Customer Support?

What do you think?

• Total voters

snaggletooth

Supreme [H]ardness
If you're a video-card enthusiast, ATi or nVidia, this display of horrible customer relations from SAPPHIRE is a must read.

A member of our community, Ladyhawk, recently had a run-in with Sapphire Customer Support.

Her Sapphire X1900XT went on the fritz within her warrany period. Not unusual, most would say. Electronics by nature are quite fallible.

Everything started out innocently, with Ladyhawk visiting [H]ard|Forum looking for some advice on Sapphire's warranty policy. Sapphire wanted her to take an X1950pro as a replacement for her broken X1900XT as outlined here.

Of course, that's a downgrade (keep reading, there are some performance graphs to follow for all those genuinely interested). After getting no satisfaction and much sympathy and attention by the knowledgeable users who inhabit [H]ard|Forum, Ladyhawk decides to visit Sapphire's Official Support Forum.

Well, let's have a look at how Sapphire's Official Customer Support Forum Moderators handled the situation, shall we?

An Example of Sapphire's Customer Support Network

Like a broken record: Let's replace that broken X1900XT with an X1950pro + insults for all!

Unreal!

Customers should never be treated in this manner. Regardless of wage, the moderators in the Official Sapphire Customer Support Forum are representing Sapphire. Apparently instead of honoring their warranty in a timely and professional fashion, Sapphire is in the business of character defamation and general insult-hurling.

This flies in the face of the general industry trend in the video-card arena. eVGA, BFG, HiS and XFX all come to mind as examples of how to execute effective customer relations.

With the recent trouble AMD seems to be having with its GPU division ATi, Sapphire is doing a massive disservice to AMD by allowing people like gr33ngecko to moderate its official customer support forum, which is often times a customers first stop when seeking advice on a product which isn't functioning properly.

I'm sure gr33ngecko is correct in that he's quoting Sapphire's warranty policy. Well, in that case, coupled with gr33ngecko's arrogant nature, Sapphire's warranty policy is completely misleading, completely unfair and grants eligibility to Sapphire for boycott status.

To be insulted first with a high-priced product which failed and then by a volunteer on the Official Sapphire customer support forum shows an utter lack of respect and deserves no financial support from us, the video-card enthusiasts.

This isn't just a fight for enthusiasts like [H]ard|Forum member Ladyhawk, who live and breath industry news, it's also for the folks who'll be unknowingly shafted by a company that endorses downgrading a customers defective product through warranty and who will employ a volunteer who repeatedly berates existing and potential customers, should they have a problem with their product.

I know many feel the same, so let's Digg this right up and force Sapphire to either rationally explain their present warranty policies, change their warranty policies or GTFO of the ring.

A special thanks to [H]ard|Forum member mentok1982 who had this to say on gpureview.com in support of a quick resolve to Ladyhawk's abysmal warranty service problems.

I would like to see an offical from sapphire at lest try to correct this fiasco. And at lest show an ounce of customer service that XFX and others show every day here.

But in my heart, i dont see that happening.

SO my choice is to BOYCOTT!!!

I'd like to see what Sapphire has to say but I don't expect them to say anything.

I really want to see Sapphire respond and I honestly think they should in this case.

I had a run in with Sapphire customer service once with a 9800PRO. They are a fucking joke. Powercolor is a bit better, but if you ever plan on getting an ATI based card and want a good warranty/customer service stay away from Sapphire.

There is a reason why their cards are cheaper. Cheap warranty. Cheap customer service and from what I have seen really cheap and dumb admins in their forum. Those guys are definitely not the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Asus is a bit more expensive, but well worth the money for the peace of mind.

one would think they would be held to highest of standards since they are the "Built by ATI" partner too.....i would personally expect them to be the top of the pile, not the bottom, you would think ATI themselves would not appreciate their business practices and would demand change....

one would think they would be held to highest of standards since they are the "Built by ATI" partner too.....i would personally expect them to be the top of the pile, not the bottom, you would think ATI themselves would not appreciate their business practices and would demand change....

Perhaps someone over at AMD should be told about this mess. Until Sapphire's tech support and RMA department gets a much needed enema, I vote to BOYCOTT.

And that prick Gr33ngecko needs to be put in his place.

wow !
I definitely am not getting a Sapphire 8800GT now.
They shouldnt be allowed to get away with ripping customers off and getting angry when you dont accept their offer!

Boycotted.

wow !
I definitely am not getting a Sapphire 8800GT now.
They shouldnt be allowed to get away with ripping customers off and getting angry when you dont accept their offer!

Boycotted.

well, since Sapphire doesn't make Nvidia boards, you were not going to be buying a Sapphire 8800 anything anyways....but that's okay, you didnt know...;)

well, since Sapphire doesn't make Nvidia boards, you were not going to be buying a Sapphire 8800 anything anyways....but that's okay, you didnt know...;)

um lol
OK, I wont recommend Sapphire to my customers any more, that appeases me just as much :)

fantastic, getting the word out to as many people as possible is the only way to grab some attention and get Sapphire to step up their game and provide their existing customers the products and warranties they deserve.

