New 8800GT BIOSes being set loose?

NoxTek

The Geek Redneck
Has anyone else noticed that some of the board partners are releasing updated BIOSes for the 8800GT? Since the 8800GT release a week ago I've seen a few of the AIB partners release BIOS for the GT, and I just noticed that Asus recently released their own updated BIOS for the EN8800GT. Asus lists their BIOS Version as V62.92.12.00.AS01 and date the release 11/05/2007 with the only description being "Enhance the performance of running certain benchmarks.". The BIOS version my card came with is 62.92.12.00.00

http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/vga/nVidia/BIOS/EN8800GT_AS01.rar

Well laaa dee daa... I mean I like benchmarks and all but let's hope there are some other benefits. :D I'm wondering if this might fix some of the problems people are having with the Crysis demo? Maybe an updated thermal profile for the cooling fan to make it kick in the rpms sooner? Who knows?

I am a BIOS/firmware junkie so I'll be flashing my Asus tonight just for the hell of it... :D

Couldn't you use NiBiTor to compare them? My guess is just memory timing changes since apparently voltage changes don't apply to 3D, unless they fixed that somehow.

Back