Your Favorite Wireless Mouse and Keyboard

I'm about 4 to 5 days to getting my new system and there is one last thing that I have neglected to get. A mouse and keyboard. I'm going to be using the computer on my TV so it's going to have to be a wireless combo. Nothing has really jumped out at me so I'm probably going to use personal opinions as part of my final judgement.

In terms of keyboards, I'm mostly interested in what backlit models there are out there. With mouses, a scroll wheel is just standard now so it must have that. 5+ buttons would be nice.

Thanks

IMO the best looking wireless keyboard and mouse out there (although the keyboard isn't backlit) is the Logitech diNovo Edge and the Logitech MX Revolution. Worth taking a look at maybe...

....With mouses, a scroll wheel is just standard now so it must have that. 5+ buttons would be nice.

oh... pedantic as it may be, plural of mouse = mice :p

IMO the best looking wireless keyboard and mouse out there (although the keyboard isn't backlit) is the Logitech diNovo Edge and the Logitech MX Revolution. Worth taking a look at maybe...

oh... pedantic as it may be, plural of mouse = mice :p

Yeah that was a weird oversight. Working off the jet lag and 4 hours of sleep.

IMO the best looking wireless keyboard and mouse out there (although the keyboard isn't backlit) is the Logitech diNovo Edge and the Logitech MX Revolution.

Yep.. love my diNovo Edge.. I use a MX518, but the Revolution is a really nice mouse, I just prefer a corded mouse....

Yep.. love my diNovo Edge.. I use a MX518, but the Revolution is a really nice mouse, I just prefer a corded mouse....

Same here on the corded mouse, I'm using the new revision Logitech G5. I Still need a new keyboard to go with it though (I'm using the keyboard from my Logitech Cordless Desktop MX).

I did consider the diNovo Edge, but wasn't sure how I'd like the lack of travel on the keys, especially for gaming use (it does look awesome though, best looking keyboard on the market IMO). Opinions on using it for gaming anybody? Otherwise, I think I'm 90% decided on getting the Microsoft Reclusa instead, a corded keyboard wouldn't really bother me.

Keep in mind the Logitech G7 was discontinued so we might be seeing its replacement very soon.

So I went and bought an MX revolution. Definitely not looking back. I love how the mouse wheel can goto click scroll to smooth scrolling. The thumb scroll wheel is going to take some getting use to but should be awesome for snipping. Thanks guys! I might wait to get that $200 keyboard though..

How do you guys feel about Microsoft's
Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000 & 8000? They seem comfortable on the lap and perfect for a HTPC.

Well... I did it.

I've been using my MX518 for a couple of years and swore that I wouldn't replace it until it died.......but I picked up a Revolution off fleabay for $40.00 and........wow.

This is the most amazing mouse I have ever used. It is a perfect match for my Edge. I love it, smooth, fast, responsive and really comfortable... It's big though, so those with smaller hands might not like it.... but I definitely recommend it... great mouse.

Keep in mind the Logitech G7 was discontinued so we might be seeing its replacement very soon.

Yup,my G7 was having the erratic behavior problem so Logitech replaced it with my now favorite mouse the G9..Wow this is an amazing mouse as I really wanted another G7 but Logitech doesnt even have them anymore.

Back