[H]ard|DC'er of the Month - NOMINATIONS - January

Jon855

[H]ard DCOTM January 2008
Hard DCer of the Month for Janurary NOMINATIONS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I apologize for getting this to the thread a little late. i have been very busy and still will be for the next few days. Until then, nominate away.

It's now the time to nominate gals and guys you think deserve to get the [H]ardDCer of the month title.

Here's some rules :
The rules are quite simple, and should be easy for everyone to follow. There are only three of them.
1) To nominate someone, you must give at least a brief reasoning behind why they should be nominated. The other rules remain as they are we are just implementing this small change so that we ALL can see why you think the person should be nominated.
2) Past winners cannot be nominated until one full year after they last won.
3) You cannot nominate yourself.
Jon855 and Xilikon are going to be in charge of this from here on out so if you have any questions/comments pertaining to this please feel free to PM one of us at any time.
What is the [H]ard|DCer of the Month?:
Every month, the team gets a chance to choose someone they thought contributed greatly to the team, and give them a bit of recognition for it. At the beginning of each month, a nomination thread is held. Here is your chance to nominate whoever you think deserves recognition. Someone can be nominated for any reason. It does not matter if they designed some massive piece of software to help the team in some way, or simply added a few boxen to ramp up their production.
How things work :
Nominations are held for 10 days starting on the 1st of each month
The nominated people move onto a poll. The Poll will be open from the 11th and shall remain open until the 20th and then the interview process shall take ten days after that.
The first 10 days of the next month will be time for getting the Custom title changes, interviews etc done.
Same as before, vote for whoever you want, for whatever reasons you want. If there is a tie, a runoff will be held. After the winner is chosen, they are interviewed so the entire team can see what makes them tick.
Prizes:
Being that there is no cash flow funding the [H]|DCer, there is only so much we can do in the way of prized. Prizes will be awarded yearly for the [H]ard|DCer or the Year. The monthly [H]|DCers do not have a physical prize, but thanks to Kyle and the rest of the gang, we still have something to give winners. All monthly winners will receive a custom title showing off their achievement.
Past winners:
December 2007: King_N
November 2007: Unknown Folder
October 2007: Pocatello
September 2007: gnewbury
August 2007: relic
July 2007: fenderltd
June 2007: Tormond
May 2007: Xilikon
April 2007: Darktiger
March 207:BillR
February 2007: Tigerbiten
January 2007: Whoops...
December 2006: Hito Bahadur:
November 2006: King_N:
October 2006: p[H]ant0m:
August 2006: Anderu:
July 2006: roftranspo,
June 2006: AtomicMoose,
May 2006: Mikeblas,
April 2006: OSUGuy98,
March 2006: BakedOn,
February 2006: Marty9876,
January 2006: Viper87227,
December 2005: FLECOM,
November 2005: King_N,
October 2005: Unhappy_Mage

I nominate celerator, 21st on the team, always around encouraging people, steady production.

this may sound STUPID as hell, but I want to nominate the companies out there whose machines make it possible to fold.

In this the new year, we're seeing faster computers, more cores, better performance, and without the companies whose hardware we use to fold, there would be no folding. Companies like AMD and Intel pushing better processors and more cores allow us to use SMP clients as a default, rather than as the exception. Companies like Sony add folding to the PS3 and vastly increase the amount of work being done in the F@H project.

We've recognized the unknown folder, silently running their computers away at home, so why not recognize the hardware companies whose products allow us to fold in the first place.

And that is my nomination :p

Jon855 for obvious reasons, especially his awesome interview of the unknown folder :)

Hope the third time is a winner :)

Another vote for Jon855, hopefully he gets more votes his third time around than I did. :D

And another vote for Jon855... despite being busy with life he still manages to find time to organize all this for us on a regular basis, and of course all the hard work that went into the Unknown Folder interviews....

I would like to nominate BLUEFISH44 for enduring me whole of these times... Not once my smack down have been successful against him. He also defended against me my Thanksgiving Overtake mark and to the 1mil mark. And I'm feeling nice so... :eek:

I would like to nominate BLUEFISH44 for enduring me whole of these times... Not once my smack down have been successful against him. He also defended against me my Thanksgiving Overtake mark and to the 1mil mark. And I'm feeling nice so... :eek:

Yes my tortoise tactics have been quite successful against your jack rabbit like production.

Thanks for giving me that extra push i needed to ramp production.

I nominate Aldamon.

Kick-ass production,

kick-ass smart ass.

big help around the DC forum.

My momma always told me: better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass!

Back