EVGA "Lifetime Warranty" Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbeemer

Limp Gawd
I'd been a happy user of Asus video cards (and other Asus products) for several years. They offer a 3 year warranty, which is about right. But because of the buzz on this forum about the lifetime warranty EVGA offers, when I made the jump to a 8800 GTX last April, I got the EVGA.

I generally register the products I get, especially the expensive ones, if I can do it online. I tried with EVGA and got stuck on the "email verification" which never came back. So I spaced on it.

Now, a mere 7 months after getting the EVGA card, it failed. So I went to the EVGA web site to get an RMA, and I discovered that I needed to register within 30 days for the lifetime warranty to be valid. Where the hell did it say that? On the web site if you look for it, no doubt, but I never remember seeing anything like this on the box.

So now I have a failed card, with only a few months remaining on the 1 year warranty they offer if you miss your 30 day registration window. 1 year.

Think the Asus 3 year real warranty is a better deal. Especially since I've never had an Asus video card fail.

So the warning is: better rethink the "lifetime warranty" EVGA touts. It's sort of a bait and switch because it turns out to be really hard to actually register it. The process gets stuck, emails (which it says to send if you don't get the confirmation email) aren't answered, and it takes days from card failure to getting an RMA so you can send it in.

The Asus (and I expect most others) turns out to be a better, more realistic, less dishonest warranty.

Edit starts here -------------------------------------------------------------

This has been resolved in my favor by Joe Darwin from EVGA. I retract the negative speculation, as it now appears to me that EVGA is trying to offer a better deal, especially to enthusiasts, and while there may be some rough spots in the process, they are trying to get it right

A full retraction has been posted at the current end of this thread, here:
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1031936766&postcount=104

get on the phone with them and explain it to them. they are very cool about these kinds of things.

get on the phone with them and explain it to them. they are very cool about these kinds of things.

I did. I was told that they "had to do that because people were selling their cards and the non original purchasers were trying to claim the warranty." But since EVGA insists on having the original purchase receipt, which is going to identify the original purchaser, or they won't honor the RMA, this is clearly untrue. It's more like how the insurance companies try to scam away legitimate claims on flimsy technicalities.

i think it's just you, plus it's kinda ur fault for lagging on it...and wait 7 months later....

i love EVGA, RMA through them was always a very easy and pleasant experience for me.

I agree the 30 day things is stupid. If they need to verify you're the original owner then submit a copy or image of your receipt to them.

I think the 30 day thing is just for discounts on the advanced RMA and step up programs, you should be able to register and do a regular RMA at any time.

*shrug* Printed on the manual that came with my 7900GS EVGA stated "1 year warranty, lifetime if registered" (paraphrase). When I saw that, I registered that day, everything went through fine. Frankly, it was the first piece of hardware I ever registered, and since then I check the warranty stipulations on any other hardware purchases I make.

Yeah, their website might state that, but EVGA doesnt care. You should have no problem RMAing your card and having a lifetime warranty.

There's a big yellow sheet in the box that says Register within 30 days or you're limited to a 1 year warranty... At least, there was in mine.

There's a big yellow sheet in the box that says Register within 30 days or you're limited to a 1 year warranty... At least, there was in mine.

Same here. I think mine was orange?????

If I got "stuck" during registering the first thing I would do is email them or re-register. You filled out all the needed crap and decided that not getting verification was fine? :rolleyes:

Same here. I think mine was orange?????

If I got "stuck" during registering the first thing I would do is email them or re-register. You filled out all the needed crap and decided that not getting verification was fine? :rolleyes:

No big yellow, orange or whatever card. I just tried to register online because it's easy to do (usually) and a good idea. Both the first time last April, and this time last week I got to the point where they required me to respond to an email which never came. This time I also sent a separate email because I *needed* to register in order to get my card fixed, and that was not answered, ever.

