HOT! Crucial Ballistix PC2-6400 for $59.95 shipped

holy cow... no MIA crap.. nice deal.

This is tempting me, I wonder what would run better, 4 of these or my current 2x 2gb of DDR5300... hmmm...

Who the HELL would pay the original price...?

ballistix.jpg

Also, if you reject the magazine offer, you can send in a rebate form for $10. So if your are new to google checkout and if the rebate comes through, it is possible to get these for $39.95!

Also, if you reject the magazine offer, you can send in a rebate form for $10. So if your are new to google checkout and if the rebate comes through, it is possible to get these for $39.95!

Explain please. I pulled the trigger on this deal and got the $10 off fro first time Google checkout use. Where do I find this additional $10 rebate form?

Since these are D9 chips you can expect 500mhz pretty easy with less than 2.4v. 5-5-5 obviously.

Since these are D9 chips you can expect 500mhz pretty easy with less than 2.4v. 5-5-5 obviously.

My old Firestix were lower-binned D9GMH's and they did up to ~450mhz or a little more at stock 2.1V and 5-5-5 timings. 2T

PC2-6400 Ballistix

4.0-4-4-12 @ 2.2V

Micron D9GMH (B6-3)
Micron D9GCT (B6-37E) (possible)
Micron D9GKX (B6-25E) (possible)
Micron D9DQW (BT-37E)

from http://ramlist.ath.cx/ddr2/, not sure if that's changed or been updated, but I thought that the Ballistix were always Micron memory.. I mean Crucial is the manufacturer....

Explain please. I pulled the trigger on this deal and got the $10 off fro first time Google checkout use. Where do I find this additional $10 rebate form?

Right after you click "proceed to checkout" after adding the ram to you cart you get the page asking if you want a free magazine since your order is over $25. There is some fine print under that with a "see details" that leads to the rebate form.

edit: if you declined the magazine, the form can be found here http://www.m2rewards.com/buy/rebatebuy.pdf

sneakyrebate.jpg

Thanks OP! I bought 2GB of these exact same modules when I built my rig in August, and I currently have them running at a bit under 1100 MHz! Might as well add in 2 more GB at this price for good measure :)

There's been so many crazy RAM deals I don't even know what to do with all my sticks. Also got in on both times the OCZ plat was ~$30 AR for 2gig kit and the Corsair XMS that was around ~35AR :)

Now another set of Ballistix to put on the shelf... If RAM prices go crazy all of us hoarders are gonna make some profit =)

I ordered at 2:00pm today, and just received an email stating that my order has been shipped! I'm used to waiting at least a day for orders to ship. . . four hours is kinda like:eek:

Well I bit... now to get a 64bit Vista DVD.

Anyone know if the X-Fi / 4gb of ram was fixed?

these are $49.99 AR on the egg, BUT what's $10 more and not having to fool with rebates!

Hmmm, I just ordered the OCZ 2x1GB PC 6400 for a total of $35 AR with tax and ship yesterday from ClubIT. Until the rebates come its $85 though...

Should I cancel it and go with these instead? With google checkout and rebate, it should come out to $45 after taxes. $55 before the rebate...

I won't be able to cancel until tomorrow though, since it's late. Don't know if I'll manage to cancel it before they ship it or if there are any cancellation fees, or if this deal will still be there tomorrow.

Or should I just not worry about it and save the $10 discount from google checkout on something else? Still need CPU and mobo for my ultra budget-performance project. :D

Hmmm...I might have to order another 2GB set myself. Got in on these (via Newegg) back when they were $109 ($62AR), or close to that. Still haven't gotten my check yet - although Crucial sent me an e-mail a week or two ago saying it was being processed. Would be nice to get a decent price/NO REBATE for once though.

Bit )more ;)) OT: Waiting on confirmation on my $20 abit MIR still though.

This deal certailly Hawt!!!

Too bad I'm from overseas......Can only dream to own one........

Thanks for the reminder, I bought another couple stix after the first rebate deal using Google checkout.

I ordered a set, not that I really need more ram, but at the price.. its hard to pass up. I'm tempted to order another set :eek:

I've got like 16+gb of ram in my room :rolleyes:

I bit on this...looks like my new computer build is starting sooner than later. :eek:

Used the linked 5% off coupon as well, thanks for both!

wow, why the hell are they so expensive in USA.....it's only $50CAD after MIR in canada, or $55CAD for the tracer ones

wow, why the hell are they so expensive in USA.....it's only $50CAD after MIR in canada, or $55CAD for the tracer ones

I hate MIR, so I avoid them and will pay a little more to not have to send one in. Also, have you been paying attention to recent currency trends? $50 CAD is about $52 US today. So, with the 5% coupon it's only $5 more without a MIR.

Hmmm...I might have to order another 2GB set myself. Got in on these (via Newegg) back when they were $109 ($62AR), or close to that. Still haven't gotten my check yet - although Crucial sent me an e-mail a week or two ago saying it was being processed. Would be nice to get a decent price/NO REBATE for once though.

Bit )more ;)) OT: Waiting on confirmation on my $20 abit MIR still though.

Same here, my rebate should be shipped around the 3rd week of November (according to their rebate web site)

I bought a second set Oct 31 from Buy.com using GCO & $10 magazine rebate, along with the $40 mail in rebate.

I spend 40mins on the phone yesterday with Buy.com trying to get them match the lower price, but they knew what i was trying to do and made sure to point out that there was a MIR on my previous order so they wouldn't give me the price adjustment.

Still though $79.99-$50 in rebates, keeps me happy @ $29.99 shipped AR! Now I'm sure I won't get this rebate until March 2008. Why can't Crucial rebates be like those PNY rebates everyone got 3weeks after ordering?

Back