Updated Build w/ Pics

cnealjr

Gawd
Well, after killing 3 EVGA 680SLI boards in 3 months and going through the RMA headaches of tearing apart my system and water loop to change motherboards every month, I successfully migrated everything over to my new Asus MAximus Formula SE last night. Everything is at stock right now, but expect that to change. It was too late last night to start any overclocking endeavors after getting it built and Vista installed. My specs are in my sig, now for the eye candy!

IMGP1919.JPG

IMGP1920.JPG

IMGP1921.JPG

IMGP1922.JPG

IMGP1923.JPG

I hope this board is better at playing nice than my 680i was.

Nice buiild. Good luck with it. I'm going to stick with SLI as I need the power for my 30" monitor.

ZipZoomFly had them in stock this week. I thought I had found a Blitz, but they shipped me the DDR3 board, which wasn't compatable with my existing components, so I have to send it back.

nice, if you lived near me I would suggest helping me out with my watercooling setup, i have pretty much the same setup, except for the cpu.

It was a VERY tight fit keeping everything internal, and as it is I lose functionality of several slots on the motherboard. With Asus putting their front panel headers on the bottom edge of the board, I was praying I'd have enough room to hook everything up and still have it clear the radiator. I could have always put the fans on the top of the case, but for asthetics, I wanted to keep them internal. When I built this for my 680SLI board, the front panel headers were mid board and it wasn't an issue. I would have hated to try and custom fabricate some sort of shroud to cover the fans if it wouldn't fit.

Did you do all the case modifications yourself? Like the RAD?

There's very little in this world as gorgeous as Tygon Tubing.

I have to confess I cheated a bit on the case. I ordered it from Performance PC's and had them cut the top for me. I told them where I wanted it cut, and let them take the dremels to it on their dime. I drilled the hole for the fillport, planned the loop, installed everything, wired it, etc. So, while I didn't do all the mods to the case myself, I get to take SOME credit for it.

Thanks for all the compliments. All this was in an Antec 900 case, but I got to missing my Lian Li.

I just had the ccfl UV tube tossed in there to show the UV reactive fluid, I haven't mounted it yet.

Any problems with the 4x1gb Memery on that board? I heard there was problems on some boards SLI and such that the mem controller sucked for it. Cause there isn't really any good 2x2gb higher than 6400. :mad:

may want to check your rig...closest in ram module isn't fully seated in the pics.

All the ram is seated fine and shows up as 4GB in Vista, so all is good. Thanks for the heads up though. As far as any issues with the board and all 4 ram slots filled, I haven't had any stability issues, but I also haven't had time to push this board yet. I'm still running everything @ stock.

Back