New Crysis settings unlocked (umbelivable version)

Looks like something I'll enjoy in 2012!

Environment looks nice, I wonder how the enemy models look? For some reason, the models never ever look nearly as good as the environment.

Man... almost makes me cry that I don't have nearly the computer for it.... :eek: If it's got anywhere the freedom that FarCry offered, sounds like a game I'd REALLY enjoy.

I just finished with the demo, on my 8800GTX at 1600x1200 and Brent's recommended settings in the game in our latest video card eval. It is the first thing I have seen in a long time that makes me want to install SLI.....or maybe even Crossfire soon!

Has to be running a server pc to run that thing at such smooth frame rates at such ridiculous quality levels lol. Bet its SLI with Dual Quad Cores or a Engineering sample of phenom or next gen videocard. No pc today can do that in a affordable price range yet :)

:eek:
i'm ditching my 8800GTS SLI setup and getting a couple of Ultras !!!

:eek:
i'm ditching my 8800GTS SLI setup and getting a couple of Ultras !!!

I doubt even the Ultras can run them at that settings with any kind of AA.

Better to wait for the Ultra version of D9E. Two of them surely will run them at those settings. Otherwise what kind of hardware are they running the demo on.

The problem is that two of Ultra version of D9E might cost 1500usd. Just a guess on my part.

Has to be running a server pc to run that thing at such smooth frame rates at such ridiculous quality levels lol. Bet its SLI with Dual Quad Cores or a Engineering sample of phenom or next gen videocard. No pc today can do that in a affordable price range yet :)

Er, I think the better statement would be no GPU today can do that yet. I think a Kentsfield clocked at 3.0+ GHz can run the game at those settings if it is multithreaded.

SLI is going to be the trick for this game me thinks.

Just a few more days for the retail reviews and then we'll know what we really need.

I doubt even the Ultras can run them at that settings with any kind of AA.

Better to wait for the Ultra version of D9E. Two of them surely will run them at those settings. Otherwise what kind of hardware are they running the demo on.

The problem is that two of Ultra version of D9E might cost 1500usd. Just a guess on my part

I think u are right, better wait till the new hardware is out. hmm i'd wager the new ultras would be around $700!! definitively premium price!!

i would have to sell my soul to the devil yet again! :D

Looks like something I'll enjoy in 2012!

Environment looks nice, I wonder how the enemy models look? For some reason, the models never ever look nearly as good as the environment.

Models are shown in the video.

Those settings are amazing.

Excuse me while I go find my jaw. It dropped to the floor a few minutes ago and I haven't been able to locate it. :eek:

A "server" pc isnt made for games, he has high end gaming hardware :) an with quad cores and efficient coding and SLI, ya, i can see them running that.

So they has been hiding away that quality in the demo?

This is insane, it really looks as real as, well, a real world jungle... :eek:

I wonder if he's even running them on a GeForce 8 card, or something we haven't seen in the market yet...

Absolutely insane... I wonder how many years it will be before we have computers that can run those settings at a smooth 60+ frame rate.

Absolutely insane... I wonder how many years it will be before we have computers that can run those settings at a smooth 60+ frame rate.

I dont think it is a matter of years, but months, considering quad SLI and crossfire and quad cores being availible.

I was unimpressed by Crysis screenies etc. until this. Now THIS is what next gen really looks like.

What the heck is this?! Shaders at ULTRA HIGH?

I think they did some tweaking with the HDR.

Though there was a screenshot at that link's forum, which shows that it didn't look too pretty when out in the open, having HDR set that high. It seems to look great when the sky is completely covered by trees and everything's dark.

I love Crysis and will be buying it without a doubt, but even after these shots and videos, I can't help but feel like its not quite as good looking as what was originally promised.

What? Seriously? Are you going to hold on to that initial render and cry about it?

Motorstorm, Killzone 2, and others (I'm sure) had target renders which weren't met, lets not get preoccupied with this nonsense.

Crysis is going to be an amazing game, both in engine advancement and gameplay. Lets just all enjoy it!

I love Crysis and will be buying it without a doubt, but even after these shots and videos, I can't help but feel like its not quite as good looking as what was originally promised.

wow, that really is a big difference..... but is that a shot that Crytek claimed was actual gameplay? If it was, then maybe thats how the game will look once it is "fully unlocked" in the future like they said?

Either way, definitely a dramatic drop in quality, I played though the SP demo on High settings and wasn't really that impressed with the graphics myself...

What? Seriously? Are you going to hold on to that initial render and cry about it?

Motorstorm, Killzone 2, and others (I'm sure) had target renders which weren't met, lets not get preoccupied with this nonsense.

Crysis is going to be an amazing game, both in engine advancement and gameplay. Lets just all enjoy it!

wow, that really is a big difference..... but is that a shot that Crytek claimed was actual gameplay? If it was, then maybe thats how the game will look once it is "fully unlocked" in the future like they said?

Either way, definitely a dramatic drop in quality, I played though the SP demo on High settings and wasn't really that impressed with the graphics myself...

Pretty sure that screenshot was from this video and not a render. I'm not really complaining, just bringing it up, so don't freak out.

I find this so funny. Those shots look great, but I can't help but laugh because on every forum everyone is going nuts trying to figure out how to run this game smoothly...what proc you need, SLI or not, is it optimized for quad cores etc..... does anyone else find it funny that we can't get an honest answer from crytek or anywhere else with how to run this game smoothly? its the million dollar question right now

The Crysis demo does not have all the graphical prettiness of the retail release. Comparing the two makes very little sense considering this information. Compare the screen shots given by the OP with the "original offering", and if you have any complaints, I'd say you're bloody crazy. :p

I think those SS from the tweaking is way better than that SS that's originally offered by the developers:D

Pretty sure that screenshot was from this video and not a render. I'm not really complaining, just bringing it up, so don't freak out.

IMHO the difference between the the demo and the video provided by Crytek is moot since we don't even have the GPU to run the game at very high settings @ 1280.

Hopefully Crytek will release a patch/update to enable those kind of settings when we have the hardware to run it.

Nice. So what the hell is nvidia doing? We need some beast here!!

Back