New CoolerMaster case : The Cosmos Storm

I just find this new case on CES news and want to share the news. :)

I find this case perfect, for a powerful system with a lot of air-ventilation, it's the first time that a premium case use a 20cm side fan.

More pictures:

:D

Looks nice, also looks HUGE!! If you look at the other cases in one of the pictures...it dwarfs them. No wonder it can hold a 20cm fan :p

actually looking at it more, im not sure on it. it looks cheaper made than the original cosmos. im sure it will cool well with the 200mm side fan and 3 exhausts on the roof, but the rack for the hardrives is replaced with one big rack., hmmm doesnt look as good as the original.

i like the front intake idea though.

the cosmos moto is performance meets silence, theres no way that case meets upto it, all those fans and all that mesh :(

i wouldnt mind the 200mm fan side panel though, but the rest looks cheap:eek:

they should have kept the same layout inside(expect with active HD cooling), made it aluminum and made it all black, the panels in those pics look navy coloured:confused:
and that panel ontop, that looks crap too. the original cosmos panel looks alot more expensive lol.

any more pics of the green one to the left of this pic?

my.php

.PS im not just saying this because i have a cosmos, it was free so makes no diffrence to my opinion.

Everything looks 'nice' about it except the front drive bays. They look TERRIBLE compared to my Cosmos. The front looks too much like the original Stacker which had an ugly front (looked more like a server box!).

I mean, I like the Stacker-like sides and the black looks but my silver Cosmos looks sexier.

... the panels in those pics look navy coloured :confused:
and that panel ontop, that looks crap too. the original cosmos panel looks alot more expensive lol.

yes, you are right but don't forget its a prototype and coolermaster are always open in any kind of suggestions you can do on their forum.

Personnaly, I will prefer a all flat black colored Storm (maybe glossy on the top but not sure) :)

any more pics of the green one to the left of this pic?

my.php

That looks like the Nvidia Claw concept case from Smooth Creations as part of the Coolermaster CSX line of cases. They've had it on CMCSX.com for about a month now under the gallery.

anyone else think the notches on the silver bits on the front of the case look terrible?

Oh yeah? Well my case has a 36cm AND a 25cm fan and only cost me 100 bucks. :p
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1031841782&postcount=489

I don't particularly like the look on this one to be honest. I like the DVD drive screwless design thing and the motherboard tray with those great holes in it but that's about it. If my case had come with holes in there so I could hide my cables more I'd be set. Maybe I'll just start modding it... *takes out saw*

anyone else think the notches on the silver bits on the front of the case look terrible?

yes i do ;)

the only one thing that is not very good is the glossy plastic on the top of the case, that will be the sanctuary of "the scratches". :( :)

I have some suggestions to make this 'S' model better.

1- Replace that black plastic cheap front door with an aluminum one.

2. Bring the I/O top panel from the Cosmos 1000 back.

3. The interior of the case should be made black rather than silver.

4. The side handle bar should be made of a daker shade of silver or black.

5. Add a removable mobo tray.

Did anyone see the case in the top most picture. That all black one REALLY rocks.

Just my 2 cents.

Back