So I called them Tuesday morning (the card failed Friday) and got the phone number run around. Once I finally got to someone I was "manually" registered, with no comment on the unanswered email, as if this was exactly what was expected. Late that day I got the RMA, so now today, Wednesday, I can finally send it it. 5 days of delay from card failure, just to send the thing in. I've had hard disks fail and got them RMA'd and sent in the same day.

So I don't know for sure, but I strongly suspect they just bounce first attempts to register, just to save money by ducking out of their "lifetime" warranty, and switch to the 1 year warranty. Bait and switch.

Would anyone not really try hard to get it registered if they knew not doing it would void the warranty? Which is really the point of my post, to give warning about this.

Now I'm elaborating because of course there are people who have had better luck and feel compelled to come to the defense of EVGA. I don't blame them but the fact stands, I got screwed and left with a 1 year warranty on a piece of gear that needs a longer one.

So I'm saying, the more standard, more honest 3 year warranty you get from Asus, etc., that does not have small print warning you to register within 30 days or loose the warranty, is a better deal. And clearly it's more honest.

I'm old fashioned that way: I really don't like handing my money over to a company that has dishonest policies. Fool me once, etc.

Ive bought several cards from EVGA and registered every one of them, never had any issue with email verification.

Ive bought several cards from EVGA and registered every one of them, never had any issue with email verification.
+1, same here. Maybe you should check your e-mail settings ;).
I just started my step up program too (oh, note, I was easily able to register this card online). Once I hit the final "submit" button, I got the e-mail in probably 30 seconds or so.
Also, again, it's your own fault that you didn't persue it further in the first place; not eVGA's. If you're to lazy to follow up on an issue when registering, perhaps you shouldn't be getting the lifetime warranty. There's also, I think, at least 2 eVGA reps on this board you could've contacted if you're even too lazy to pick up the phone and call...

Honestly, if you're going to bitch about the speed of things, you again only have yourself to blame. Why didn't you just pick up the phone and call in the first place? It's always, ALWAYS speedier to talk to people rather than rely on slow e-mail communication.

I agree the 30 day things is stupid. If they need to verify you're the original owner then submit a copy or image of your receipt to them.

I hate that too. I can't keep track of receipts to save my life. Thus all my warranties for my three EVGA motherboards and three EVGA video cards (Actually I just found the receipts for my video cards) are pretty much no good now. Personally I can't stand having to register with the company in order to activate warranties. The serial number should be good enough. Especially on a board that is billed as having a "Lifetime" warranty. This also means that I can't take advantage of the upgrade program.

OK this morning I went to the storeroom and pulled out the 8800 GTX carton. Yes, it does say on the box and in the little user's manual that there is a lifetime warranty. No, it does not say you need to register to get it, either within 30 days, or at any time. There IS the standard, "Why should you register?" blurb, but nothing at all about needing to register in order to get the lifetime warranty. Just that if it's a retail product, you get the lifetime warranty, check web site for details. Also, no yellow cards. I would have noticed, but I double checked.

If people have been able to do the initial "account" since the "lifetime warranty" freeze went into effect last year, then well and good. But if you can't you are locked out. It will not let you register again, it will not let you get into your account, which was created but frozen until you give the response code.

My email does not throw spam away, it puts it into a trash folder which I keep for several months. I do this for business reasons. The dog did not eat their email response.

In trying to phone tech support, there are a bunch of number options, but none that will let you speak to a human unless you have something called "Custom Support" or something like that. After several unsuccessful attempts, I finally hit the selection for "Custom Support" and was asked to punch in the first digit of my (non existent) support registration number. Since it asked for only 1 digit, I just punched "3" and the computer connected me to a person. From that point on, the two people I talked to were great, and I was helped.

The point being, it seems EVGA is - from my experience - geared to make it difficult for people to get the warranty they advertise on the box. If you have inside knowledge that you have to jump through hoops, to persist, to wend your way through their call filter computer, then you will do that because it's a $560 investment and you want to keep it.