I posted a story to help out the cause. Several thousand people should see the story.

http://www.gpureview.com/sapphire-questioned-over-x1950-pro-for-x1900-xt-downgrade-article-582.html

Way to go mentok1982, fantastic show of support and way to step-up. Love the Sapphire Logo you used. Couldn't you find one any bigger? :p

Makes me glad I got rid of my Sapphire X1950 Pro and sorry I've recommended the card as the best bang for the buck AGP card whenever the question comes up.

Ladyhawk... you rock Lady. Gr33ngecko had the ballz to tell you to knock off the sarcasm? He should read the last 10 posts of hs own. Excellent job stating your case and not letting your self get steamrolled over as many do on that forum.

I am glad I could be of assistance.

Love the Sapphire Logo you used. Couldn't you find one any bigger? :p

I went to Sapphire's media area to get a logo but they only have logos in some strange format I could not open.
I found what I posted via Google image search already at the size you see it.

i think maybe it should be modified with a big red line through it....or something more original and comical maybe....LOL

has anyone actually tried to email Sapphire's corp contact with this?

Just curious did anyone make a physical call to Sapphire support and ask for a manager or anything? I don't agree how it was handled in the forum, but I doubt these people had any power (or maybe I should say they have no incentive to raise this up to where it would get attention).
I agree this shouldn't be necessary but picking up a phone and calling newegg or Sapphire will probably end in better results. Usally the first people to reply or answer your emails are first level people, with no power, and they are simply punching the clock and try to not stir the pot (ie escalate).
However, I tend to stay away from sapphire as this isn't the first time I have heard of poor support from sapphire.

email Sapphire's corp contact with this

A fairly extensive search of Sapphires web sites (home office is apparently in Hong Kong) found no email addresses for marketing or much else. Only customer service, the one for the US Ladyhawk had already had less than satisifying correspondence with.

What put me over the edge is that it is the same deal with ATI. Tech support/customer service is the only email address I could find. I wanted to shoot Hector a note, no such luck.

EVGA here I come.

Man, Sapphire is doing like the complete opposite of what eVGA is does. :eek:

my contribution:

email just sent to

[email protected] (Sapphire's USA "contact us" link)

Jon Carvill (Graphics contact at AMD)

Drew Prairie (Corporate News Contact at AMD)

To whom it may concern,

I am writing you to make you aware of a situation with Sapphire's
Support and have copied the provided contacts at AMD/ATI since I
figure they might want to have a chance to speak up and make things
right, because this is getting attention in some very popular hardware
enthusiast corners of the internet. Please show your customer some
proper attention and make it right. Please see the links below. The
actions of the "moderator" at Sapphire's Support Forums is grotesque
at best and is nto how I would want my company represented. While the
forums may not be "official", they are where any customer goes online
for assistance with a Sapphire branded AMD/ATI product, and this my
friends is just not good for business as you are of course aware.
Thank you for your time.

-James

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1241346

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1234926

http://www.sapphiretech.com/en/forums/showthread.php?p=101076#post101076

http://digg.com/hardware/Is_This_Customer_Service

:D

*edit...damn...i misspelled not.....LOL...oh well, point made

ball is in AMD/Sapphire's court

oh yeah, i sent a copy ot Fuad and Mike Magee as well....hope this helps Ladyhawk

I am glad I could be of assistance.

I went to Sapphire's media area to get a logo but they only have logos in some strange format I could not open.
I found what I posted via Google image search already at the size you see it.

Not criticizing your choice of logo, I think it's great. Thought you did it for effect.:)

Voted boycott---never liked Sapphire products anyway. I've always heard of more problems with sapphire cards than any other brands (fan failures, capacitors blow-outs, power/voltage regulation burn-outs, etc..)

Now, their customer service is something! I've never seen customer service trying to be so "anti-service"!!!! Whoa, man---what have they been smoking? High on coke, thinking they're supermen, where money/reputation is no object? I've known a manager over at Olive Garden who did coke all the time but he wasnt that bad!

Sapphire will never get my business nor will I recommend this sub-par company to anyone I do business with in any way.

I would like to see an offical from sapphire at lest try to correct this fiasco. And at lest show an ounce of customer service that XFX and others show every day here.

But in my heart, i dont see that happening.

SO my choice is to BOYCOTT!!!

HA! XFX wanted to replace my broken 7900gt with an 8600gts since they were out of 7900gt's. It was either that or pay $150 to upgrade to the 320mb 8800gts. Also, they don't do cross-shipping, and the last time I sent my card in it took nearly 3 weeks to get a replacement. I wouldn't be so upset with them if not for the fact that my broken 7900gt was a replacement for my last broken 7900gt. They screwed up twice and still aren't doing anything to make up for it. I will never buy from that worthless company again. XFX sucks, stay away.:mad:

how long ago was that?
About 2 weeks ago. After the 8800gt was released I asked XFX about paying to upgrade to it but they said they would probably not even have them in stock for a couple of months.

This situation of companies offering newer-generation and yet inferior cards as replacements looks extremely familiar. There's a reason XFX and Sapphire products are often cheaper; you get cheap service to go along with your cheap card. Combo deal, yes!

*edit* Digg'd btw.

That's strange. Each time I've sent back an RMA to XFX, they sent me back an upgrade since they didn't have a replacement.

Anyway, back on topic. The new 3870 looks tempting to me, but if Sapphire's customer support isn't up to par, I will definitely be avoiding them.

well at lest they gave you an option to upgrade to a better card. They wont even give that to her.

Back