Typing backwards

3mln

n00b
Does anyone know what would make Firefox start typing backwards. My RA is having trouble with her laptop, it's typing backwards so that the cursor stays in place and the letters come out right to left instead of left to right. Please let me know if you can help me fix this problem.

?melborp eht s'tahw oS

j/k

Hmm, weird. Spyware or virus infection? It only happens in Firefox? What about other apps? IE?

If it's an infection of some sort, it's actually kinda cool... :D

Everything I have been able to find on this points towards some form of malware. Download the 30 day trial of NOD32 v3 and run that in safe mode, and then do the same with SuperAntiSpyware... and see what comes up there. If that's all clean, maybe try uninstalling Firefox and then reinstalling it...

EDIT... one other thing I did find has to do with extensions causing similar problems. Run FF in safe mode by right clicking the Firefox icon, select properties, insert "-safe-mode" (no quotes) after firefox.exe in the target line and then launch Firefox... if everything is okay there then it is likely an extension or add-on causing the problem.

If you find what it is please let us know, thats a brilliant trick :D
Good luck sorting it btw.

My friends computer was doing this the other day. It was really weird, it wasn't in insert mode or anything. We couldn't figure out why it was doing it. Ended up restarting and that fixed it for him.

Mine was doing that as well a few months ago. It was the left arrow key got stuck, wasn't stuck hardware wise, it was in the software and rebooting the PC fixed it.

Last time I saw this on a Laptop, the user had an external keyboard attached sitting up against the side of the desk and it had the left-arrow-key depressed :)

Back