But if you don't know this, and from the package documentation there is no way that you could know it, non existent red or orange or yellow cards notwithstanding, then you are likely to not persist, and you get screwed. This how scams like this work. It's a numbers game and the more people they can blow away, the better for their profit line. Old insurance company trick.

If there are EVGA reps here, I'd like to hear from them. If it turns out that my case is a fluke, not SOP and they can prove it by admitting I was not warned (perhaps my packaging was from before the changeover and now the do give the warning - but I still have the packaging to prove mine did not), and can have EVGA reset my warranty to the lifetime one I expected - then I will cheerfully admit they did the right thing. I'll even edit the OP to say so.

But I'm not holding my breath. As the EVGA tech I talked to yesterday said, "Well I agree with you, but I don't make the business decisions."

Based on their forum, people that raze hell about getting stuck in odd situations get quick personal responses from the guys that can make it happen.

These are usually warranties that can easily be turned down (like buying from a vendor that isn't on their approved list), but the customer service guys take care of them.

No big yellow, orange or whatever card. I just tried to register online because it's easy to do (usually) and a good idea. Both the first time last April, and this time last week I got to the point where they required me to respond to an email which never came. This time I also sent a separate email because I *needed* to register in order to get my card fixed, and that was not answered, ever.

So I called them Tuesday morning (the card failed Friday) and got the phone number run around. Once I finally got to someone I was "manually" registered, with no comment on the unanswered email, as if this was exactly what was expected. Late that day I got the RMA, so now today, Wednesday, I can finally send it it. 5 days of delay from card failure, just to send the thing in. I've had hard disks fail and got them RMA'd and sent in the same day.

So I don't know for sure, but I strongly suspect they just bounce first attempts to register, just to save money by ducking out of their "lifetime" warranty, and switch to the 1 year warranty. Bait and switch.

Would anyone not really try hard to get it registered if they knew not doing it would void the warranty? Which is really the point of my post, to give warning about this.

Now I'm elaborating because of course there are people who have had better luck and feel compelled to come to the defense of EVGA. I don't blame them but the fact stands, I got screwed and left with a 1 year warranty on a piece of gear that needs a longer one.

So I'm saying, the more standard, more honest 3 year warranty you get from Asus, etc., that does not have small print warning you to register within 30 days or loose the warranty, is a better deal. And clearly it's more honest.

I'm old fashioned that way: I really don't like handing my money over to a company that has dishonest policies. Fool me once, etc.
I registered my card without incident. I think there's a eVGA rep on this very forum who is always willing to help out whenever there are RMA issues.

They weren't cool with me. They told me people would call me back who didn't and ignored all my emails when I started a new job and the purchasing dept couldn't find the reciept for a 7900 with bad memory. It was only a few months old.

I registered my card without incident. I think there's a eVGA rep on this very forum who is always willing to help out whenever there are RMA issues.

Joe Darwin is very helpful. He does respond to PM's and E-Mails. He doesn't always get to you real fast, but he does get to you.

I had an issue with BIOS version P31 and he got me in touch with the right people.

OK this morning I went to the storeroom and pulled out the 8800 GTX carton. Yes, it does say on the box and in the little user's manual that there is a lifetime warranty. No, it does not say you need to register to get it, either within 30 days, or at any time. There IS the standard, "Why should you register?" blurb, but nothing at all about needing to register in order to get the lifetime warranty. Just that if it's a retail product, you get the lifetime warranty, check web site for details. Also, no yellow cards. I would have noticed, but I double checked.

If people have been able to do the initial "account" since the "lifetime warranty" freeze went into effect last year, then well and good. But if you can't you are locked out. It will not let you register again, it will not let you get into your account, which was created but frozen until you give the response code.

My email does not throw spam away, it puts it into a trash folder which I keep for several months. I do this for business reasons. The dog did not eat their email response.

