Problem with Vista progress bar freeze on start-up

roc567

n00b
I've been having problems with a computer i bought from Avadirect.com in mid July for a little while now. I came to these forums for help and started a thread before sending the computer back to AVA for repairs.heres the thread explaning the problem.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1231723

In a nutshell the computer was having serious problems running pretty much any game I played for more than 5 minutes and it was freezing on the Vista progress bar when I would start the computer. I just got the computer back today today, friday, I gotta say AVA was fast to repair the computer and Chris from tech support kept me filled in the whole time. They said the problem was the cpu was overclocked. He said it wasn't overclocked when it first shipped to me and I know I didn't do when I got it because honestly I wouldn't have any idea how to.
Anyway after getting back it runs games great, any game or demo I play on it runs excellent, so that aspect of it was fixed. But after a few restarts I found it was still freezing up when it starts up and comes to the Vista progress load bar. I found if I unseat the memory and put it back in the computer starts up like normal. I really don't want to have to send the computer back to AVA again and have to pay for shipping on top of it. Any help would be very much appreciated and like I said earlier I'm not the most computer savy person, I can do and know basic info but a little extra explanation be helpful also. And any extra info I can provide please let me know. All my computers specs are in the thread above.

thx again

amd x2 3800+
asus m2v mobo
xfxgefore 8600GT
WD 250gb HD
2gb Crucial vanilla
550watt Rosewill
DVD drive and dvd/cd-rw drive
Pretty much a budget build

/bump

Please, any help would be much appreciated, I really have no idea what to do this time around.

Get into the BIOS and check your voltages...Give your memory 1.9-2.0v, check your cpu vcore as well. What are your timings? Make sure they're at SPD settings.

Vista freezing is more than likely a memory problem. Seeing how it hasn't even loaded yet it's freezing.

Back