EVGA RMA replacement a rip off?

xbeemer

Limp Gawd
I'm starting to get a really bad feeling about EVGA as a company. First there was the "Lifetime Warranty" that at this point seems more like a bait and switch come on:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1254170

Now a separate but related issue with EVGA, is that I finally received the RMA replacement for the 8800GTX card purchased last April that failed last month. It took them over 3 weeks, which seems excessive as Logitech can replace a dead mouse in about 10 days. But at least I got the replacement.

However upon examination of the card, I noticed it was not a new card, not even a "white box" type that came back as a return. This card was old and beaten up. The plastic fan cowling was scratched up, the PCIx card slots fingers were well worn from numerous insertions into the motherboard, and worse of all the SLI fingers were worn. This card was clearly in a SLI setup and it was clearly an older, well used card. If I had seen it at a flea market, even at a bargain price, I'd take a pass.

I could find no repair solder marks on the PC board, so I'm left with two likely scenarios:

1. It failed in someone's SLI setup, but passed the test in a single setup, so EVGA cleaned it up and sent it out again as an RMA. So if I want to go with SLI, the card likely will fail.

or 2. They replaced the GPU (I'm not sure but I think the GPU, unlike other components, is not soldered and can be replaced), but I'm left with a board that has seen who knows what kind of overheating, and who knows what reduction to the board's lifespan.

Actually, I would not have a problem with either of these if EVGA really supported the Lifetime Warranty they claim. But it is starting to look like they are going to duck out on that, which will leave me with what amounts to a 3 month warranty on a boarderline replacement card.

Most people report good experiences with RMA replacements, but there is also some rumbling about recent possible EVGA support rip offs.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1261304

So I have to wonder, if EVGA has been a really good company, as many here feel, and if the EVGA people most here come into contact with - the tech and support people - are decent, helpful people as many here insist (and from my limited experience I believe this is probably the case)...then what is going on with EVGA these days? Have they been taken over by the bean counters who are turning the company into something else? Or are they in financial trouble and feel they need to go for the short term money gouge simply to make payroll? Or both? Anyone know what's really going on?

Edit starts here -----------------------------------------------------

This morning I received a phone call from Joe Darwin from EVGA. He apologized for having taken so long to reply to my email, and he told me he would reinstate the Lifetime Warranty on my card. I've posted a retraction of my negative speculation about EVGA and an apology for it on the EVGA "Lifetime Warranty warning thread here:

As I've said a couple times on this thread, the policy of replacing cards with recycled cards is not unreasonable if it is part of the Lifetime Warranty. The arithmetic is pretty simple here:

One year warranty, replace failed card with an old card = ripoff because it is reasonable to assume the card will not have the 3 year of so lifespan you generally expect from video cards.

Lifetime Warranty, replace failed card with an old card = not a ripoff even though it may be a bit of a bummer to get an old scratched card when the failed card you sent in for RMA was in pristine shape (aside from no longer working). This is a very reasonable, even clever, way to allow EVGA to offer the LifeTime warranty and the 90 day upgrade plan. If you get the beaten up looking card, as I did, if it fails within a few months, it is a bit of an inconvenience but small price to pay for a continuing warranty on these expensive cards.

So, as long as EVGA honors the Lifetime Warranty, it is not unreasonable for them to replace it with a recycled card that works.

BTW, the one they send me is seriously ugly...but it's running cooler than the original card, so maybe it's not so bad after all.

Have you tested the card to see if it works?

In the warranty terms it is clearly stated that EVGA can ship you either a new or refurbished/repaired product at their own discretion. If the card works fine then that is really all that should matter and that is the end of their obligation to you. If it doesn't work that is another matter entirely.

However you can call or contact EVGA and voice your dissatisfaction, providing photos if you feel it's necessary. They should remedy the situation for you if you've indeed been treated unfairly.