In trying to phone tech support, there are a bunch of number options, but none that will let you speak to a human unless you have something called "Custom Support" or something like that. After several unsuccessful attempts, I finally hit the selection for "Custom Support" and was asked to punch in the first digit of my (non existent) support registration number. Since it asked for only 1 digit, I just punched "3" and the computer connected me to a person. From that point on, the two people I talked to were great, and I was helped.

The point being, it seems EVGA is - from my experience - geared to make it difficult for people to get the warranty they advertise on the box. If you have inside knowledge that you have to jump through hoops, to persist, to wend your way through their call filter computer, then you will do that because it's a $560 investment and you want to keep it.

But if you don't know this, and from the package documentation there is no way that you could know it, non existent red or orange or yellow cards notwithstanding, then you are likely to not persist, and you get screwed. This how scams like this work. It's a numbers game and the more people they can blow away, the better for their profit line. Old insurance company trick.

If there are EVGA reps here, I'd like to hear from them. If it turns out that my case is a fluke, not SOP and they can prove it by admitting I was not warned (perhaps my packaging was from before the changeover and now the do give the warning - but I still have the packaging to prove mine did not), and can have EVGA reset my warranty to the lifetime one I expected - then I will cheerfully admit they did the right thing. I'll even edit the OP to say so.

But I'm not holding my breath. As the EVGA tech I talked to yesterday said, "Well I agree with you, but I don't make the business decisions."

I am not a big fan at all of evga, but I think that in your case if you talk to a manager or something, they should be able to give you a lifetime warranty. I would just email people like Joe D (who by the way does not always email back like some say) or maybe pm the rep here and see what they can do. The hoops their putting you through is unnecessary and really serves no purpose but to screw their customers over.

You could try a nice P.M to RussionHaxor..... he Knows his stuff very well for EVGA.....

For the most part EVGA has a real good service...Ive never failed to register a card and ive even read of EVGA doing more than what id expect a company to do for customers...They take the time listen/care for a customer even those bad raging upset ones...If the complaint is ligit , it will be taken care of.....i dont believe in ranting bad on EVGA because an mail didnt go through or i didnt get on another PC to verify my registration!..You have a reciet you can probally still register,and would need too anyhow for the RMA process. By all means you can pick up a phone and talk to a Real EVGA person who definatly will listen to you..Ive called several numbers before ,,Stuff happens ..but by blowing your lid ,dosnt help in any way what so ever..

P.S. No RMA is fast..Some times there are simple road blocks that can be over come.
I own several EVGA and Bfg cards and i am happy with both thier services...

Cards i want WaterCool to Oc real good,I get with EVGA..

Cards i want as a plain Factory Oc stocker i go with Bfg.

I have registered my first EVGA card this week and it went smoothly. I had th email to confirm the registration a few seconds after registering and again for the product registration.

Agreed it is a bit of a pain to do so but it only takes a few minutes to sort these things out. If you are having problems within the first year should it not be going back to vendor?

I have owned several evga video cards and I have always received great customer service. I have never had any issues registering any of my video cards and customer service has always been very friendly and helpful to me. When I used to own a 7900GT KO SC video card it crapped out on me and then the rma they sent me went out several months later. Instead of sending me another 7900GT KO SC they sent me an 8800GTS 320 which in my opinion is above and beyond good customer service. Also, every time I have had to rma/step up shipping and customer service has been very fast and reliable. I just think that you might be getting a bad csr or something. But like others have said it all depends on who you talk to and what your attitude is when talking with them. Best of luck with your problems.

I've had EVGA cards in the past. I also RMA'd one card without incident. I think their warranty & service are fine.

To the OP. I think you are justified & deserving of the lifetime warranty. I think if you press EVGA, you will get the proper results. After reading your posts, you really have no one to blame but yourself. This is your investment & you are solely responsible for protecting your investment. You also give false information by saying it took 5 days to get the RMA instead of one. It took you 5 days to call EVGA so I doubt the delay is their fault. Sorry for the rant.

