Screen Size 24.0" Wide
Resolution 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA)
Pixel Pitch 0.27 mm
Brightness 250 cd/㎡
Contrast Ratio 1000:1
Response Time 5ms
Display Area 518.5 x 324 mm
Display Color 16.7 million
Viewing Angle 160/160 (L/R;U/D) (CR>=10)
Input Signals D-sub / DVI-D / HDMI
Horizontal Frequency 31-94 (KHz)
Vertical Frequency 50 - 85 (Hz)
Video Bandwidth 25 - 135 (MHz)
Color Temperature Reddish/Normal/Bluish/User mode
Power Consumption 55W (max)
Power Supply Built-in
Features Senseye+Photo
VIsta Premium Certification
16.7 Display Color
72% Color gamut
Kensington Lock
VESA wall mounting 100 x 100 mm
Adjustments Tilt -5/20 (down/up)
Dimensions 558 x 442.7 x 170.5 mm
Weight 6.15 kg
Accessories (Standard) VGA cable
Emission Standard TCO'03

Looks like this new BenQ 24" LCD has been around. Has anybody gotten it and tested it for HDMI with either 360 or PS3 yet?

Sorry for bumping but this monitor seems to advertise 1:1 mapping and go for $415 CAD, very hot no? :eek:

Anybody know/heard anything?

Does it mean this panel would look like shit like those 19" Viewsonics?

A friend in retail told me that this LCD does have 1:1 pixel mapping.

Is this going to be better/same as the FP241W? I'm about to order that and now this has come out...

It's certainly not going to look better color/angle wise because it's a TN panel. Faster response probably. Notice it doesn't have PIP or Component/Svideo etc like high end 24" monitors do, just the basics.

The FP241 series claimed to have 1:1 pixel mapping after a firmware update too, we all know how that ended up :rolleyes:
I guess you could use the HDMI -> DVI "fix" and an HDMI switch too but I recall there being awkward coloring issues doing this too /shrug

Looks pretty nice, I'm getting this in a month, hopefully the only drawback is that it's a tn panel

http://it.tom.com/2007-10-31/0071/20984031.html
Japanese review that shows it hooked up to a PS3 and shows that it has scaling modes. Damn this was $300 at tigerdirect last month.

here are more pics and info this time in Spanish I think: http://foro.noticias3d.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=221456

Chinese.

You don't seem me calling HardOCP a French site do you?

On topic: the first link showing PE3 on PS3 also shows off either some pretty off backlighting and/or TN viewing angle problems. You can noticeably see the middle of the screen is brighter. (Even with a game on.....)

Chinese.

You don't seem me calling HardOCP a French site do you?

On topic: the first link showing PE3 on PS3 also shows off either some pretty off backlighting and/or TN viewing angle problems. You can noticeably see the middle of the screen is brighter. (Even with a game on.....)

How can you tell the viewing angle problem by looking at those pictures. Those pictures obviously were taken at a distance, comparatively farther than what we normal sit, so viewing angle problem should not be observed. Which picture you saw has brighter in the center and darker on the sides?

I'm really surprised this monitor isn't getting more attention. I'm thinking about returning my Gateway FHD2400 and getting this one.

For $390 SHIPPED from Buy.com this is BY FAR the cheapest 24" with DVI, HDMI, HDCP, and 1:1 pixel mapping. While I hate the viewing angles on TN panels, I love the bright and vibrant colors that make games and movies pop. Did I mention this baby has a 3 year warranty?

I'm really surprised this monitor isn't getting more attention. I'm thinking about returning my Gateway FHD2400 and getting this one.

For $390 SHIPPED from Buy.com this is BY FAR the cheapest 24" with DVI, HDMI, HDCP, and 1:1 pixel mapping. While I hate the viewing angles on TN panels, I love the bright and vibrant colors that make games and movies pop. Did I mention this baby has a 3 year warranty?

Is it confirmed that it has 1:1 mapping?

img-158875751.jpg

Seems a lot darker at the top than the bottom.

And every pic on this page: http://it.tom.com/2007-10-31/0071/20984031_05.html

I agree with you that it looks like it has "some" scaling feature from the photo. But you can't tell if it's true 1:1 or just a 16:9 mode like the Westinghouse 24" model has. I'd like to know about that before purchasing it.

For $400 shipped from newegg, it's a fair price. Too bad it's not $300 anymore from TigerDirect.

img-158875751.jpg

Seems a lot darker at the top than the bottom.

And every pic on this page: http://it.tom.com/2007-10-31/0071/20984031_05.html

I barely even noticed that. And the reason for it is because the pictures were taken from the bottom edge of the monitor. Optimal viewing angle is just the opposite. Your eyes should be at the top edge. So no problem there. If you like to sit below your monitor and look up, TN is not for you.

It has everything we asked for except it is a TN panel:

overscan option on/off
full screen
1:1 mapping
original aspect scaling

Just like the Sept 07 build FP241W

img-158875734.jpg

It has everything we asked for except it is a TN panel:

overscan option on/off
full screen
1:1 mapping
original aspect scaling

Just like the Sept 07 build FP241W

img-158875734.jpg

Wow, that's pretty nice. Hmm, this may be a possible replacement for my new lamp (aka, the FHD2400 that lights my whole apartment via BLB).

I'm also surprised that this monitor isn't getting much attention, it seems excellent for the price

I'm guessing the reason it's not getting attention is because you can't buy it in any B&M stores.

memoryexpress.com up in canada, one locally, has em, reasonably priced at 380. i've been wanting to get one but there are no reviews.

Great deal with all the overscan AND aspect options. $350 would be awesome.

G2400W vs FP241W:
Seems not bad for the price:
23wwakx.jpg

2vijoub.jpg

qo98ua.jpg

G2400W vs Samsung 245B
WOW, Samsung is put to shame:
jj4ruv.jpg

I think this LCD is perfect for PC first person shooters.

Jeez, I just bought it today, and it's waiting to be unpacked after work.

You posted 4 replies within 1 minute of each other?

THat's digitalversus.com

Only 3 not 4 :) the fourth reply was hours later.

The brightness and colour are a LITTLE washed out and subdued compared to my Dell 2007WFP and old 17" NEC 1770GX with OptiClear coating. Definitely notice the limited viewing angles of a TN now vs the S-IPS on the Dell. However, one upside for me is that the various inputs maintain 1:1/fill-with-aspect-ratio properly now for some reason whereas the Dell would always reset to fill after switching away from that input.

Tested HDMI to the Falcon Xbox 360 and it looks exactly as it did with the official VGA adapter. Maybe washed out a bit/too bright on defaults but I'll tweak it. While the Dell had 1:1 pixel mapping, I had to turn it to fill since it would always tear like crazy. With fill, the tears would go away with playing the 360. Have yet to test if there is tearing at 1:1 on this Benq. The monitor defaults to 70 brightness in "standard" mode, but it still doesn't feel as or isn't as bright as my Dell or NEC. Of course, the colour on the NEC was the best--glare got to me on that one though. No dead pixels from what I can tell but my poor vision, Iprobably can't tell with the size of the pixel being this small at this density. :)

The bottom line is that for what it cost, it appears set to suit its duties as PC(DVI)/PS3 (HDMI)/360(VGA) monitor just fine.

sorry, cell phone is out of commission, had to buy another one.

Post some pics showing viewing angle, some HD material, and something with lots of smooth color gradients.

No tearing when playing in 1:1 on HDMI with Xbox 360 compared to quite a bit of it on the 2007WFP.

Back