And no, the GPU cannot be replaced. The GPU is soldered on like every other component, it just uses a BGA soldering method that isn't visible (entirely under the chip itself)

I'm starting to get a really bad feeling about EVGA as a company. First there was the "Lifetime Warranty" that at this point seems more like a bait and switch come on:

Now a separate but related issue with EVGA, is that I finally received the RMA replacement for the 8800GTX card purchased last April that failed last month. It took them over 3 weeks, which seems excessive as Logitech can replace a dead mouse in about 10 days. But at least I got the replacement.

However upon examination of the card, I noticed it was not a new card, not even a "white box" type that came back as a return. This card was old and beaten up. The plastic fan cowling was scratched up, the PCIx card slots fingers were well worn from numerous insertions into the motherboard, and worse of all the SLI fingers were worn. This card was clearly in a SLI setup and it was clearly an older, well used card. If I had seen it at a flea market, even at a bargain price, I'd take a pass.

I could find no repair solder marks on the PC board, so I'm left with two likely scenarios:

1. It failed in someone's SLI setup, but passed the test in a single setup, so EVGA cleaned it up and sent it out again as an RMA. So if I want to go with SLI, the card likely will fail.

or 2. They replaced the GPU (I'm not sure but I think the GPU, unlike other components, is not soldered and can be replaced), but I'm left with a board that has seen who knows what kind of overheating, and who knows what reduction to the board's lifespan.

Actually, I would not have a problem with either of these if EVGA really supported the Lifetime Warranty they claim. But it is starting to look like they are going to duck out on that, which will leave me with what amounts to a 3 month warranty on a boarderline replacement card.

Most people report good experiences with RMA replacements, but there is also some rumbling about recent possible EVGA support rip offs.

So I have to wonder, if EVGA has been a really good company, as many here feel, and if the EVGA people most here come into contact with - the tech and support people - are decent, helpful people as many here insist (and from my limited experience I believe this is probably the case)...then what is going on with EVGA these days? Have they been taken over by the bean counters who are turning the company into something else? Or are they in financial trouble and feel they need to go for the short term money gouge simply to make payroll? Or both? Anyone know what's really going on?

If you are dissatisfied with your RMA and think its in a condition that is not good enough to use then you should contact RMA via PHONE. And immediately email them pictures as you speak with them if you wish for them to see it. So they can see it, and then you can RMA it for another card. We have already spoken in regard to the "Lifetime Warranty" Policy. But the policy clearly states it can be a recertified card and if it works i don't really see a reason to RMA it unless its badly beaten. All i suggest is that you call in and talk to support and get a resolution at that moment instead of constantly posting threads in here and making me have to reply to you publicly when you can PM me if you have a problem. Or better yet call in and speak with a supervisor if you are truly mad. And in reference to the second link you posted, which is unrelated, i have already tried to contact the OP in his thread as well as by PMing him with no responses. If you ask around these forums you will know that i have gotten many peoples' problems taken care of and i am sure that i can get his fixed as well.

Thanks,
Russianhaxor

I personally would want a new looking card as well as new working card back as rma. All my video cards look like new when I upgrade and sell them, if you have a card that is scratched/beated up it will really hurt resell value, that is reason enough to get another card imo.

Hah! Don't ever return a motherboard back to Asus/Abit/Asrock/MSI and I'm sure, others.

Video cards don't just fail after a year. You overclocked it and broke it and now you want warranty service.

I don't blame evga for sending you something back that isn't new.

I personally would want a new looking card as well as new working card back as rma. All my video cards look like new when I upgrade and sell them, if you have a card that is scratched/beated up it will really hurt resell value, that is reason enough to get another card imo.

doesnt matter what you want. the warranty of most manufacturers states that you might get a refurb/recert card back. some manufacturers (abit) tell you that you definitely will get a refurb/recert back. if the part is recently released, there is a good chance you will get a new part back. but as time goes on, the rma departments build up a stock of working used parts (some repaired, some "not good overclockers", etc) that they will use for rma's. a lifetime warranty does not mean you will get a new retail box every time you send one back. some guys (i am not insinuating it is you) run the piss out of their cards, or screw them up putting on aftermarket cooling, modded bios, etc, and rma their cards every few months.

