Beautiful water cooled rig

sladesurfer

[H]ard|Gawd
Amazing how clean/sleek looking it is..:) http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34877&page=243

Shh..

mb003_0025.jpg

mb003_0058.jpg

mb003_0089.jpg

mb003_0153.jpg

mb003_0239.jpg

mb003_0296.jpg

mb003_0622.jpg

mb003_0754.jpg

mb003_0796.jpg

mb003_0884.jpg

Taking some shots in the dark this week...

A shot from the back... ill post more after we do the UV shots..

mb003_0288.jpg

omg. I want one. I wonder how it holds up with quads. Whats with the website? It tells about this product o so much....

Gotta admit that's smooth as anything. Site's got nothing but a splash -- where'd you find these?

Yeah saw this on XS, very nice.

I'd love to see a full SLI version with chipset cooling.

Saw it on XS as well, it's really sexy indeed with the nice lasercut front, anodized internals and hand sleeved sata cables. The owner said the website will be up shortly and he said he will be doing some business with custom builds (top of the top line basically).

Damn, that's a sweet looking rig - very clean. I love the all matte black internals too.

Thats how a case should be. Clean, cool metal, absolutely perfect. It doesn't need 50 million lights, fan grills or plastic jet scoop to look good.

To me, this is glaring opposite of all those fugly riced out thermaltake cases.

I'm not on the XS forums, but someone pass along my congratulations on a beautiful build to the owner of that case.

Is that a retail system, or a custom one-off

did one hell of a job on the inside

Props

"If Satan, Hitler, Saddam, Bush and Osama had a big gay orgy, the birth child of that orgy would be the most horrible thing ever conceived(yes, even worse then Ben Aflek), that child is EA."

The most true statement of the day Droc

Is that a retail system, or a custom one-off

did one hell of a job on the inside

Props

"If Satan, Hitler, Saddam, Bush and Osama had a big gay orgy, the birth child of that orgy would be the most horrible thing ever conceived(yes, even worse then Ben Aflek), that child is EA."

The most true statement of the day Droc

A full custom one-off build. The front is a lasercutting marvel.

Wow nice and smooth, nothing like a good looking water setup.

Pretty damn beautiful, that's for sure.

Pretty damn restrictive, too. And even if his D5 was reversed to flow the opposite way, pretty much every 90* (mitre :() elbow could have been removed. He's using Tygon anyway, so no worries about kinks either. Sure it looks pretty, but I see the ugliness of so much unfulfilled performance. I count 6 (effective) 90* mitre elbows, and I don't completely understand what's going on with some of the tubing runs - if the vertical branch of the D5 (intake?) T-line going up to the top is the T-line bleeding site, then I presume the bottom section T-branch not going to the PA 120.2 is a drain port. If both of my hypothesis are correct, then why the hell not use the other branch of the T-line that would produce much less restriction. Impressive and complex for sure - but definitely room for improvement.

Pretty damn beautiful, that's for sure.

Pretty damn restrictive, too. And even if his D5 was reversed to flow the opposite way, pretty much every 90* (mitre :() elbow could have been removed. He's using Tygon anyway, so no worries about kinks either. Sure it looks pretty, but I see the ugliness of so much unfulfilled performance. I count 6 (effective) 90* mitre elbows, and I don't completely understand what's going on with some of the tubing runs - if the vertical branch of the D5 (intake?) T-line going up to the top is the T-line bleeding site, then I presume the bottom section T-branch not going to the PA 120.2 is a drain port. If both of my hypothesis are correct, then why the hell not use the other branch of the T-line that would produce much less restriction. Impressive and complex for sure - but definitely room for improvement.

My guess is the 90's were done for asthetics mostly. But it's just restrictive and anothing point of possible leak/faulure IRL.

I'll take one though replacing Tygon is not big deal :)

Notice on the first pic, the owner SiNiSon, said "Shh..."

I saw this on XS as well and was like OMG.

ooohhh pretty... but what are the colling benchmarks like under a full load?

I don't get the flow of the loop......

1. Why the T off the pump output?
2. Why the T below the pump; seems like it would be very hard to fill

Just don't think the loop order makes much sense and is hurting performance more than the 90's.

I don't get the flow of the loop......

1. Why the T off the pump output?
2. Why the T below the pump; seems like it would be very hard to fill

Just don't think the loop order makes much sense and is hurting performance more than the 90's.

Yes it does not make much sense, The top T is for the Fillport, but even if the flow is reversed it does not make much sense and would restrict flow.

