Crysis Screen shots..nothing else 56k no

sl3000gt94

Limp Gawd
Ok lets make this a Crysis screenshot thread.
No BS about this and that just post up what you think looks nice. All these are with custom Very high tweak all running at 30fps or higher.
All custom MP IA maps from Crymod

Crysis-2007-12-10-22-54-43-81.jpg

Crysis-2007-12-10-22-51-58-58.jpg

Crysis-2007-12-10-22-41-42-86.jpg

Crysis-2007-12-10-22-34-01-12.jpg

Crysis-2007-12-10-22-33-53-33.jpg

Crysis-2007-12-10-22-30-35-80.jpg

Crysis-2007-12-10-21-51-07-17.jpg

Crysis-2007-12-10-21-40-34-43.jpg

Crysis-2007-12-10-21-19-42-78.jpg

Crysis-2007-12-10-21-58-14-19.jpg

Crysis-2007-12-09-01-31-13-06.jpg

Crysis-2007-12-09-01-30-49-75.jpg

Crysis-2007-12-09-01-30-41-66.jpg

I dont care what anyone says, Crysis is absolutely beautiful.

31pa4.jpg

27xx1.jpg

30rc0.jpg

CrysisWallSS.jpg

Jungle1.jpg

attachmentoa5.jpg

attachmentlv8.jpg

001%20copy.jpg

crysis1.jpg

(Note: quite a few of these were taken from within the editor at 3200x2400 res, but then downsized. And yes, these are all levels that shipped with the game.)

Very nice Hamidxa. What frame rates do you get with the game looking that good. What res do you play normally ?

Haaay, what're all these photographs doing in a Crysis thread?

Well played good sir. :D

Very nice Hamidxa. What frame rates do you get with the game looking that good. What res do you play normally ?

I normally dont play at the res you see in most of those pics, I dont think anyone does :p

I do however play at:

1600x1200
2xedge AA
Most settings on HIGH (shadows=med, Post--Proc = Med, everything else = high)
Sunshafts enabled
3D waves enabled
parallax occlussion mapping enabled (when the mood strikes me)
16x AF

Here's how it typically looks and performs for me most of the time (this was taken by me last night in fact):
001%20copy.jpg

So, about 30-31 FPS average at my settings.
Mins dip to 20 (RARELY)
Highs peak at ~ 60 FPS (also pretty rare)

90% of the time the game stays ~ 30 FPS range though. :)

yeah, if the jungle was 300 degrees.
that doesn't look realistic at all. too much.

people cry when it doesnt look like what they advertised a year ago and cry when someone makes one that looks like it.

cause we ALL know its IMPOSSIBLE for a jungle to look that humid EVER. Christ even really hot and humid days in PA have been that steamy looking.

yup, not even playing the demo untill a card comes out that can actually run it

I upgraded from an evga 7950 gt ko and it was playing crysis fairly smooth... its only when you start cranking the settings up you need the higher cards

To the original OP, lower your brightness and contrast levels. That would make for a much crisper picture. :D

yup, not even playing the demo untill a card comes out that can actually run it

:rolleyes:

8800GT, 8800GTX, 8800 Ultra, have no problems running it on HIGH, with very smooth framerates.

The perpetuation of this myth/fabrication/fallacy that nothing can run it well currently needs to be abated.

30-40 FPS average on HIGH with the aforementioned cards, whilst dipping rarely into the low 20's, mostly 30 range though...what else do you want?

here is what i am using

-- [Game-Configuration]
-- Attention: This file is re-generated by the system! Editing is not recommended!

cl_bob = 1
cl_invertController = 0
cl_invertMouse = 0
cl_sensitivity = 45
cl_voice_volume = 1
dt_enable = 0
g_blood = 1
g_buddyMessagesIngame = 1
g_displayIgnoreList = 1
g_enableAlternateIronSight = 0
g_PSTutorial_Enabled = 1
g_quickGame_map = "multiplayer/ia/armada"
g_quickGame_min_players = 1
g_quickGame_mode = "InstantAction"
g_quickGame_prefer_favorites = 1
g_quickGame_prefer_lan = 1
g_quickGame_prefer_mycountry = 1
g_startFirstTime = 0
hud_crosshair = 6
hud_showAllObjectives = 0
hud_subtitles = 0
i_forcefeedback = 1
i_mouse_smooth = 0
net_enable_voice_chat = 1
r_Brightness = 0.5
r_Contrast = 0.5
r_Fullscreen = 1
r_Gamma = 1
r_Height = 1024
r_Width = 1280
s_DialogVolume = 1
s_MusicVolume = 1
s_SFXVolume = 1
sys_spec_GameEffects = 3
sys_spec_ObjectDetail = 3
sys_spec_Particles = 2
sys_spec_Physics = 2
sys_spec_PostProcessing = 2
sys_spec_Shading = 2
sys_spec_Shadows = 2
sys_spec_Sound = 4
sys_spec_Texture = 3
sys_spec_VolumetricEffects = 2
sys_spec_Water = 2