I did not say I would want a new card, I said new looking.. for resale value, I upgrade every 2-4 months on average, whenever a new line comes out, I sell my old typically for as much as the new card cost me to upgrade on ebay. That is why I keep all my retail packaging and keep everything in like new condition, and if I overclock my video card its usually just a little bit, and most of the time I don't bother. but I believe evga allows you to overclock anyway as long as its not physically altering the card, besides an after market cooler.

the replacement should come with the same lifetime warranty your original came with.

atleast thats how BFG lifetime works /shrug

the replacement should come with the same lifetime warranty your original came with.

atleast thats how BFG lifetime works /shrug

Thats how the EVGA warranty works as well, he is saying its not cosmetically upto par.

EVGA Tests every single 8800GTX/ultra and im also assuming both old and new GTS and GTs before they send it to you because they A, bin the cards based on how well they overclock (better cards get sold for more with higher clocks) and B to make sure the card works as it should.

That involves putting it into a motherboard and actually using the card. Maybe they test it in SLi too, I don't know, but that could easily explain your problem.

Seriously what the fuck is your problem with EVGA, that you got to bitch about every little insignificant detail? Cant a company earn their reputation based on merit and not falsehoods?

The problem with the GTX card is that they are no longer produced. So, getting a new card as a replacement will be a little tough at some point. Every company's warranty will state that they will replace with a fully functional new, used, or refurbished component and will carry the original warranty.

Video cards don't just fail after a year. You overclocked it and broke it and now you want warranty service.

Don't jump the gun.

I had a 8800GTX when it FIRST got released in Canada, I had it working for 1 month and a transister blew on it, when I was running a 24 hour stress test.

Not even overclocked, just overheated!

Don't jump the gun.

I had a 8800GTX when it FIRST got released in Canada, I had it working for 1 month and a transister blew on it, when I was running a 24 hour stress test.

Yup, the "first gen" 8800GTX's had some problems and not all got recalled :eek:.

Don't jump the gun.

Yeah, you werent supposed to get those. They were supposed to be recalled back to EVGA or whomever you bought it from. But apparently it slipped through the cracks.

I thought evga had good customer service?

no, they have great customer service. last year, when it was discovered that the evga 680i board (and all other ref 680i boards) would not overclock the quad past 1300fsb, they fixed their board, and swapped it for old ones for free. did xfx or bfg or any of the other companies selling ref boards do anything remotely like that? nope. actually, they did absolutely zero.

Uhm... Wow... That's one hell of a false generalization. By your logic, my P5B deluxe, nor my A8N-SLI, nor my 7800GT, nor the hundreds of Products I've RMA'd for customers, should have randomly failed eh? Howabout the PSU that just blew up beside me? Guess I must have broken it by overclocking the power transistors or something.

And besides, eVGA covers overclocking in their warranty. This should not matter.

funny...I've overclocked everything I've ever owned as far as they would go...and if I met a wall, I'd start modding to go further. Never had a failure from overclocking yet, and I'd venture to say that a lot of people around here could say the same. The only things I ever RMA'd weren't even for me and were run in stock systems for either my parents or mother 'n law.
So saying that overclocking broke something when you don't even know the circumstances is to say the very least grossly ignorant because just like mechanical devices can fail at any given time whether stressed or not, electrical devices can too.

You show remarkable certitude for facts not in evidence. Your real name isn't GW Bush by any chance?

For the record, and not that it should matter, I never overclocked the card - the damn things run too hot for me to be comfortable with that.

And while I agree that video cards shouldn't die within the first year - I have a half dozen old Asus cards on a shelf that never quit, they just got out of date - the EVGA card did die in just 7 months. Bad luck or bad quality control? You be the judge.

The thing about a company that is starting to go sleazy in its customer relations is that you can't tell if it goes beyond the help desk, if they are starting to cut corners in the quality of their product. You just don't know.