T-Lines FTW! lol, good for more cramped cases, but that is one very clean look in that tj07

Guys.....
Please, think about this.
Every detail in the murderbox is for aesthetics.

Maybe even the water cooling - maybe, you think???

I certainly don't think that it would look as cool with a HSF.

And that is one frickin' cool rig.:D

1.) Even if that's a thermochill radiator the cooling performance would be easily rivaled, if not surpassed, but some decent Air cooling would do the job just as well and just as quiet (2 fans on radiator vs a fan for CPU and a fan for an 8800GTX heatsink).

2.) A good camera, good angles, and photoshop do wonders.

3.) It looks like a good build, but to me thats form over function.

4.) 90* joints are a terrible idea. If you have to use them to make the build clean, then get a different case and do a proper watercooling setup.

5.) People use watercooling for cooling performance, not so it looks good. Who in their right mind is willing to run water through their machine simply for it to look clean?

1) ya but water looks cooler

2) they said what they used (nikon 40 witha 28mm lense and 1 lamp), with a seamless backdrop, not every photographer need PS to make their pics look good beleive it or not, infact very few people who know what their doing, dont use PS at all for post processing

3) Def is more about looks then anything else

4)I thought the same, how is it affecting performance, perhaps it is not enough of a hit to ruin the cooling, especially if they arent going for high end cooling, but more just looks.

5) Alot of people,and they are in their right mind, how many people like body kits on their cars without a top end engine? i would do water cooling for looks, it looks good, i like how it looks, the silence from it, sometimes people like looks..... personal preference, idont want big bulky black, or white fans.

Yeah... I did, and that right there is attention to details...

Regardless of performance, that is one beautifully executed build, I really, really like it....

Looks good but it would suck if you had to unplug it then trace back all the wires to make sure they go in the right spot.

I would still take this over air cooling anyday. Water is more efficient than air, just because there are the same number of fans does not mean much at all!

I wouldn't surprised if that loop cools better than air, but mainly it should be cooling much quieter than air.

And about the whole elbows and T-lines business: Hell yes, it looks pretty cool. Some of the routing arrangements just don't make much sense, especially the T-line on the bottom. Basically, it could have been done better with a couple slight changes, but that would have changed the look, to be fair.

Dethred said:
3.) It looks like a good build, but to me thats form over function.
Sure, and what's wrong with that. Still, that loop should have enough flow to cool better than air, at the very least on the GTX. Then again, you also believe:

Dethred said:
5.) People use watercooling for cooling performance, not so it looks good. Who in their right mind is willing to run water through their machine simply for it to look clean?
<---- I'm not in my right mind then, I guess? Please, keep ignorant remarks like this to yourself. Ever been to a LAN with any water cooled tower? Noticed how many people happen to spend a lot of time hanging around that area? Water can look awesome, and to the uneducated, the danger of having a computer filled with water and even transporting it easily beats a great air cooled OC that no one sees unless they're bragging.

Water cooling can be for looks, silence, OCing, and/or just for the hell of it. This rig clearly focuses on 1 (and likely 2), and that's perfectly fine. Water cooling has spread to a lot more areas, and more built to order systems like this one should be water cooled with something more than a Bigwater or Exos.

I wouldn't surprised if that loop cools better than air, but mainly it should be cooling much quieter than air.

How would it be quieter? You are missing a fan on the GPU and the CPU, but you have two fans on the radiator instead... A Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme would at least match the cooling on a rig with a video card and Quad core (assuming its a Quad) in the same loop with a 2x120mm radiator.

And about the whole elbows and T-lines business: Hell yes, it looks pretty cool. Some of the routing arrangements just don't make much sense, especially the T-line on the bottom. Basically, it could have been done better with a couple slight changes, but that would have changed the look, to be fair.

The 90* elbows must kill the flow in that loop, sure it looks better, but my point is that its paying too much attention to looks instead of performance. You use a PC, you don't stare at it.

Sure, and what's wrong with that. Still, that loop should have enough flow to cool better than air, at the very least on the GTX. Then again, you also believe:

Considering its a full cover block in a loop with the CPU and a 2x120mm radiator, I am sure an HR-03 Plus would at the very least come pretty close to the same performance without the risk of a leak.

<---- I'm not in my right mind then, I guess? Please, keep ignorant remarks like this to yourself. Ever been to a LAN with any water cooled tower? Noticed how many people happen to spend a lot of time hanging around that area? Water can look awesome, and to the uneducated, the danger of having a computer filled with water and even transporting it easily beats a great air cooled OC that no one sees unless they're bragging.