Never trusted the lifetimes. Had a friend pwned by PNY, they used to offer lifetimes. But it was the "lifetime of the product cycle" or some such bullshit. So whenever PNY determined they didn't want to stock spare cards for RMA's, the product's lifetime was ended, and so was your warranty.

I really liked BBA ATI's and policy's like you mentioned for ASUS, a set in stone 3years warranty over ambiguous lifetimes.

However; I had a BFG 6800 die a few years ago, it was an upgrade my Dad had bought me for birthday or xmas, can't remember which, crappy bday's 10day before xmas =(

Nonetheless, I didn't have a receipt, BFG still replaced it without a hitch, smooth process. I was impressed, paid a little more to have my 8800 to come from BFG, as well as recommend them to others.

All products have a chance to fail. There is nothing hugely special about ASUS cards over the others that make them significantly less prone to fail. Just because you haven't seen one fail in your sample size of 1-3, doesn't mean they don't. LOL

I'm sorry but this is completely your fault for not paying attention. Not all manufacturers offer the same thing so it is very important to READ. Letting 7 months slip by is ridiculous imo.
That being said, I have never had a problem with evga, their step-up program is amazing, and RMA service according to my roommate was great. He had a faulty fan, sent his card to them and they upgraded him to a faster card. Turn around was very quick. Good luck though, they are generally really good about their services.

I'm sorry but this is completely your fault for not paying attention. Not all manufacturers offer the same thing so it is very important to READ. Letting 7 months slip by is ridiculous imo.
That being said, I have never had a problem with evga, their step-up program is amazing, and RMA service according to my roommate was great. He had a faulty fan, sent his card to them and they upgraded him to a faster card. Turn around was very quick. Good luck though, they are generally really good about their services.
You've encapsulated my point perfectly: Pay attention to what, exactly? The box says lifetime warranty, the manual says lifetime warranty for retail purchases, which this was (bought it from Newegg).

Nowhere on either did it say anything about having to register within 30 days. In fact there was a blurb about benefits of registering, but it, too, said nothing about having to register - within 30 days or at any time limit - in order to receive the warranty.

It's like you took a job with health benefits and all was fine until you went to the hospital with an emergency appendectomy only to find that your HMO refuses treatment because you failed to go onto their web site and register yourself. How could you possibly know you needed to do this? Well it clearly states so on the web site.

As for those who are sticking up for what they consider to be good support from EVGA, that is not what this thread is about. Just like the HMO, the doctors can be the best in the world, but if the business behind it all has a policy of scamming as many people as possible out of access to it, then what good does it do you?

As I said, beware and be warned: If you buy EVGA you gotta get that reg in within 30 days, and they likely are going to put up some roadblocks to deflect you so be persistent. If you are just now deciding, I'd go with a more honest company like Asus and others mentioned here, who give you an honest 3 year warranty.

and they likely are going to put up some roadblocks to deflect you so be persistent

^^ :rolleyes:
Both my EVGA GTXs were registered the day I installed them. I can read and knew before hand because I need no hand holding.

You've encapsulated my point perfectly: Pay attention to what, exactly? The box says lifetime warranty, the manual says lifetime warranty for retail purchases, which this was (bought it from Newegg).

Nowhere on either did it say anything about having to register within 30 days. In fact there was a blurb about benefits of registering, but it, too, said nothing about having to register - within 30 days or at any time limit - in order to receive the warranty.

It's like you took a job with health benefits and all was fine until you went to the hospital with an emergency appendectomy only to find that your HMO refuses treatment because you failed to go onto their web site and register yourself. How could you possibly know you needed to do this? Well it clearly states so on the web site.

As for those who are sticking up for what they consider to be good support from EVGA, that is not what this thread is about. Just like the HMO, the doctors can be the best in the world, but if the business behind it all has a policy of scamming as many people as possible out of access to it, then what good does it do you?

