Company with the best warranty

entropism

2[H]4U
I'm used to Nvidia, so I don't know about ATI companies. Which have the best warranties & customer service? Diamond, HIS, etc. I know to avoid Sapphire like the plague...

I believe Visiontek offers a lifetime warranty on their cards. As for the quality of their cards, I bought a 9100 way back in the day and it still works, so I suppose their pretty good.

i've never had to deal with ati for a problem covered under warranty... my bba x800pro's still kickin. if it dies now, it's had a good life.

Yeah, any input would be great, I kind of got the buyer's remorse after jumping on the 3850, I really can't wait any longer because I want to get my system up and running during turkey weekend. But the 1 year warranty provided by Diamond really makes me second guess myself...:rolleyes:

I liked HIS cards but the company seems way to foreign and removed. their in box literature is kinda poorly written, slim and their site is loading from a place around the world. I have had junk that just didnt work in machines from Sapphire. So long as it isnt too obscure, I dont think it matters too much. (gecube and msi I feel make crap) I would buy any of them really. Im looking for the single slot gddr4 3870. theres no reason for dual slot. I cut off that crap and it ruins the warranty in doing so.

Technically, if you run pci 2.0, you do not need the conectore. the card slot doles out 150+watts

Nvidia has a much cooler setup of companies. BFG, EVGA, all decent to work with (barring some obscure stories of cranky forum people)

I used to use Diamond cards long ago. I am assuming they are the same company. I have had good dealings with themremember, a 30-50 dollar price increase gives you a longer warranty. The quality of the product has no bearing on the warranty. They just account for flawed cards and duds by overcharging you. See anything with a huge warranty and you will notice its the more expensive by about 15%+.

if it works a month or two stressed to the max, i think it just wouldnt matter after that if the price is really good

Yeah, I was mainly looking for a EVGA/XFX-esque company, since the first thing I'm doing is ripping off the heatsink and putting a VF900 on it. I could care about lifetime (2 years is fine with me), but a warranty that covered modded heatsinks would be wonderful.

Well if you buy newegg you always get the 1 year warranty from them.

I don't know why, but somehow, the product that I bought from newegg is showing this...

Return Policies
This item is covered by Newegg.com's Limited Non-Refundable 30-Day Return Policy.
Return for refund within: non-refundable
Return for replacement within: 30 days

Not impressive at all.
The thing is, when I bought the card, it was showing standard warranty, and it is still showing standard return policy in my invoice, I hope it will stay that way for me...

I'm pretty sure on video cards you can return it for a replacement for the same item within a year. After that you have to go through the manufacturer.

Back