

2[H]4U
I'm getting 12.85 FPS on the SP demo!!

1920x1080, All graphics settings to HIGH. 0xAA

There's a VERY HIGH setting that I don't dare try.

I'm getting 12.85 FPS on the SP demo!!

1920x1080, All graphics settings to HIGH. 0xAA

There's a VERY HIGH setting that I don't dare try.

Hopefully the final game is a bit more optimized. The game looks pretty but the system requirements are crazy.

So wait.. you're getting 12ish FPS with 2 8800 GTS's along with a Q6600 to back it? Something doesn't sound right..

Are you running it in the editor? I don't think anyone's played it outside the editor yet. Wait till you play the actual game before coming to any conclusions.

optimized? I don't think that's is the case here... this game will bring every card down that is out there right now, it is not optimization hehe... on the other hand I'm surprised that gts can do 12 fps on high, even in SLI mode.

hey, can you test it with the same settings but lower resolutions? post you results.

yea im only getting 5fps running at 2560x1600 on maximum settings, BUT WITH NO AA...

wow this game SUXX, i mean it couldnt be that im retarded for trying to run a new game on high settings with a year old vid card, no not that

im totally putting Crysis in 2560x1600 when i get it, I don't care what frame rate I get :D

*edit*

could you post your OS and DXlevel if you can select it, and also what driver revision you have, I think Nvidia have beta drivers either out now, or on the way, for the demo.

yea im only getting 5fps running at 2560x1600 on maximum settings, BUT WITH NO AA...

wow this game SUXX, i mean it couldnt be that im retarded for trying to run a new game on high settings with a year old vid card, no not that

well why dont nvidia release the 9 series cards then?

Howd you get it? I thought it wasnt being released until 1pm today to people who pre-ordered the game?

I'm scoring like 26 min fps at 1680x1050 with a single GTS :confused:

Crytek did say that for 1600x1200 res. that you may want to use a GTX and are you using the 169.01 drivers? I'm stuck at work so I don't know if the demo is "really out" or if you are playing it from the editor. :confused:

everyone seems so surprised? i never believed they would increase performance from the beta esp since many visual elements like very high were left out. EVERYONE can forget about using anything higher than 16x10 right now. even Ultra SLI cannot handle 19x12. the maximum resolution that will give playable frame rates using 2 GTX cards is 1280x1024, with everything set to very high and no AA. let me put it this way, running 16x10, very high, 4xaa 16x af, is impossible with current hardware, well u will get around 15 fps. all the screen shots u have seen have used minimum of 8x MSAA also.

is anyone else expecting the newest games to not only look better but also perform the same as LAST years games on the SAME hardware? because i know i am!!

Crytek did say that for 1600x1200 res. that you may want to use a GTX and are you using the 169.01 drivers? I'm stuck at work so I don't know if the demo is "really out" or if you are playing it from the editor. :confused:

Well, first off, 26fps is *so* fluid that it's a non-issue for me... It seriously looks like 45+ fps in Oblivion.

I'm also running the 169.01 drivers, yes.

Well, first off, 26fps is *so* fluid that it's a non-issue for me... It seriously looks like 45+ fps in Oblivion.

i admit that in some games like ut3, anything at 20-30fps can be smooth but others like pro evolution soccer 2008 will just cripple the gameplay completely as if your playing a 1-10fps

i admit that in some games like ut3, anything at 20-30fps can be smooth but others like pro evolution soccer 2008 will just cripple the gameplay completely as if your playing a 1-10fps

I noted this from the beginning with the MP beta... Even during lags or network spikes, the game was smooth as butter... Infact, I've only seen stuttering a few times!

That's kind of strange, you would think a higher speed FPS game like Crysis would feel a little crippled at 20-30FPS. Oh well though, I want to see how my 320mb video card does with it. Maybe I'll have to get the 8800GT....

That's kind of strange, you would think a higher speed FPS game like Crysis would feel a little crippled at 20-30FPS. Oh well though, I want to see how my 320mb video card does with it. Maybe I'll have to get the 8800GT....

Course, I'm looking at it from a graphical standpoint, not a performance standpoint... Smooth as butter can still translate to "Sniped in the head" if your opponents are all getting 60fps :p

Course, I'm looking at it from a graphical standpoint, not a performance standpoint... Smooth as butter can still translate to "Sniped in the head" if your opponents are all getting 60fps :p

hehe, well I haven't always had high-end cards, but loved the graphics up, so I've sometimes suffered through ~30FPS in games just because it looked pretty :p

Not usually in MP games though... but for Crysis SP, I think most of us will be willing to make a bit of a sacrifice.

hehe, well I haven't always had high-end cards, but loved the graphics up, so I've sometimes suffered through ~30FPS in games just because it looked pretty :p

Not usually in MP games though... but for Crysis SP, I think most of us will be willing to make a bit of a sacrifice.

Well until you turn on "Maximum Speed!" and start humping walls :p

Well until you turn on "Maximum Speed!" and start humping walls :p

LOL that's what I meant, seems like it can turn into a fast-paced game what with throwing Korean soldiers around with your bare hands and punching through walls and roofs.

That'll be a screenshot to take. "Maximum Speed!" *thump*thump*thump*thump*thump*thump*

This is why I am waiting till next gen to upgrade.

All the games I play run perfect on my card. With the exception of Hellgate London BETA, I'm hoping final release runs much better.

The games that don't... Crysis.

I'll wait till real DX10 cards come out. Or possibly just convert to console gaming, it's so much cheaper and I haven't bought a console since Playstation... which I got for a birthday present in 1997.

I'll wait till real DX10 cards come out. Or possibly just convert to console gaming, it's so much cheaper and I haven't bought a console since Playstation... which I got for a birthday present in 1997.

Consoles aren't really cheaper. Just use tv out from your computer to a TV/ huge LCD and run the games @ 1024x768 like many of them use :p

I thought Crysis wasn't going to be available for awhile, like 17 more hours. Anyone have a link to the demo?

Is that with high settings or very-high settings? Have you attempted any levels of AA (does it make a huge hit)? It is true that 20-30fps in Crysis seems like 40-50fps lol. I don't know why, but it's been like that. Another thing I noticed is how the beta drivers provide a rather large performance boost. This leads to me to believe that more performance can be squeezed out of the game and current hardware. I'm looking to run at 1280x1024 with my setup below, if I can get 30fps I'm good to go.

Yeah, kinda hard to imagine the 3rd best card available (doubled in sli) cant play even on high settings...that would mean the very best card (the ultra) would not be able to play this game on high settings alone??? Doesn't add up folks...

I thought Crysis wasn't going to be available for awhile, like 17 more hours. Anyone have a link to the demo?

It is available to those who pre-ordered Crysis. You can pre-order Crysis now and then download the demo, or wait and it will be publicly released tomorrow morning.

I'm thinking that the increased "illusion" of fluid gameplay is due to game developers finally getting around to effectively using motion blur (see CoD4 and Crysis). This is the same reason that you can watch a movie that is only 24fps and not experience the same stuttering that any game from the past will give you at that framerate. I'm wondering why it's taken this long when motion blurring has been a marketing term and checkbox feature in video cards and API specs for years now. I remember when the Voodoo4/5 series was coming out and seeing how they used that t-buffer with Quake3 for blurring yielded some impressive results, although not nearly as accurate as what's being done now.

Back