---HDR---
r_HDRRendering = 3
r_HDRLevel = 1.5
r_HDRBrightOffset = 12.0f
r_HDRBrightThreshold = 4.0f

---BUDGETING---

sys_budget_sysmem = 2048
sys_budget_videomem = 512
sys_budget_numdrawcalls = 3000
sys_budget_frametime = 80
r_MutliGPU = 1

---CONFIG---

i_giveallitems = 1
i_unlimitedammo=1
i_noweaponlimit=1
r_DepthOfField=3
r_MotionBlur=2
r_sunshafts = 1
r_Beams = 3
r_BeamsDistFactor = 0.1
r_BeamsMaxSlices = 100
r_UseNormals = 1
e_vegetation_bending = 2
e_particles_quality = 3
e_particles_max_emitter_draw_screen = 16 e_particles_lod = 1
r_UseSoftParticles=1
e_water_ocean_soft_particles = 1
e_particles_object_collisions = 1
e_foliage_wind_activation_dist = 50
g_breakage_particles_limit = 200
e_cull_veg_activation = 50
g_joint_breaking = 1
g_tree_cut_reuse_dist = 0
p_max_MC_iters = 5000
e_phys_foliage = 2
es_MaxPhysDist = 50
es_MaxPhysDistInvisible = 15
e_phys_ocean_cell = 0.5
p_max_object_splashes = 30
p_splash_dist0 = 7
p_splash_dist1 = 30
p_splash_force0 = 10
p_splash_force1 = 100
p_splash_vel0 = 4.5
p_splash_vel1 = 10
r_DepthOfField = 1
r_colorgrading = 1
r_GlowScreenMultiplier = 0.2
r_WaterGodRays = 1
q_ShaderGeneral = 2
q_ShaderMetal = 3
q_ShaderGlass = 3
q_ShaderVegetation = 3
q_ShaderIce = 3
q_ShaderTerrain = 3
q_ShaderShadow = 3
q_ShaderFX = 3
q_ShaderPostProcess = 3
q_ShaderHDR = 3
q_ShaderSky = 3
q_Renderer = 3
r_LightsSinglePass = 0
r_ShadowBlur= 3
r_ShadowJittering = 1
r_WaterRefractions = 1
r_WaterReflections = 1
r_WaterUpdateFactor = 0.5
e_water_tesselation_amount = 10
e_water_tesselation_swath_width = 10
r_WaterUpdateDistance = 1
r_WaterCaustics = 1
r_WaterReflectionsQuality = 3
e_water_ocean_fft = 1
q_ShaderWater = 2
r_WaterReflectionsMinVisiblePixelsUpdate = 1 sys_spec_Quality = 3 e_sky_type = 1 e_sky_update_rate = 1 r_DetailTextures = 1 r_DetailNumLayers = 1 r_DetailDistance = 10 r_useedgeAA = 2 r_refraction = 1 e_ram_maps = 1 sys_flash_edgeaa = 1 e_vegetation_use_terrain_color = 1 e_terrain_ao = 1 e_terrain_normal_map = 1 e_max_entity_lights = 14 r_UsePom = 1 r_EnvTexUpdateInterval = 0.5 r_TexturesFilteringQuality = 1 r_HairSortingQuality = 1 r_FillLights = 14 e_particles_lights = 1

Thanks. I've been collecting configs. My system runs the game fine using the standard settings, but I know I can get a lot more out of it. I like to look at something that's been put to use in addition to the standard big list of variables.

8800GT, 8800GTX, 8800 Ultra, have no problems running it on HIGH, with very smooth framerates.

The perpetuation of this myth/fabrication/fallacy that nothing can run it well currently needs to be abated.

