LG L245/6WP + PS3 owners

Hey guys... I've noticed that I'm not seeing the WHOLE frame when I hook up my PS3 to the monitor, just wondering if you guys are getting the same thing and if not, how should I fix it?

my settings:

(monitor)
ARC: Original
HDMI: Video

(PS3)
output: HDMI 1080p

I knew before I bought the monitor that it doesn't properly scale the full 1080p signal and it'd get cut off slightly, but I think the examples below would show that "slightly" is a bit of an understatement:

(the outline shows where the frame gets cut off and the area within the square is what I see on my screen)
screen.jpg

screen2.jpg

So far it hasn't bother me that much because most games don't use the edges of the screen and movies are mostly cut off only at the left and right edges (2.38 or 2.40 :1 transfers.... 1.85:1 transfer would cut off the top and bottom slightly), but is there anyway I can make the monitor "zoom in" a bit more so I can see more of the whole frame?

Any inputs from other PS3 owners?

You can have ARC=original? I thought you could have "original" only under component.

What about the "full"? does it show everything there?

Are the other options available to you for phase and position?

Yes only 2 options are available when HDMI is hooked up: Full or Original.

Full stretches the image to fill the screen
Original will show the proper aspect ratio but like I mentioned before, the borders get cut off.

I don't see any other options for phase and position...

Have you tried this with more than one game? What about movies?

I don't have a PS3, but have you set up its display properties/settings correctly?

I think ive read somewhere that there was a problem with the 1:1 pixelmapping, on the revision 1 screens (manufactured before July 2007) But im not sure. You should talk to LGs support.

I think ive read somewhere that there was a problem with the 1:1 pixelmapping, on the revision 1 screens (manufactured before July 2007) But im not sure. You should talk to LGs support.

Where do you base this on? Any links or further info? I am not disagreeing with you, I would just like to read more on this. I would love to see if there are any firmware upgrades or whatnot but I can't find anything related to it.

my question is... is that how it's supposed to look like? If so then fine I can live with it, not a big deal, but if some of you are seeing more than what I'm seeing then there might be something wrong with my monitor.

and yes I've tried some other games/movies and it's the same on all of them - cut off at all 4 edges.

and yes when I hook up my PC to it, it displays 1920x1200 perfectly.

Have anyone, with the revision 2 (manufacture date July 2007- )of this display, tried connecting PS3 or Xbox360 via HDMI?

That might be normal. Can you take a picture of your screen in the Internet Browser?

I can't see the URL address unless I set Tools -> Display Area -> Standard Size. In that mode, the round WWW logo at the top left gets about half cut-off. My ARC is set to Full (don't like the black bars) and HDMI to Video.

yip I get the same as well; if I go into the browser the letters "www." at the top left corner are cut-off... I see one and a half W and I don't see the address bar at the very top.

lol yeah the FULL setting will fill the screen but it also stretches your images vertically... i don't mind the black bars.

So it sounds like it's normal eh? Hmmm.... a bit too much overscan I think, but not a big deal (yet) since most games don't use the very corners of the screen for anything...

anyone else got any inputs?

Back