We have already spoken in regard to the "Lifetime Warranty" Policy.
No, we haven't "spoken." You made a comment that "the warning was in so many places," which I didn't bother to respond to because you had completely missed (or ignored) the point of my post, that it wasn't in so many places. In fact it is practically hidden, in blurry small type on reverse printed blue ink on the cover. Now it's in the manual too, but it wasn't last April when I bought the card.

But the policy clearly states it can be a recertified card and if it works i don't really see a reason to RMA it unless its badly beaten.
It does work, and if the "Lifetime Warranty" was real, I'd be OK with it. But getting a clearly worn out card to replace the one I had, with virtually no warranty remaining to back it up...that's a rip off. There is no dainty way to say it, and people should know that EVGA is doing this, just as it is not promptly refunding defective returned purchases made from the online store, as reported by the OP in the thread "EVGA Customer Support (thumbs down)" at:
All i suggest is that you call in and talk to support and get a resolution at that moment instead of constantly posting threads in here and making me have to reply to you publicly when you can PM me if you have a problem.
This is my 2nd thread about EVGA. Two problems, two threads. Not what I would call "constantly." As for public vs. PM, one of the reasons for this forum is to share information. I understand why you might want keep EVGA's response in the dark, but for the rest of us, a little light is helpful.

It is painfully obvious that xbeemer has some vendetta against EVGA. From the first thread about the lifetime warranty you can gather that he isn't one for following instructions. The first thing I did when I got my card was register it on the EVGA site because thats what a little insert told me to do. Actually EVGA has an AMAZING site for dealing with support and RMA's. I have honestly never dealt with a system that was so easy to use.

My 8800GT I bought on launch day from NCIX was bad. As per the rules of the warranty within the first 30 days I am supposed to return it to the retailer. EVGA agreed to let me RMA it to them since they would be able to return me a product much faster than NCIX with the high demand and what not. Every thing went smooth as silk. I got a brand new still shrink wrapped card in return only a couple days later, then again they probably wouldn't have and recerts to send out only 2 days after launch ;)

Cliffs:

- You didn't read the instructions on the warranty, it is common practice to have to register products in order to receive warranty support.
- You are most likely freaking out over a few small scuff marks, pics or shens.
- You feel wronged by EVGA and are going out of your way to put them in a bad light when in actuality you only have yourself to blame for at least half of what your complaining about.

Dude the warranty makes it so obvious that you need to register. I'm glad I finally read one of these threads of yours at home so I had a chance to take a picture of what I received from Evga.. back in Feb 2007 or whenever I bought my card.

Back of the box, clearly states that you need to register it.

Inside of each flap, clearly stating you have 30 days to do so, with the 30 nice and BIG. This sticker takes up 6 inches or so and is clearly visible. Its not their fault you failed at reading.

Close up

No, we haven't "spoken." You made a comment that "the warning was in so many places," which I didn't bother to respond to because you had completely missed (or ignored) the point of my post, that it wasn't in so many places. In fact it is practically hidden, in blurry small type on reverse printed blue ink on the cover. Now it's in the manual too, but it wasn't last April when I bought the card.

It does work, and if the "Lifetime Warranty" was real, I'd be OK with it. But getting a clearly worn out card to replace the one I had, with virtually no warranty remaining to back it up...that's a rip off. There is no dainty way to say it, and people should know that EVGA is doing this, just as it is not promptly refunding defective returned purchases made from the online store, as reported by the OP in the thread "EVGA Customer Support (thumbs down)" at:

This is my 2nd thread about EVGA. Two problems, two threads. Not what I would call "constantly." As for public vs. PM, one of the reasons for this forum is to share information. I understand why you might want keep EVGA's response in the dark, but for the rest of us, a little light is helpful.

All i'm saying is that there are plenty of people out there that have had problems that didnt post threads about every single one but instead contacted me regarding their issue since making it public really has no reason. As jmackay's post indicates there are plenty of places where it indicates there is more to it other than just owning the card. I responded to you earlier attempting to convey that our policy is in place and that its not a sham, and we arent hiding it from customers. I get plenty of calls from customers that clearly read that they should not return it to the store when i tell them they can exchange it or etc. which means plenty of people read it. Perhaps in your case you didnt, but the statement that its a sham is not true. If you want some help please ask for it i'm here to help.