30-40 FPS average on HIGH with the aforementioned cards, whilst dipping rarely into the low 20's, mostly 30 range though...what else do you want?

i'm with you. i have an 8800gtx playing the game at 1920x1200 with a tweaked config. most settings though are on high and very high. i found a nice mix that made it look great and it plays great. i did have some areas that dipped a little bit, but for the most part i had no issues playing the game and enjoying it.

i did try running the game on a 7800gt with an athlon xp 4400+ and it chugged a bit, but you're right, all the talk about nothing being able to run it needs to stop..it may not run at 60fps, but it certainly is playable and enjoyable

sl3000gt94, those pics in your first post, is that a custom map? I tried using the settings you posted on the second page. I loaded up the game and it doesn't even look like the pics you posted in your first post.

System in sig.

I find the game unplayable with everything on high (except post processing) with no custom config. It was mainly 30-40 but it sometimes sort of froze for a mili second, maybe the word im looking for is chugged. As if I don't have enough memory and it has to relocate some quick to render the next scene, it was super annoying, I can't find myslef playing it anymore.

Um, I guess you are not too far off, I want some AA.
25-30fps with very high custom config is pretty decent I guess, it still feels a bit choppy.

sl3000gt94, those pics in your first post, is that a custom map? I tried using the settings you posted on the second page. I loaded up the game and it doesn't even look like the pics you posted in your first post.

Yea on crymod.com they are the Jungle and Condemned MP maps

just out of curiosity... can you play 3rd person on this game for the entire story?

i'm with you. i have an 8800gtx playing the game at 1920x1200 with a tweaked config. most settings though are on high and very high. i found a nice mix that made it look great and it plays great. i did have some areas that dipped a little bit, but for the most part i had no issues playing the game and enjoying it.

i did try running the game on a 7800gt with an athlon xp 4400+ and it chugged a bit, but you're right, all the talk about nothing being able to run it needs to stop..it may not run at 60fps, but it certainly is playable and enjoyable

Exactly.

Um, I guess you are not too far off, I want some AA.
25-30fps with very high custom config is pretty decent I guess, it still feels a bit choppy.

Who says you can't have AA?

Here we go again, for the dozenth time.

Do not try to enable AA from the game's menu.
Do not try to enable AA from the control panel.

Instead, enable edge AA by adding the line:
r_useedgeaa=2

to a system.cfg file in the Crysis root directory.

Not only will all objects look less jaggy, but it will also make trees look much better, and it's virtually free AA in terms of performance. :)

System in sig.

I find the game unplayable with everything on high (except post processing) with no custom config. It was mainly 30-40 but it sometimes sort of froze for a mili second, maybe the word im looking for is chugged. As if I don't have enough memory and it has to relocate some quick to render the next scene, it was super annoying, I can't find myslef playing it anymore.

Why doesnt it surprise me.
Ive only ever really heard of Opteron owners complaining about performance.

Dump the CPU, get a C2D/Quad.

Looks nice, tempted to upgrade my x1900xt.

But at the same time, don't feel like playing the technology game this time around.

High end cards are getting about 30 fps. Thats terrible. Think I'll wait.

Mabye for MP, but as you get into the SP, you'll be lucky to see your fps get past 30 even with most setting on med. on an 8800GT.

Mabye for MP, but as you get into the SP, you'll be lucky to see your fps get past 30 even with most setting on med. on an 8800GT.

BS. :rolleyes:
crysisspd_g_02.gif

Ive also posted pics here on numerous occassions which show evidence to the contrary. Here are some of them taken specifically during action sequences with lots of enemies on-screen and during shootouts, to prove a point to another member who argued that framerates dip into the single-digits in those scenarios. BS on him, and BS to you.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1246785&page=6

You are the quintessential type of misinformed person.
Passing your opinion off as a absolute fact in light of contradictory evidence, and thus perpetuating the performance myths surrounding Crysis. :rolleyes:

someone please PM me the perfect config for me. My rig is in my sig. i wanna stay dx10 for multiplayer. thanks!

someone please PM me the perfect config for me. My rig is in my sig. i wanna stay dx10 for multiplayer. thanks!

Id recommend DX9 for better performance.
Besides, DX9 can be tweaked to more or less look like DX10.
It won't capture the exact look of DX10, but it will come close, and more importantly run better.

Looks nice, tempted to upgrade my x1900xt.

But at the same time, don't feel like playing the technology game this time around.

High end cards are getting about 30 fps. Thats terrible. Think I'll wait.

I'm in the same boat. I have an X1900XT and while I'd want to play Crysis at some better frame rates, all the other games I play are perfectly fine.

Id recommend DX9 for better performance.
Besides, DX9 can be tweaked to more or less look like DX10.
It won't capture the exact look of DX10, but it will come close, and more importantly run better.

yeah but dx10 multiplayer is where its at...

Back