Stable good with 4GB of RAM non Nvidia chipset?

Sean

[H] for Life
Three boards I am looking at. Currently I have a P5N-E SLI and I am getting tons of bluescreens, memory related 0X0A, 0X50, 0X8E. I can remove two stick of RAM and I get better stability, but I really would like to keep my 4GB (photoshop etc) 64bit OS, no gaming.

Asus P5K-E

Asus P5K WS

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R

I could however get a cheap used (used for 3 weeks) 965 board from a buddy a P5B-Plus.

Thanks in advance.

I am running the DFI P-35 "Blood Iron" and I love it. I am running 4GB of RAM (4x1GB) and I have had no stability issues at all. All in all, it's been an awesome board.

The P35 Gigabytes have been known to handle 4 stix fairly well. I'm not a fan of buggy Asus boards.

I just threw my rig onto an Abit IX38 w/ 4 stix of ram, and they are even overclocked pretty high. Fully stable. I read the IP35 Pro can handle the same quite easilly too...

Currently I have a P5N-E SLI and I am getting tons of bluescreens, memory related 0X0A, 0X50, 0X8E. I can remove two stick of RAM and I get better stability, but I really would like to keep my 4GB (photoshop etc) 64bit OS, no gaming.

Fancy that...

I also have a P5N-E SLI and the damn thing is NOT 4 slot stable. I tried two different sets of 4 gig (2 X 2gb) and while either would work fine and pass memtest on their own, running them both together cause all manner of memory issues, including massive memtest errors at any memory/chipset voltage.

I'm still shocked how many people buy Asus boards. I used to love their stuff but I swear lately they are using the budget AsRock parts in their line-up. The amount of unaceptable problems I see from people is ridiculous. Nothing worse than memory banks on your board that are just for show...wtf?

I'd be willing to bet that even the budget P35's from GB and Abit will handle 4 slots fine. The Abits may even let you OC a bit.

Thats my problem. I have seen a number of reports of stability issues with alot of the asus boards. This is why I am leaning towards the Gigabyte board. The price is pretty good on that board anyway.

Anyone else have any other suggestions? Abit is from NCIX, but not really local. Anyone have any aversion to the Gigabyte DS3R? (P35)

ASUS P5B works great, perfectly stable. I would imagine P5K would be similar.

Back