will i have to format from p35 to x38? any real diff between em?

user3657

Limp Gawd
so my second p35board from asus died....they've had my other one for 2 months now "repairing it" and this newer one just died(i really think they lost it, but im calling em tomorrow and getting an answer!!!). the first one stoped detecting sata drives...and now this one just stopped working one day. everything powers on but no post/video. ive switched out everything from the cpu to ps and narrowed it down to the mb

do u think with vista 64 if i get a newer x38 boad i will have any issues if i dont format? i cant get it to boot so i cant back anything up or run a program like sysprep. i cant tell what the difference is. all i see is the x38 board has 1600fsb and pcie 2.0. or should i just stick with a 35 board?

on a side note, whats going on with asus? 2 bad boards in a 6month period? 2+ months for a rma? in total ive must of built 10 pcs between myself, family, and friends and ive never used anything besides asus boards. im really thinking of going with another brand.

so my second p35board from asus died....they've had my other one for 2 months now "repairing it" and this newer one just died(i really think they lost it, but im calling em tomorrow and getting an answer!!!). the first one stoped detecting sata drives...and now this one just stopped working one day. everything powers on but no post/video. ive switched out everything from the cpu to ps and narrowed it down to the mb...

Dude I had the same thing happen to MY board!!! Wow I am also thinking about getting a x38 board to replace the p35 for a while... you think there is a general problem with p35 and Asus together?

I always format when going to a new board. You can try a Load on top, however a repair install of Windows nevers is quite as good as a fresh load.

Dude I had the same thing happen to MY board!!! Wow I am also thinking about getting a x38 board to replace the p35 for a while... you think there is a general problem with p35 and Asus together?

u know what i was lookiong at reviews for asus x38 boards and one of them started out bashing asus p35 boards staying something like "is this going to be a repeat of asus p35 boards or can asus relieabilty be expected this time" or something like that. so i guess they had issues with the p35 boards. i did go with the x38 board. what sold me is the new cable socket placement. keeps sata and ide out of the way of long video cards. also cant beat the ext cmos jumper. i just wish they would stop making pretty boards and including that soundcard. all that crap adds up.

fyi i read that gigabyte bought asus and since then they havnt been the same.

Back