NEC 20WGX2 Pro happy owners - do you happily own hot/dead/stuck pixels as well?...

Do you have a hot/dead/stuck pixel on your NEC 20WGX2 Pro beauty?

• I'm clean! I'm clean!

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Yeah, my beauty has a hot/dead/stuck freckle on it...

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Padawan

n00b
Hi guys.

I'm about to buy the great NEC 20WGX2 Pro LCD. According to many reviews all over the net and users' opinions on various forums, this monitor simply rocks... But this is what most of us already know, don't we.

I'm from the kind of people who always look for things which will serve for years giving 100% satisfaction through their *entire* lifespan. Any less is not an option! Especially when it comes to an expensive LCD screen.

Here's what this is all about. I've read some users are complaining about NEC 20WGX2 Pro (or the previous version, 20WGX2), that they bought their panel with hot/dead/stuck pixel. And these people were in numbers (mostly on Polish forums, but not exclusively...). Is buying this NEC really that dicey? I am not willing to pay not being fully aware of the risk! So, the question is: does your NEC 20WGX2 Pro have a hot/dead/stuck pixel?

Taking part in the poll as well as any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

I don't have any permanently stuck pixels but occasionally one will stick on a certain color. However, like every IPS that I've owned...I find that it is easy to "wipe" it away with a microfiber cloth. No, I'm not mistaking dirt for stuck pixels...my Dell 2007WFP has two permanently stuck pixels (doesn't really bother me) so I know the difference...and the Dell also occasionally has pixels that get stuck but are easily "cleaned".;)

edit- since the majority of people on this forum are in North America...we only have the 20WMGX2 with the built in tv tuner..but the panel should be the same.

Ah, yes, I've been also thinking about your DELL, seemed an alternative, though it's quite hard to get in Poland and there's this panel and revision lottery (PVA or S-IPS)... And I'm not much of a gambler, you know.

Unfortunately, I presume your wiping trick won't work in case of 20WGX2, since NEC blessed it heavily with glossy coating, preventing any massage with microfiber cloth :). Edit: or am I wrong? Is some interference possible?

Crap: should have known not many people will read my thread ATM. You have morning in US right now, right?

I have 3 NEC's and one had a stuck pixel along with some bad backbleeding. NEC sent me another one no questions. Dell also replaced a display for me but with them I had to make a dozen calls since each person in the chain didn't know what the others were doing.

I don't know much about the 20WMGX2 Pro. I was told it was same as the 20WMGX2 but they show as 2 different panels here:

http://www.lesnumeriques.com/duels.php?ty=6&ma1=52&mo1=95&p1=969&ma2=52&mo2=261&p2=2486&ph=1

Mine is perfect! Also, the opticlear DOES attract a lot of dust and on white backgrounds they have a "rainbow" like appearance, but I always keep a microfibre cloth handy to wipe them away. Quite frequently. Maybe I have OCD when it comes to this, or it's really just Opti Clear Disorder.

I have three 20WMGX2 monitors. The first two are perfect and the third has a stuck green subpixel one inch down and four inches from the right. I was disappointed and I suppose I could try returning it to NEC for repair, but I doubt it is worth the risk as I might well get something worse. I have not tried pressing it, also for fear of making matters worse.

I am a little shocked by the bad pixel as out of the seven LCD monitors at home it is the only one with a bad pixel and I have never seen an LCD monitor with a bad pixel at work and they buy cheap junk. Therefore based on my personal unscientific statistical sample (OK, since when, has statistics been scientific?) I suspect that you will be very unlucky to get a monitor with a bad pixel and in these news groups you rarely hear from the vast happy majority of pixel perfect LCD owners.

In practice, I never see the stuck pixel except when Windows boots, shuts down, or sleeps and the screen is totally blank so I should not be making a fuss ... I just got the defective monitor on Monday so in a month I doubt I will even care. I ran a dead pixel tester and I could only see the stuck pixel when the screen was all black or all dark magenta (red and blue with no green), but not with light magenta. I did not even notice the stuck pixel for a day after I got the monitor.

Would I buy another one? I suppose so, but not with the same enthusiasm I bought the second and third. I thought my Acer 2051W was great until I got a 20WMGX2 and I see nothing to compete with it in 20 or 22 inches and a 24 inch S-IPS monitor costs too much.

PS ... I voted for a "stuck freckle" and I cannot vote three times so add two to the count of "clean" monitors.

After about 6 months, no problems here, keeping my fingers crossed. BTW...my monitor is 20WMGX2 (not a pro edition)... my uses AS-IPS (LG.Philips LM201WE2) panel.

I love it. The S-IPS panel is excellent and opticlear makes everything look a lot better. My father-in-law just purchased a new glossy 22" acer TN based LCD and I wouldn't trade my NEC for his Acer even if added $300 to it. :D

Back