As for public vs. PM, one of the reasons for this forum is to share information. I understand why you might want keep EVGA's response in the dark, but for the rest of us, a little light is helpful.

You really aren't sharing any information, just bashing a company that has proved on more then one occasion they'll admit their mistakes and fix them. Your claims go against their track record, whil eit doesn't make them flase, it just is harder to accept your charges.

You failed to register your card, even though it is clearly stated, I would of posted pics of my card bought around last April which look identical to J's box. I had a slip of paper from either the manual or inside the box that reminded me of their warranty policy and to register to activate it.

I don't have any brand loyalty, I'm just pointing out that I and many others think you are in the wrong and your charges are beginning to look more like the rantings of someone with an agenda.

The thing about a company that is starting to go sleazy in its customer relations is that you can't tell if it goes beyond the help desk, if they are starting to cut corners in the quality of their product. You just don't know.

How is evga cutting corners on their product. All 8800GTXs are asembled by one maker, flextronics, keep in mind that doesn't mean all video cards sell are built thru flextronics, but being a high end card, and nvidia wanting to keep quality, card uniformity and price as level across the board as possible. This is usually the case with both nvidia and ATi with their high end parts. As you go down the price level, they get less strict, this can be proven with the 8800GT and more so the 8800GS, and custom PCBs and memory setups.

Flextronics makes all the 8800GTXs and G80 GTS's, They get in boxes, and x amount are shipped to AIBs. AIBs create the retail package, create the driver disk, cables, and so forth. Some may also speed binned, separated, packaged, and priced accordingly, then provide customer support and a warranty system.

IF anything, EVGA is giving you MORE quality not less than for instance, PNY or some of the smaller volume AIBs which only sell stock clocked cards. EVGA atleast puts it on a working test computer, and run basic overclock stress tests and at the very least weed out DOA's.

As time goes by, I hear of less 8800GTX DOAs, The reason is after awhile the end product gets better. you may of had an earlier produced card, some had issues with the power circuitry, you got a faulty but not a bad product. I don't see how if the card fails after 7 months than thats EVGAs fault, it worked for 7 months in your computer, EVGA didn't manufacturer the card, but you were covered none the less.

Some people had less of a hardon for sapphire and than you do about EVGA and they had 10x the reason to be pissed about their customer service AND quality because they produce 99% of "built by ATi" cards. Check the link out, their are some pretty valid reasions for hating sapphire.

Their isn't a single reason in this thread or your other thread to warrent an all out PR personal vendetta against EVGA, I mean seriously some of your gripes are pretty baseless when you get down to it.

You really aren't sharing any information, just bashing a company that has proved on more then one occasion they'll admit their mistakes and fix them. Your claims go against their track record, whil eit doesn't make them flase, it just is harder to accept your charges.

You failed to register your card, even though it is clearly stated, I would of posted pics of my card bought around last April which look identical to J's box. I had a slip of paper from either the manual or inside the box that reminded me of their warranty policy and to register to activate it.

I don't have any brand loyalty, I'm just pointing out that I and many others think you are in the wrong and your charges are beginning to look more like the rantings of someone with an agenda.

Whoa whoa whoa there buddy.

I have had an extremely bad experience with evga not supporting their products. Extreme to the point that I will never think about using them again. evga is not all their cracked up to be and the very fact that they set rules and have their customers jump through hoops just to get a lifetime warranty says something. we all know that there are many fan boys here who will defend companies for no truly reasonable reason, but you all need to step back and take into consideration what is being said here rather than getting riled up and defending a company that should not be defended.

The question is why EVGA is doing this. They already have your serial number if it's a RMA or stepup, yet they require the customer to go online, create an account, then register the product. They know very well many people will not bother, or know about doing this.