As I said, beware and be warned: If you buy EVGA you gotta get that reg in within 30 days, and they likely are going to put up some roadblocks to deflect you so be persistent. If you are just now deciding, I'd go with a more honest company like Asus and others mentioned here, who give you an honest 3 year warranty.

Look here, you said it yourself.

Just that if it's a retail product, you get the lifetime warranty, check web site for details.

Why on earth didn't you contact evga when you couldn't register your card the first time? Instead you let it slide for 7 months, makes no sense to me. It is YOUR responsibility to understand what you purchase, whether it be a new car, health insurance or a video card. I wouldn't base the CS of a company on your inability to take action and understand what you are purchasing.

I've never had a single problem registering my cards from evga, and they even let you upload a scan of your receipt so that if anything happens they already have it. Sucks that you didn't follow the instructions but I guess you learned the hard way. :(

I still will only buy evga though, they've been nothing if not excellent for me.

MY brothers 8800GTS 320 came with that yellow piece of paper telling them to register it, bla bla bla.

They tell you to register the card, you KNEW that you had to register the card, something in the system f'ed up, so you lollygagged on it, HOW is any of that evga's fault, they cant help you because they don't know whats wrong.

Did evga not accommodate you when your card died?, Is the RMA process not going thru as it should?

Some people expect the world, then bitch anyways because they feel its not only their right but their duty to complain when something is even slightly off.

EVGA with the registration need to PROVE that the card that so and so want to step up with or RMA is legitimate, and so was the purchase of the card, and they make it known that if you don't do the above, they don't have to honor the warranty, but even when you didn't do what they asked, they still helped you, they could of been anal about it, but they weren't, how were you wronged? I am sure all of the above is mentioned on their site, even if their wasn't the yellow slip of paper in the box.

Indeed, the BUYER should be aware. I always, always research Warranty details before I purchase anything. And EVGA does have the 30 day registration up on their website and the little paper in the box saying you have 30 days to register to get lifetime warranty. I have had to RMA a card with them and it was pretty much painless. Not EVGA's responsibility to hand hold you to make sure you register your card. :rolleyes:

Linky http://www.evga.com/support/lifetime/

Please Note: As EVGA strives to honor the best limited lifetime warranty in the business we have made, and will continue to make, policy changes. Make sure you read this document carefully and check back for updates.
For our retail Graphics Card and Mainboard products purchased on or after June 22, 2005, EVGA will provide a limited lifetime warranty to the original purchaser of each retail product that the product will not suffer, in material or workmanship, from any defect that adversely affects the performance of the product. This limited lifetime warranty is valid for the life of the retail product, so long as the original purchaser owns the product, based upon the following conditions:
  • All EVGA Products purchased ON or AFTER November 1, 2006 MUST be registered within 30 days from ORIGINAL DATE OF PURCHASE to receive limited lifetime warranty. (All products not registered within 30 days will ONLY receive a 1 year limited warranty.)
  • Removal and or Defacing of Serial/Part number sticker(s) on ANY EVGA products WILL void ALL warranties.
  • ALL Defective products sent in for RMA replacement MUST INCLUDE A COPY OF THE ORIGINAL INVOICE / RECEIPT. (Products NOT including invoice/receipt will be returned to the customer at customer’s expense.)
  • Limited Lifetime Warranty is for all retail Graphics Card and Mainboard products ending in the part numbers A1, A3, AR, AX, BR*, BX*, DR, DX, FR, FX, SG, SL, or S2.
    * [Replacement products are shipped out as –BR or –BX and will carry the same limited lifetime warranty that your original purchase had based on your registration.]
  • All retail Graphics Card and Mainboard products ending in the part number K1 receive a limited 3 year warranty when registered within 30 days from ORIGINAL DATE OF PURCHASE.
  • There is no physical damage to the PCB, GPU/chipset, or components that are caused by: Damage due to improper installation, damage during modification of any kind, damage during any type of Aftermarket cooling installation, and water damage of any kind.
  • EVGA will cover all return shipping back to the customer for the RMA replacement with free ground shipping through UPS in the United States and free FedEX Ground shipping to Canadian Customers.*
*Shipping into Canada is sent through FedEX Ground as Standard shipping. All RMA replacements to Canada will state “Warranty Replacement” on the package to Canada to assist in avoiding any Brokerage Fee’s through Canadian customs. EVGA is NOT responsible for any fees charged by the Canadian government or brokers due to brokerage fees.