Ignorant remarks? Oh the irony:rolleyes:. You're basically saying that a cool looking water cooled rig is worth the high cost, mediocre performance (when configured poorly), just so people hang around you at LANs? Thats simply stupid. You summed up my point, this is solely for looks. Why even use working parts if you're just going to look at it all day? PC's aren't meant to be looked at all day, they're meant to be used.

Water cooling can be for looks, silence, OCing, and/or just for the hell of it. This rig clearly focuses on 1 (and likely 2), and that's perfectly fine. Water cooling has spread to a lot more areas, and more built to order systems like this one should be water cooled with something more than a Bigwater or Exos.

Effective watercooling is hardly ever quieter than good air cooling. All that time and money was spent on getting people to drool over it in forums. Wow, its totally worth the effort to have a poorly designed watercooling system just so people you've never met will give you "props" Like I said, it looks cool, but when it comes down to pressing the power button and using the thing, it looks like it would fall short in everything but looks.

How many hours a day do you spend looking at your machine as opposed to using it?

Dethred, maybe jealousy made you say those comments ??

If you want just aircooling, then go away from the WC forum and stfu.

Now for your comments :

How would it be quieter? You are missing a fan on the GPU and the CPU, but you have two fans on the radiator instead... A Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme would at least match the cooling on a rig with a video card and Quad core (assuming its a Quad) in the same loop with a 2x120mm radiator.

It can be quiet since you don't really need high CFM to work. only 30-50 CFM top is pretty quiet and a rheobus will help further.

The 90* elbows must kill the flow in that loop, sure it looks better, but my point is that its paying too much attention to looks instead of performance. You use a PC, you don't stare at it.

It looks like it's murder to use *any* elbow or t-fitting. Actually, it might impact the flow but it's not excessive compared to a righ which watercool not just the CPU/GPU but also the NB/SB/mosfets and sometime RAM and this setup will have less flow.

Also, the D-Tek Fuzion block used there is the least restrictive of all blocks so you can afford some elbows without issues. In that particular loop, it's not everywhere, only in some strategical places.
In this particular case, the bottom T fitting seems to be for a drain port ;)

Considering its a full cover block in a loop with the CPU and a 2x120mm radiator, I am sure an HR-03 Plus would at the very least come pretty close to the same performance without the risk of a leak.

I agree it can perform as well but the issue is that you need airflow for the heatsink to work and that's where it lose against a watercooling setup.

Ignorant remarks? Oh the irony. You're basically saying that a cool looking water cooled rig is worth the high cost, mediocre performance (when configured poorly), just so people hang around you at LANs? Thats simply stupid. You summed up my point, this is solely for looks. Why even use working parts if you're just going to look at it all day? PC's aren't meant to be looked at all day, they're meant to be used.

And a WC setup is also meant to be used. Take mine as example : I can run my CPU at 3.6 GHz and my 8800GTS at 675/2000 without seeing both temps hover above 48C (44C for CPU top) while being very quiet if I unplug the memory cooler.

Effective watercooling is hardly ever quieter than good air cooling. All that time and money was spent on getting people to drool over it in forums. Wow, its totally worth the effort to have a poorly designed watercooling system just so people you've never met will give you "props" Like I said, it looks cool, but when it comes down to pressing the power button and using the thing, it looks like it would fall short in everything but looks.

How many hours a day do you spend looking at your machine as opposed to using it?

Well, everyone have priorities. If you think it's a waste, just go away from the WC forum and stfu once more. It's not better than those who like to tweak cars and waste money to gain some HP, which is useless due to the limits imposed by the government.

Honestly, your comments is really useless here.

I really like the mesh looking SATA cables. Anyone know what kind they are or where to get them?

That's a sick looking case. So clean. I think the name "murderbox" alone makes it amazing, haha.

How the hell did he sleeve the 24-Pin?

Used a tool to pull each pin from the molex connector individually, split the cable up in to its component wires, opened the PSU so the sleeving could go all the way in to it and be properly attached, sleeved each wire and used the same tool to re-insert all the contacts in to the molex connector. Not difficult so much as very time-consuming.

Used a tool to pull each pin from the molex connector individually, split the cable up in to its component wires, opened the PSU so the sleeving could go all the way in to it and be properly attached, sleeved each wire and used the same tool to re-insert all the contacts in to the molex connector. Not difficult so much as very time-consuming.

How long would that take? And any idea where there would be a link to see this process in action via pictures or whatever?

Back