3870X2 (R680) Video @CES doing COD4 2560x1600 AA on

Status
Not open for further replies.
already posted about halfway down the first page

first 3dmark score

31a9a36d0fc84ba3b06fc39jh9.jpg

Also worth noting is that those 3d marks were done in vista, so tack 1000-1500 onto that score in xp.

Also worth noting is that those 3d marks were done in vista, so tack 1000-1500 onto that score in xp.

Means alot to me, I run Vista :D

Looks cool, I do not think it's "upgrade worthy" since it's still not anything new. Pretty interesting though, let's hope that ATI has better driver support than Nvidia had with their 7950GX2.

Im excited GOGO ATI! please dont screw this up need good competition again.

Agreed,the video is impressive,and the card looks sooo kick ass ! :eek:

Whichever is fastest of the two,and has the best driver support at launch,will get my money.

well if those 3dmark numbers are true...

wow. thats VERY impressive! now to wait and see how nvidias dual-gpu 9800 performs. Its got 2 boards and looks a lot worse compared to the 3870 x2, so if i had to buy one of these now, it would be the 3870

well if those 3dmark numbers are true...

wow. thats VERY impressive! now to wait and see how nvidias dual-gpu 9800 performs. Its got 2 boards and looks a lot worse compared to the 3870 x2, so if i had to buy one of these now, it would be the 3870

I disagree. The 3870 x2 looks like the same old shit, a pcb with a cooler. NVIDIA is trying to do something different.. that in itself is cool.

I disagree. The 3870 x2 looks like the same old shit, a pcb with a cooler. NVIDIA is trying to do something different.. that in itself is cool.
you have that backwards. the gx2 is just sli.

Gotta disagree there: Performance aside, I'd say two gpus on one pcb is more sophisticated than slapping two cards together.

But each to his own.

Gotta disagree there: Performance aside, I'd say two gpus on one pcb is more sophisticated than slapping two cards together.

But each to his own.

I'm talking about the external aesthetics. You don't even see the 2 PCB's slapped together.

The 3870 x2 looks like the shape of a penis. WTF is that about? extra long cooler with a fan at the very tip FTL.

you have that backwards. the gx2 is just sli.

Um... how is it backwards?

Of course it's "just SLI".. no one's debating that, genius. The argument is with regard to aesthetics.

Oh BTW, 3870 X2 is "just Crossfire". See how pointless and obvious the statement is?

something different like 7950gx2 ?

Exactly, its not bad really except nvidia didnt support it very well so there were lots of problems with the GX2 until much later. Its all going to boil down on who will properly support these X2 gpus better.

2 GPUs on a board looks very tasty, though I'm hoping this card will come around the $300 price point some time this year.

I'm talking about the external aesthetics. You don't even see the 2 PCB's slapped together.

The 3870 x2 looks like the shape of a penis. WTF is that about? extra long cooler with a fan at the very tip FTL.

Well in that case, i think they both look shitty. But I do agree with you that ATi needs to change it up a little-- their coolers since the x800's sucked ass.

2GPU's on the same board is a work of art! Nvidias card looks like an abortion by comparison and I ain't no fan boy, I have always had Nvidia cards, just ordered a GTS matter of fact but I won't buy the GX2. The size of the thing alone is reason enough not to buy it let alone the whole jerry rigging 2 PCB's togethor instead of doing things the proper way such as ATI have done. I will most likely be switching to ATI once this card is out!

Cheers

I always prefer NVidia to ATi; However, It looks like ATi has stooped NVidia - Or NVidia significantly underestimated what ATi had to offer this round....

Oh well....

You have some pretty horrible homosexual tendencies...

Anyways, enough of your weird dreaming penis's issue, let's look on the bright side, it will work on my current motherboard, WooHoo!!!:D

Trying to do something different, aka bolt 2 cards together chop off one of the pcie connectors and laughably market it as a "single card"...oh wait they done that with the 7950gx2 AND the 7900gx2 as well, yup really very different...

And whens the last time ati or nvidia released a card with 2 gpus on the one pcb? Its been tried by sapphire and the like but this is the first time in years one of the vendors has actually done it.

I shudder to think what you think constitutes a penis if thats what you think one looks like..

Actually Sr7 we have no clue how they interconnect both GPU's on the board with the 3870X2, unless that chip onboard acts a Crossfire interface it could be complete hardware driven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back