This reminds me a lot about mail in rebates - if you dont do it then you lose it. Same case here. I dont think EVGA should be applauded for going this route. They're obvoiusly saving money by doing it this way, while at the same time advertising the card has having lifetime warranty.

They deserve the critism for this policy.

This reminds me a lot about mail in rebates - if you dont do it then you lose it. Same case here. I dont think EVGA should be applauded for going this route. They're obvoiusly saving money by doing it this way, while at the same time advertising the card has having lifetime warranty.

It clearly states that you have to register it on the box just like how mail in rebates state the rules clearly. If you do a rebate and they don't give you your money back or if you register it and they DONT give you a replacement THEN they would deserve the criticism. eVGA never forced you to purchase their items.

well I'm with the original poster on this and the condition of the card. I would be pissed too if I took meticulous care of my originally bought card yet it still died and was given a dodgy one in return that looked like it was actually part of the battlefield of one of the games it allowed you to play. Cosmetics are important to me too and I would not want bent, scratched or scuffed parts no matter what. These cards are damn expensive especially last April when they were still fairly new. Just because EVGA doesn't offer a double lifetime warranty doesn't mean the cards they send out should look like dung, as now the resale value HAS DROPPED cause I bet my life a potential buyer in the future would take another card that looked in better shape than the original posters. It is easy to bash the original poster knowing that your own card is working fine and you don't have to go through what he is. Put yourself in his shoes however, say your card dies today, you wait 3 weeks for a replacement and it comes in much worse shape than the one you sent in. Are you still as happy of a camper as you were yesterday before your original card died? I highly doubt it.

And while we are on the topic of mail in rebates I was scammed on the rebate that was offered on my 8800 Ultra from EVGA. They told me the UPC wasn't included and I know damn well it was, I have a huge hole in my retail box saying otherwise. That is another matter entirely however.

Whoa whoa whoa there buddy.

I have had an extremely bad experience with evga not supporting their products. Extreme to the point that I will never think about using them again. evga is not all their cracked up to be and the very fact that they set rules and have their customers jump through hoops just to get a lifetime warranty says something. we all know that there are many fan boys here who will defend companies for no truly reasonable reason, but you all need to step back and take into consideration what is being said here rather than getting riled up and defending a company that should not be defended.

Whoa whoa whoa there...Going online is jumping through hoops now?

I'm sorry it took me less then two minutes to go online and fill out my registration. Almost every single video card I've had from Ati ad Nvidia required this. Most of them used to have you fill out the information and mail it to them.

My xbox 360 required me to mail in my registration anda check to warranty it. My Nikon had me fill out the registration, mail it in for the body, the lenses, and the motor control to 4 different places.

I'm sorry that I'm failing to register how EVGA's warranty is making you jump through hoops, but their warranty process is one of easier and smoothest ones I've had to sign up for. Does this make them perfect and the end all be all of cards? Not hardly but to say they are making you jump through hoops, or that they are trying to bait and switch, or hide their warranty info is...well just plain laughable.

If you have a legitmate gripe, especially where you can show they are out to cheat and defraud you that is a different story and by all means should be made public, similar to the sapphire ati fiasco that went on for the last couple months. Because of that I'm not buying sapphire and to a certain extent ati through association, even though I've had nothing but great cars from both sapphire and ati in the past.

however, in xbeemer's case i'm not seeing that from his posts, and well to a certain extent yours. Jumping through hoops? Not even remotely accurate in describing EVGA's warranty process from my experiance.

well I'm with the original poster on this and the condition of the card

On this I can understand frustration. I wouldn't want a card that is all beat up, even if it works. Used/refurbished is one thing, gone through the ringer is another.

If I had that much problems with a company I would not buy their product ever again. So sell your card, get another one from a different manufacturer. I don't know what you're trying to accomplish on here.

