$295 LG GGC-H20L BLU-RAY HD-DVD Reader @ NCIX.com

Big D.

Gawd
ON SPECIAL UNTIL January 1, 2008! --> $239.99 (Thanks S-B)
BD-ROM 6X HD DVD-ROM 3X DVD+-RW 16X8X6 DL 4X

That's the regular price so it'll be even cheaper with any rebates. I don't wanna get one just yet since my PC's too far from my HD TV, but does anyone have any experience with a drive like this and could you tell me how this could be so cheap when Blu-ray readers are $600-900 and HD-DVD readers are usually $300+ also? What are the specs for those regular HD-DVD or Blu-ray players (stand-alone or for the PC) that cost a lot more? Are they much faster/better?

I grabbed one from newegg a couple weeks ago who currently have them in stock and seem to have had plenty, small price difference for great service...

I think NCIX gave a lot of people trouble when supplies were short, kind of iffy service.

I like the drive, performs fine, movies look amazing on my 56 in JVC HD-ILA. With powerdvd and a multichannel soundcard, you can even use an old analog receiver for the latest audio decoding, given the right inputs.

The biggest downside to this thing is using a computer in your setup brings a big bag of complexity, but if your patient enough to set everything up right, and don't mind an occasional hiccup, then you'll love the drive, and a computer can probably offer you better performance than any conventional audio/video setup that has a sane price tag.

All the problems I've run into have really been the fault of software vendors and hd-dvd/blu-ray makers... ok, and my own stupidity... but the drive has performed perfectly. The guys that make powerdvd come off as stupid to me, but seem to have close to a monopoly on next gen playback on the computer... I'm going to try and replace them with nero tonight and hopefully everything will be at peace in the world...

Edit: Oh yeah, I doubt speed makes any difference in movie/audio playback, they wouldn't release a drive that can't play a movie... probably only matters if you are using for data transfer, which probably means your filthy rich and don't need to be posting in the deals forum = ]

$239.99, HOT!

I still haven't finished my box yet, should have waited, oh well. Can't wait to get it going and play some movies with this drive.

Last week Bestbuy had 25% off all LG drives and this was 225. SO sorry I missed it especially since I got some of their gift cards for Xmas. I expect the price to drop on these pretty soon.

I would love to jump on this.... *sigh* but Christmas spending and my own hardware upgrades has me saying no go.... *can anyone convince me otherwise?* lol

It ends up being like $260 after shipping ($7 for some insurance and $12 something for the shipping itself), it's $240 Canadian...just to clarify. I think I'd spend the $30 extra to get it from newegg, reputation is worth alot. Plus they no longer can process American credit cards... /sigh

It ends up being like $260 after shipping ($7 for some insurance and $12 something for the shipping itself), it's $240 Canadian...just to clarify. I think I'd spend the $30 extra to get it from newegg, reputation is worth alot. Plus they no longer can process American credit cards... /sigh
I got all the parts in my computer (and case, 2 games, etc.) from NCIX and they didn't have a scratch on them. My video card even arrived on a Friday when I made the order Thursday, so they have my seal of approval, if it helps. Then again, I'm from Canada and since Newegg doesn't ship here I had to go somewhere else. :p

The title for this post is wrong, it's $259 now, not $295. It was $259 after shipping, but I guess the price went up. I bit when it was at the lower price, but I'm kinda wishing I didn't. I ordered on 12/31/07, it's now 1/4/08 and it still hasn't shipped, even though their site says it's been processed and they've taken my money already. "This item is in stock and will ship as soon as possible. Usually ships in 1-2 business days. " my @$$. Pretty slow service imho

Back