Yeah I know man. Some people think the world evolves around them. It always irritates me when I see idiots whining about how a company "wronged them" because THEY didnt bother to read the terms of agreement, warranty details, etc... after purchasing the product. How bought this, why dont you people read all the info inside the box, then go to the website and read all the info there before installing the damn thing. It is your responsibility to abide by THEIR RULES or you deserve to not have your warranty/step-up etc.... This goes for any product, any brand.

I think by now everyone knows that what might be said in big bold letters on their box, may not be as clearly defined as you think it is. Try not to make assumptions. This is why you go and read or make phone calls first...

And also, just so you know that new 30 day registration limit thing is somewhat new. How much you wanna bet the reason they implemented it is because of idiots trying to take advantage of them and costing them money? Example. Evga in the past year or so made it so you cannot unregister the card after you have registered it. You used to be able to do this, but no longer. Once you register the card, if you ever unregister it(ie try to sell it to someone else), you cannot re-register it again. Im sure many people were abusing this as well.

Bad example. You sir are whining. Stop whining & accept responsibility for your inaction. As some of us have stated, you can get the warranty you deserve. You need to get off your inactive ass and fight for what is yours. If you are unwilling to do so, it is your fault.

*feels proud that he went for an XFX*

yeah it seems that XFX is alot easier to get in contact with. The XFX dude on this board contacts me usually 24-36 hours after I PM him. he helped me out with some stuff, and said if I ever need any more help with the card, to PM him and he'd help me. (cant remember the guys name)

XFX FTW

just throwin my two cents when reading the OP.

If you bought a card for the warranty, and had trouble registering said warranty online, phone the company and get it resolved... i know you spaced on it, but like it's been said that is your fault.

If all they ask is that you register the product to get a lifetime warranty, that aint bad at all.

Anyhow, here's to hoping they get you taken care of. Happy customers are return customers, after all ;)

oh and just so you know dude, XFX and Evga, who both offer lifetime warranties, require registration. I'm pretty sure its a known fact.

Other thing is that you need to check the manufacturer you are buying from. it IS YOUR FAULT that you did not visit their website.

Before I bought my XFX i surfed over to their website and took a look at what they ahd to offer, card and warranty wise. by checking up on the manufacturer before I bought their product, i was able to know that I had to register it.

i mean, its like me going to buy a certain kind of car, but not checking into that company of the car before I buy the car. then I buy the car and i'm p[issed because theres somethin in it that I didnt know about it. that would be MY FAULT for NOT DOING MY RESEARCH.

so this is YOUR FAULT for NOT DOING YOUR REASEARCH.

stop whining.

Odd, my EVGA boxes all have big blue stickers on them in like 3 places on the inside that say..

"Please note if your product is not working properly DO NOT RETURN TO THE STORE EVGA OFFERS DIRECT CUSTOMER SERVICE. This product offers a limited Lifetime Warranty upon product registration within 30 days of the purchase date. Please register at www.evga.com/register before the 30 day expiration date."

....I've personally never had an issue with EVGA while RMA'ing a board, and I've never been anything but pleased with their customer service. But then again I rarely blame the company when I have a moron the line, I usually just call back and hope I get someone with some sense.

I have no problems with EVGA keeping folks from trying to RMA a second (or third) hand card if that means having to register after 30 days and providing proof of purchase to keep themselves from being victims of fraud, so be it.

I understand your frustration, (after dealing with BFG a few years ago on an RMA, I switched to EVGA and have not looked back), but I think you are lambasting a company that does not deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back