I can tell you that my personal experience with Evga was a good one. I bought a 7900gt oc from newegg 2 days after launch. Yep, it didn't work. I called Evga tech support. Now this was BEFORE the numerous reports of failing 7900gt cards started to surface. The gentleman on the phone had me check a few things and when I under clocked the mem it worked. No more questions he just cross-shipped me a new one. The same thing happened to me when I ordered my 6800gt from BFG(ZZF is their internet retailer). BFG argued with me for 2 weeks that my PSU was the cause. I finally received an RMA and had to pay for shipping:( Boo on BFG. On the question of a new vs used card, I personally don't care, Just as long as it works as advertised.

funny...I've overclocked everything I've ever owned as far as they would go...and if I met a wall, I'd start modding to go further. Never had a failure from overclocking yet, and I'd venture to say that a lot of people around here could say the same. The only things I ever RMA'd weren't even for me and were run in stock systems for either my parents or mother 'n law.
So saying that overclocking broke something when you don't even know the circumstances is to say the very least grossly ignorant because just like mechanical devices can fail at any given time whether stressed or not, electrical devices can too.

My interpretation of his post was "manufacturers aren't able to magically build a product to fail 1 day after the warranty ends". :p

The question is why EVGA is doing this. They already have your serial number if it's a RMA or stepup, yet they require the customer to go online, create an account, then register the product. They know very well many people will not bother, or know about doing this.

How is registering a product through an online form, which requires NO physical mailing or copying UPCs/receipts have anything to do with each other? With MIR you need to copy things perfectly, include everything, mail everything in time, and then do follow ups to make sure you get the rebate. Registering is just going to a website and typing in a serial number that is on the outside of the box. Please don't compare the two.

well I'm with the original poster on this and the condition of the card. I would be pissed too if I took meticulous care of my originally bought card yet it still died and was given a dodgy one in return that looked like it was actually part of the battlefield of one of the games it allowed you to play. Cosmetics are important to me too and I would not want bent, scratched or scuffed parts no matter what. These cards are damn expensive especially last April when they were still fairly new. Just because EVGA doesn't offer a double lifetime warranty doesn't mean the cards they send out should look like dung, as now the resale value HAS DROPPED cause I bet my life a potential buyer in the future would take another card that looked in better shape than the original posters. It is easy to bash the original poster knowing that your own card is working fine and you don't have to go through what he is. Put yourself in his shoes however, say your card dies today, you wait 3 weeks for a replacement and it comes in much worse shape than the one you sent in. Are you still as happy of a camper as you were yesterday before your original card died? I highly doubt it.

And while we are on the topic of mail in rebates I was scammed on the rebate that was offered on my 8800 Ultra from EVGA. They told me the UPC wasn't included and I know damn well it was, I have a huge hole in my retail box saying otherwise. That is another matter entirely however.

What condition of the card? All we have is the hyperbole of an obviously zealot customer who is out to get EVGA. Until he posts pics I am more inclined to think it is a few typical marks from EVGA actually testing the product they sent out to him before he got it. I doubt it is in as bad shape as he describes. Pics or Shens!

Yeah they screwed me over with RMA as well after one of my cards died in less than a year (without any oc'ing). I won't buy from them again. The RMA card they sent me was defective. Wouldn't even boot properly. I had to wait a little over a month to get a working card and that's after showing my loyalty buying their highest end cards (both cards that were very rare at the time)

The card I had before that was a lousy performer as well. I think EVGA used to be a good company but they can't handle their own popularity. (or are unwilling to anyways) They're the total opposite of what they used to be 3-4 years ago.

I won't buy from them again.

Trust me. EVGA didn't test the card they sent me either. It wouldn't even boot into windows. When I put it in SLI it told me the card wasn't getting enough voltage or something (it was plugged in)

Their cust service told me they tested it but theres no way that's possible. They just took an old card off the shelf. Both the cards they sent me were used so I wouldn't doubt if they just randomly pulled them from the RMA scrapheap.

I'm tired of [H] becoming a crying ground for disgruntled customers. Deal with customer service, if it all fails then come here. And before posting a thread and making it seem like a company is crap, take it to PMs.

why not just call customer service and let them know what's going on instead of bitching and whining here on the forum which is not gonna help you at all.

Back