MS Explorer Crashes In Antarctica

HardOCP News

[H] News
Thanks to the 300 people that sent me this news item about “M/S Explorer crashed in Antarctica!!!” Get it? Nudge, nudge…the irony…”MS Explorer” crashed. Oh well, that was the cheap laugh at Microsoft’s expense story of the day. Now, this would have truly been funny if the rescue ship was named Firefox (or vice versa).

The M/S Explorer is now lying on its side close to the South Shetland Islands, in the Antarctic Ocean. Gap Adventures, which owns the ship, said 91 passengers, nine guides and 54 crew members were safely evacuated to lifeboats and then to another ship.

bwahaha :p

"Following the incident, all survivors of the wreck switched to Firefox."

No - ya got confused. It ain't the web browser that crashed. That's called internet explorer.

MS Explorer is the main file manager \ shell for the XP OS.

A better write up than the Beeb site (darn URL gives some of the joke away... LOL :D)
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11/23/ms_explorer_ufo_sinking_ship_not_software/

I am looking for the Lifeboats addon for my copy of XP... Must be something in the KB about them. Could be needed if it gets any colder this weekend. :D

Firefox doesn't quite make the joke...
As noted by BM before me...
MS explorer is the GUI for windows.

It would have been funnier if the rescue ship was named the S.S. Linus.;)

OK, we'll add and addendum that says:

<insert> MS Explorer of choice </insert> (Windows or Internet)

*laugh wildly at yet another MS joke!!!

Don't you guys know anything? The rescue ship should have been named the S.S. Konqueror, or the S.S. Dolphin. :p

I was also considering jokes about Blue Screams Of Death.... :eek:

It was cold enough to go a bit blue... but no one died. So I ain't been too black with the humour... :D

It would have been funnier if the rescue ship was named the S.S. Linus.;)
It is the Antarctic... so there should be plenty of Linus' Penguin relatives down there. If it weren't Linus on the rescue ship, it was probably his cousin.

Maybe this was a Micro$oft spying missing to get to the heart of Penguin creation?

I think one of those Penguins did it. Linus did M/S Explorer in.

10k for that trip too.

10k for the Opportunity to get cold.

DM

Well, what if the taskbar is gone? You wont be able to get to Run just by going Ctrl-ESC and then clicking on it in Start menu.
There's also a run option in task manager. Ctrl-Shift-Esc (or Ctrl-Alt-Delete) will bring it up if Explorer crashes.

No - ya got confused. It ain't the web browser that crashed. That's called internet explorer.

MS Explorer is the main file manager \ shell for the XP OS.

A better write up than the Beeb site (darn URL gives some of the joke away... LOL :D)
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11/23/ms_explorer_ufo_sinking_ship_not_software/

I am looking for the Lifeboats addon for my copy of XP... Must be something in the KB about them. Could be needed if it gets any colder this weekend. :D

Bah.... you people. I was going along with OP but I guess we gotta get our technical panties in a bunch. :p

There's also a run option in task manager. Ctrl-Shift-Esc (or Ctrl-Alt-Delete) will bring it up if Explorer crashes.

Well, that`s what I meant lol CAD then Task Manager then Run :)

Fixed denied.

Well, what if the taskbar is gone? You wont be able to get to Run just by going Ctrl-ESC and then clicking on it in Start menu.

Winkey + R ;)

don't tell him that doesn't work if explorer isn't running.

Winkey + R ;)

don't tell him that doesn't work if explorer isn't running.
Excellent small print. LOL :D:D:D

CTRL-ALT-DEL always works... and will get that pesky Run... prompt. As well as Shutdown options on the menu.

Now the only thing I am confused on is - how does this help when a colony of Penguins launches torpedoes against your floating PC?:cool:

Yep, the penguins floated an iceberg into their path. MS Explorer sunk by penguins.

Now MS will have ammunition to go after the penguins and say how evil they are and sue them and it proves what they have been saying all along, that linux is evil.

Back