Countdown to 1000 new borgs/addition

Jon855

[H]ard DCOTM January 2008
This is only for those who have added a new rig / client. Please subtract from the most recent count and do not contribute to this thread unless you are adding a client or new rig. Please use the client count instead of rig. Also if a member joins our team and has several clients already up and running, by all means please go ahead and dot it down here as well.

1000 Clients to go

Note: If each of these clients averages in at 200 ppd, that's two hundred thousand ppd ;)

Just set up a P4 running Ubuntu.

It should put out 200ppd... I hope. Time will tell.

Got one more... P4 2g running Fedora 7, I'm hoping to turn in at least 150ppd with this one... I hope:) Should have two more identical machines up by tomorrow, maybe Tuesday... I need to dig up another monitor somewhere...

Come on guys... let's get some more boxen up and running...

I just went from a single instance of 5.03 to the SMP client on my Q6600. I would run dual instances but I use two cores for World Community Grid.

Added an E4500 running SMP. I'm still trying to get those treadmarks off my face where everyone has run me over though! :D

Added the 15th, 16th, 17th & 18th SMP clients to my home farm.

983 to go.

Luck ................... :D

Quad Core Xeon 2.4 running the smp client.

969 , sorry havent got a clue how to make it bigger..

Q6600 @ 2.4ghz (stock cooler :()

Just joined the team, so far running SMP on a Q6600, SMP on an E2140 and a PS3. I'll keep my fingers crossed tonight and hope they are all up and running still tomorrow morning.

Adding a PS3 for however long the daughter isn't playing games on it.

Hate to do this, but I've been unable to get the Phenom stable - random reboots all the time, RMA'ing mobo, and I had to pull the mobo my Xeon was in for a client's PC because theirs was DOA and they've already been waiting on it for a week, so 8 of the cores I added are out. Until I RMA two mobos.

Hate to do this, but I've been unable to get the Phenom stable - random reboots all the time, RMA'ing mobo, and I had to pull the mobo my Xeon was in for a client's PC because theirs was DOA and they've already been waiting on it for a week, so 8 of the cores I added are out. Until I RMA two mobos.

8 Single clients or what? This thread is for Clients and not core counts... Let me know and I'll correct the whole thing.

Official Client Addition(s) Countdown Meter:

971 Clients to go

fireworks ??

Well... if a few sparks and some smoke count..... then yep:)

I'm going to try and swipe a psu out of one of my older machines and swap it in, see if that is all that died.

For some reason, I don't have a very good feeling about this, but we'll see...

Added a P4 2g running the Linux folding CD that Evil pointed me to...

It's completing a frame every 30 minutes so far... not bad considering the specs:)

Think I had an extra one from before.. Misread the thread at first, thought it was core count.. Took a bunch off, but left two that should have been one. Anyway though, Just added
2xSMP on a Xeon 3210 @ stock (will OC when I get chipset cooler)
2xconsole on E4500 @ stock

Think I had an extra one from before.. Misread the thread at first, thought it was core count.. Took a bunch off, but left two that should have been one. Anyway though, Just added
2xSMP on a Xeon 3210 @ stock (will OC when I get chipset cooler)
2xconsole on E4500 @ stock

RavenD, that's count of 4 so 970-4 = 966 :D

RavenD, that's count of 4 so 970-4 = 966 :D

I misread the opening post, thought it was CPUs, not clients. Did a net +2 with an earlier post, that should have been a +1. That's why I said 967

Welcome back!

Okay, finally got my 4400+ up and folding!!! Yay!!!!

That gives me a total of 8 clients at 17g:) Hope to start putting up some real numbers soon!

I'm upgrading my wife's school Venice rig to an E4300 setup (hopefully) this weekend. I'll post back when it's built. It won't be running SMP, but it will be one more core and a lot faster, too.

I'm also upgrading my file server to a P35 board, so hopefully it will get a few more MHz (and be more stable, stupid POS DS3) as well.

C2D E6600 Conroe @ 3.0ghz - 2 clients
Athlon 64 X2 4200+ @ 2.21ghz - 2 clients

I run some of my laptops when I am at home, but they aren't up 24/7 so I am not including them.

This is by clients, right?

Back