I have 4gb of ram crysis using 850 ish

zombix

[H]ard|Gawd
Well i benchmarked my system on both cpu and gpu and noticed that crysis is using about 850 ish out of my 4gb of ram. Is this wrong or is it about right?

I just have nod 32 the 3.0 version running in background as well as logitech g11 software for macros.

Really thats all

1024 x 768 and all set to medium except for sound which is set to high.

are you complaining its using too much ram or wondering why its not using enough? why do people even buy 4gb of ram if they don't want it to be used?

Uh am I making myself clear that it's NOT using all of my ram?

I bought 4gb of ram to BUY MORE ram, obviously to boost performance.

I dont understand anywhere in my post where i put that im bitching that im using less ram? :rolleyes:

And why wouldnt i want it to be used? :rolleyes:

boost the res and the memory usage should go up. i use about 750 mb at 1680 res but all my settings are at low. im getting a 8800gt tomorrow so i will post back when i max crysis at 1680.

Uh am I making myself clear that it's NOT using all of my ram?

I bought 4gb of ram to BUY MORE ram, obviously to boost performance.

I dont understand anywhere in my post where i put that im bitching that im using less ram? :rolleyes:

And why wouldnt i want it to be used? :rolleyes:

it would ONLY boost performance IF RAM was the bottleneck and you were hitting SWAP, since you are only using 850Meg, thats not where you can make the most improvements

That's about right. At medium settings and 1680x1050 I use around 890M, at high settings same res I use 1090M.

With 2 gigs of ram on my machine the only time I've started swapping out is loading Usenet header lists.

Crysis usually uses around a gig at medium for me, spiking to 1.2 at some parts

I have 4 gb installed xp reads 3.5 and Crysis eats around a gig to 1.6 gigs somewhere in there depending on whats going on.

1600x1200, 16xAF, 2x EdgeAA (enabled through system.cfg), all options set to HIGH except for shadows and post-processing (set to Medium), and I have seen Crysis use up as much as:

1.8 GB on my system.

I have 4 gb installed xp reads 3.5 and Crysis eats around a gig to 1.6 gigs somewhere in there depending on whats going on.

Sounds like you're wasting 500MB in XP because you don't have XP x64, x86 doesn't support 4gb

Back